Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought the officiating at the NC game was excellent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I thought the officiating at the NC game was excellent

Jan 24, 2019, 11:21 AM

one thing I've notice re-watching the game 15 times is that the referees have been great. Anyone else agree?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: I thought the officiating at the NC game was excellent

Jan 24, 2019, 11:27 AM

If you mean great in allowing Bama's O-line to hold our guys to the point that Dabo had to call out the refs then yes they were great.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree - Thought it was very fairly called....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I agree - Thought it was very fairly called....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 24, 2019, 12:38 PM

Good to see no nfl official style misses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair to both teams.

Jan 24, 2019, 11:35 AM

Poor officiating but excellent in the fact that they missed and made the same calls on both sides of the ball. The fact that most of the calls that were made when against Bama is indicative of Bama's poor play and our excellence in the art of being focused on the task.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats really what i mean. It wasn't egregious either way

Jan 24, 2019, 11:49 AM

which so often isn't the case when Alabama plays anyone

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Fair to both teams.

Jan 24, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Fair to both teams. ]

Consistent officiating is perhaps more important than absolutely correct officiating. Those judgement calls like PI, or fouls in basketball, that get called differently at both ends are the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as in 2016 champ, they let alot of stuff go

Jan 24, 2019, 11:46 AM

They swallow their whistle and unless its egregious they won't call it. When you're on the wrong side of that, you're angry. When you're on the guilty side of that, you're relieved. There were plenty the didn't call. And if you lose the game thats what you refer too. Rueben Foster and Tony Brown from 2016 should've been disqualified with targeting but they didn't. We won anyway which made the win coupled with their cheap shots so much sweeter.

I for one don't mind it, the "let them play" scenario. But it is a slippery slope that has to be managed very carefully.

Jan 24, 2019, 11:47 AM

On the first pass to Renfrow he was clearly held as he tried to break to the sideline. I was furious at the no call at the time.
But our db's got away with the same type plays later in the game. So, I give the refs credit for being consistent.

Jan 24, 2019, 12:01 PM

Oh lord. Most tnetters aren’t going to agree because they have no idea what an actual hold is. They think our d line is held on every single play. Literally. It cracks me up.

But I agree with you. It was officiated nicely. They missed a few calls for both teams, but nothing crazy.

Jan 24, 2019, 12:54 PM

I don't mind officials missing some holding calls...... What I mind is when they miss out right tackling guys..... or when they completely turn a guy because they have his shirt and nothing being called.

The two great catches by Ross were because they guy was holding his one arm........ so yes, those were great catches....

I have a friend who was an SEC basketball official.... we talked about the statements people make that "the refs don't control the outcome of the game talk.... "

Here is what he told me about basketball and football...... "officials calls do control the flow of games at times and at times it might turn a game with momentum..... but those calls are not done intentionally."

he would laugh when sports analyst would say the "refs don't really affect the outcome of the game." Again, it was "of course we do, but not on purpose."

I think I know which call you're referring too

Jan 25, 2019, 9:40 AM

the right tackle basically picked austin bryant up and slammed him to the grounds. I was screaming at the TV too. And then the two holds on Renfrow early on in the game.

But i also think they didn't call (when the usually would) 2 maybe 3 pass interference's on us with AJ terrell on a hold and Mark Fields on two different coverage plays (both were 3rd downs if im not mistaken.) So as long as they call it even then it works as long as its not on a huge moment.

Jan 24, 2019, 2:43 PM

One thing you didn't see on TV that I saw at the game was the holding, especially on the receivers, early in their route. By the time they made their move and the camera got on them, you couldn't see the holding. Really bad on Renfro. If they were still close enough to him when he made his cut, they'd grad him with both hands around the waste for a second to break up the timing of the route.

Except for that helmet to helmet against TL that they missed***

Jan 24, 2019, 2:48 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic