Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kevin Carter just picked Tajh Boyd as his preseason Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Kevin Carter just picked Tajh Boyd as his preseason Heisman

Aug 17, 2012, 6:02 PM

favorite on the ESPNU award preview. Means nothing but so nice to be talked ab so often now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kevin Carter just picked Tajh Boyd as his preseason Heisman

Aug 17, 2012, 6:05 PM

It's entirely possible if he can cut down on the dumb mistakes. I've watched all of our losses and ugly wins over the last week to take special note of what went wrong and the one thing that was glaring was Tajh's refusal to throw the ball away or check down to a short route when he felt pressure. Heck, even if you'er in the pocket and no one's open, you can throw it at the nearest man's feet to avoid intentional grounding.

TB can definitely contend if he can just be a little smarter with the football. I think that's been a big point of emphasis from Chad in the offseason, too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2012, 6:09 PM

Don't forget about his glaring "lock-in" on his targeted receiver.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The game will slow down for Tajh this year.

Aug 17, 2012, 6:14 PM

He worked as hard in the off season as he did the year before. Imagine the difference between the TB of last year's spring game and the fall campaign. Now apply that to this year.

I fully expect Tajh to look like a pro this year. Heisman? Why not?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. I applaud (and share) your optimism!***

Aug 17, 2012, 6:15 PM

Wow! A handle I have not seen in a while. Of course, I

Aug 17, 2012, 6:18 PM

mostly slum in the Lunge!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I took a hiatus after the orange bowl. I didn't want that

Aug 17, 2012, 6:20 PM

level of negativity in my life, lol. Wanted to wait for the storm to blow over and I figured a few weeks before the season I'd be in the clear. ;)

Good to see ya back. Now, we NEED

Aug 17, 2012, 6:21 PM

pics! ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Thanks! Haha. Was just up in Clemson a couple of weeks ago

Aug 17, 2012, 6:30 PM

and almost snuck into the stadium for some shots of the new video board. Thanks to twitter and Facebook updates by the Ath Dept I didn't have to trespass like the old days. Ha

Aug 17, 2012, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Kevin Carter just picked Tajh Boyd as his preseason Heisman ]

I love our team, but Boyd for the Heisman is a real stretch. Boyd has some strengths, but his weaknesses are glaring. As previously stated, he does not know how to check down to receivers and he is easily rattled by a pass rush. He also does not scan the field for open receivers. If Kelly is not redshirted, I can envision him becoming the starter by the eighth game. This offense is better suited for Kelly. Boyd kind of reminds me of Cullen Harper. Everyone thought he was great, but sometimes numbers can be very deceiving. Boyd's numbers are impressive, but his play is questionable.

Entirely possible of our OL holds up***

Aug 17, 2012, 6:12 PM

I kinda think Kevin Carter is on artificial stimulants

Aug 17, 2012, 7:34 PM

yesterday he picked the Cluckers to not only win the SEC East, but to beat the SEC West team and win the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I kinda think Kevin Carter is on artificial stimulants

Aug 17, 2012, 9:38 PM

If Carter thinks that Carolina will win the East he just does not know football. Carolina is not as good as last year's team, and Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee will be better. Vandy might pull the upset if they can stop Carolina's running game.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic