Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: JD's Brother commits to School
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: JD's Brother commits to School

Feb 19, 2011, 5:50 PM

JD's Brother commits to School

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you had this covered TNet

Feb 19, 2011, 5:55 PM

as the other day he said he would either commit or not when he was there this weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ugh***

Feb 19, 2011, 5:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope he runs over the coots like his brother.***

Feb 19, 2011, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: JD's Brother commits to School

Feb 19, 2011, 6:05 PM

WOW was hoping we had a shot at the kid. Guess he didn't want people comparing him to his brother at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like Clemson has a hard time producing legacys.

Feb 19, 2011, 6:06 PM

Seems that alumni athletes kids and other relatives alwasy pick some other school when it comes to football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping..

Feb 19, 2011, 6:20 PM

past Clemson athletes involved in the athletics program. Not saying that Mike Davis decision had anything to do with this, but over the past 20 years other than a few exceptions, you rarely see the athletic department making an attempt to reach out to former Clemson athletes to be apart of what is going on today.

Prime example is Brian Dawkins who has been a great NFL player and will probably one day be a Pro Football Hall of Famer. Brian Dawkins still professes his love for Clemson, but since he has left Clemson, the athletic department has done nothing to bring him back around the football program.

Bottom line we need to be like the USC Trojans and Miami and constantly keep all the former players involved in the athletic program.

Re: The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping..

Feb 19, 2011, 6:50 PM

I only want kids at Clemson that believe Clemson is the best fit for them. Not b/c their father/brother went to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this (and others) are just a case of

Feb 21, 2011, 4:59 PM

not wanting to play in someone's shadow. You better excel if you go where your superstar brother, father, whatever went because you'll always be compared to them. Why did Emory Smith come here instead of following Emmitt to Fla? Same reason.

Emory Smith was a fullback not a tailback***

Feb 21, 2011, 6:51 PM

I thought someone in the ath dept did nothing but this

Feb 19, 2011, 6:53 PM [ in reply to The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping.. ]

Bussey or maybe someone else by now. if you feel this is the case why not raise it with TDP. Maybe he would listen.

I'm pretty sure it is only me he ignores

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hahaha TDP listening to the fanbase, that would be a first***

Feb 21, 2011, 6:52 PM

Dawk is involved. Patrick Sapp is employed by the university

Feb 19, 2011, 6:57 PM [ in reply to The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping.. ]

and his wife went here. They come back all the time...

Re: The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping..

Feb 19, 2011, 9:15 PM [ in reply to The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping.. ]

Brian Dawkins worked the Clemson Jr camps this past spring. He is in Clemson quite a lot. Davis said he wanted to be his own man and not follow in his bothers foot steps.

dawkins has been back 2-3 times that I know about.

Feb 19, 2011, 10:22 PM [ in reply to The athletic department has done a terrible job in keeping.. ]

he played in flag football game before O/W and signed autographs. He took time with my son at another O/W game few yrs back. Great guy and great with kids

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isnt DeShawn Williams Ronalds son...also isnt there another

Feb 19, 2011, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Seems like Clemson has a hard time producing legacys. ]

kid in this class who's father played for the 81 team? We get our share.

Re: Isnt DeShawn Williams Ronalds son...also isnt there another

Feb 19, 2011, 6:54 PM

Shaq Anthony. Mike Wade come to mind.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Feb 19, 2011, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Seems like Clemson has a hard time producing legacys. ]

Dawkins was at Dabo's camp. And many players come back often. What do you want the past players to do?...get on their knees?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: JD's Brother commits to School

Feb 20, 2011, 11:12 AM

you guys don't have a lot of luck with legacies.

Good luck to him...

Feb 20, 2011, 2:14 PM

Probably wants to blaze his own trail and liked his chances to play early at UF.

It's flippin february 2011!***

Feb 21, 2011, 4:59 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I wouldn't want to come to play behind a guy like Bellamy**

Feb 21, 2011, 5:02 PM

nm

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic