Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unless you thought we could go 13-0, this was the absolute
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Unless you thought we could go 13-0, this was the absolute

Aug 31, 2014, 4:39 PM

best game for us to lose:

1. lost early

2. nonconference

3. probably will lead to some changes for the rest of the year.

Every single goal, including playoffs, is still on the table.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Unless you thought we could go 13-0, this was the absolute

Aug 31, 2014, 4:48 PM

That's how is see it York. We now see what we need to fix, and fix fast. We will not face a set of backs like UGA's again this year until maybe the playoffs. We showed that we can play with them we just need to execute better on offense. Mike Williams catches those balls in the first half we go in with the lead and the second have they are playing catch-up and not running as much as they did. Plus we should never allow a KO return. Spot the ball at the 20 and make their offense go the distance to score. That's isn't going to happen very many times. Go Tigers. Execute and win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 4:52 PM

I never thought we would go undefeated,but what troubles me is two weeks from now,and a trip to Tallahassee.
Lose that game,as I think we will,and you are outside the top 25 looking in.
And,just my opinion,you have to win out,or at least beat USC.
A 9-3 record,with losses in the big 3 games sets the program back a solid year.A 10-2 record,with a win over the coots would more than satisfy even the most rabid Clemson fans.

reality is that Gurley is the best back in America, and he

Aug 31, 2014, 4:55 PM

beat us.

UGA may be the best team on our schedule. We should have played much better, especially in the 2nd half. But you have to remember that we are young offensively, and we were on the road in a tough place.

It was closer than the score indicates.

Our young guys have to learn the ramifications of not executing. For example, we catch a few more passes and don't give up the KR, and it's possible we have a 2 touchdown lead in the 2nd half.

They will learn and we will be ready to go the Tally.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

he might have beat us, but he certainly didn't play a down

Aug 31, 2014, 5:03 PM

of defense when clemson's offense was amassing 15 yards and 1 1st down in the 2nd half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Aug 31, 2014, 5:14 PM

ok, so as the good RevDodd "said", why don't you sit safely

Aug 31, 2014, 5:26 PM

in dust bowl, ok while we'll man the farrrs here in the great southeast and listen while them dawgs bark mercilessly for the next few days.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why Gurley went apeshit...the O did nothing in the

Aug 31, 2014, 11:43 PM [ in reply to he might have beat us, but he certainly didn't play a down ]

2nd half and our defense was on the field for most of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just stop.

Aug 31, 2014, 4:52 PM

You're being realistic and rational.

Those things do not go over well here...

;)

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 4:54 PM

Yep, IF we run the table, FSU wins out aside from us, UNC and/or/both Lville have respectable top 25 type seasons, the coots are top 25, and we beat a ranked coastal team in the acccg our SoS will be good and we will be tough to keep out the playoffs assuming there aren't a bunch of undefeated teams.

Aug 31, 2014, 4:59 PM

SCAR will not be in top 25 and the UNC game is a big worry right now. Didn't like the lack of character on display in that 4th quarter. WE have no playmakers and no leadership. Toughness not as good as last year. We miss Shuey. He knew how to explode on people.

Aug 31, 2014, 5:19 PM

UNC is of no worry to me. .. they don't have near the talent we have and it's in the valley. We will beat them by 3 or more td's... I just hope they are ranked when they get to the valley, and then stay ranked through out the year.

Agreed: aside from the fact that it was Georgia ...

Aug 31, 2014, 4:57 PM

...which makes it a tough pill to swallow for us folks with kin there.

But certainly, it probably knocked some sense into our noggins ... at last I hope so!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 5:07 PM

Even though I agree with you on all points. I want to know why we just didnt stack the box and make Mason beat us. He didnt have to do anything but hand the ball off. Makes me worry on what BV is doing.

Uh huh....Right. Wrong Board Redneck***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

LOL!! Good call. They just can't help themselves.***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we would go 15-0***

Aug 31, 2014, 5:22 PM

Aug 31, 2014, 5:25 PM

Aug 31, 2014, 5:26 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15729176#15729176

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree York. Of course it will lead to changes.***

Aug 31, 2014, 6:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Aug 31, 2014, 6:07 PM

Aug 31, 2014, 6:35 PM

I agree with everything that you said. However I would caution that we could lose another one as well. This team is not good enough at this point to make mistakes against some middle level ACC teams. Overall I am excited about the future but it will be a work in progress.

Ha, you got a TD.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:28 PM

I swear it wasn't me. I don't TD often and I usually save them to ruin a coot's pulse.

Stanscok?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how much is fixable and how much is just lack of

Aug 31, 2014, 10:38 PM

players and talent.

Stoudt was great with time, but pressure made him fold up like a cheap tent. Too slow getting the ball out, little to no movement in the pocket to avoid the rush.

I also worry about our OT's. We arent deep there, and they didn't hold up well against a speed rush.

The dropped passes don't worry me for now, but I do worry that we lack adequate talent on offense.

I think we're good enough to beat most ACC teams, mainly because they mostly suck. Plus, there are no more Gurley's on the schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder how much is fixable and how much is just lack of

Sep 1, 2014, 3:34 AM

Spot on agree 100%

Aug 31, 2014, 10:39 PM

Perhaps we couldn't have gone 13-0, but I sure didn't want to know about it this soon.

Aug 31, 2014, 11:35 PM

is that you, Tommy Bowden?

Aug 31, 2014, 11:39 PM

well.... I did ;)

Don't we get a day or 2 to get over the lose before some

Aug 31, 2014, 11:40 PM

folks start trying to saying what a good thing it was?

Sep 1, 2014, 3:33 AM

LOL this team could do all that prolly but reality says 8-4 or 9-3 at best . Which is not bad but sure ain't great.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic