Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
According to the CDC flu kills 12,000-61,000 a year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

According to the CDC flu kills 12,000-61,000 a year

May 2, 2020, 8:16 PM

Covid 19 has killed 67,400 in 2 months with the country on lockdown and a decimated economy. Fouci said 100-200k deaths about a month ago. He might be low.

Hospitalizations in SC are rising steadily

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/south-carolina#historical

I guess in SC testing causes people to go to the hospital for Covid 19

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to the CDC flu kills 12,000-61,000 a year

May 2, 2020, 8:27 PM

The infected count can't go higher if you aren't testing people! /s

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was talking about deaths and hospitalizations

May 2, 2020, 8:31 PM

which have little to do with testing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: According to the CDC flu kills 12,000-61,000 a year ]

Correct on the testing, I did not go this week because there is nothing to be done unless you need to be admitted to hospital. Go to WorldOMeter and you can see the numbers, updated everyday. Just watch the states that already open, Ga had 900 new cases in last 24 hours and it will take a couple of weeks before it really hits. We are going to lose our shot at another natty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 12:22 AM

You do know that Georgia tested thousands of more people last week. Guess what happens when you test more people? Of course, the Media was after the headlines, so what difference does it make to give the details.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2020, 8:30 PM

Lets open everything up imo.

OK***

May 2, 2020, 8:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2020, 8:34 PM

I want to know what effect the quarantine has had on the flu? And every other communicable disease. If it hasn't lowered the flu deaths its not going to lower anything else.

less interaction means less transmission

May 2, 2020, 8:43 PM

your odds of infection are greater if you interact with 100 people a day than 10 people a day.

I believe that wearing masks and social distancing lowers the rate of spread. I think we need to be more careful and open up ASAP. Most people won't until it hits home. I'd rather have my wife treat less covid patients every day than more. Her risk is higher than I like.

Re: less interaction means less transmission

May 2, 2020, 10:17 PM

God bless you and your wife and family! I've seen many articles about how to make a face mask out of tee shirts and paper towels, etc., but the size of many viruses are 3 microns, or less, which not even pharmaceutical grade HEPA filtration will prevent. Ergo, I will not wear a shield, unless I'm required to, and in which case I'll simply say thanks, but no thanks, and carry on like a country boy who has nothing to lose in the first place. and...

GO TIGERS!!!

I thought the mask was mainly to prevent you from spreading

May 2, 2020, 11:56 PM

it to others.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: less interaction means less transmission

May 3, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: less interaction means less transmission ]

you aren't wearing the mask to keep you safe. you are wearing it to keep others safe who are keeping you safe by also wearing masks. Much of the moisture, and virus, coming out of your mouth winds up in your mask, rather than being discharged four or five feet towards someone else. Wearing masks isn't a miracle preventative, but if everybody is doing it, it might keep your infection potential, and chances of you infecting others, down by some percentage.

May 2, 2020, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: According to the CDC flu kills 12,000-61,000 a year ]

Flu numbers in SC are essentially down to zero over the last several weeks.

Actually only 37,000 cases are attributed to COVID alone

May 2, 2020, 8:53 PM

When the Surfers & Tokers take to the streets in California like they did yesterday, the Gig is up LOL

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Re: Actually only 37,000 cases are attributed to COVID alone

May 2, 2020, 9:07 PM

Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of May 1, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes). Counts will be updated periodically. Additional information will be added to this site as available.

Two weeks ago the data is obviously low. And there is no data yet for last week.

May 2, 2020, 9:03 PM

What’s the number of people that have died from other illness that have been labeled with corona ? If the true numbers could ever be truly documented it would shock the world.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give us the real number then***

May 2, 2020, 9:07 PM

May 2, 2020, 9:10 PM

The hospitalizations aren't increasing week to week.

That's a cumulative total... of course it will go up.

Look at the Saturday to Saturday results and subtract.

We peaked from April 11-18 with 280 Hospitalizations.

This week is was 1110 - 944 = 166 which is a 40% DECREASE from the peak and lowest since the
first week of April.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2020, 10:00 PM

Not one GD thing Faucia has predicted has happened

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

May 2, 2020, 10:10 PM

If we stay holed up waiting for a vaccine we are screwed if the info I read is correct.Never been an effective vaccine for Coronavirus including the common cold.I think most people like myself who are at risk would rather take our chances with the guidelines.Sheltered at home until there is no country to go back to is not the answer.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can't stay holed up much longer. The economy must

May 3, 2020, 12:44 AM

and will get cranked back up sooner rather than later.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic