Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm Not a Big Proponent of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,013

I'm Not a Big Proponent of

Aug 27, 2014, 4:35 PM

suspending a player for a game. Suspending Beasley and Crawford only helps the other team. It doesn't really teach them anything other than if they break the rules, they get a break.

I would rather have these players run stairs like the old days for(Insert your team) SHS coach Carr. Maybe make them serve the team in the slop line or wash the jock straps after every practice. Seems counter productive. Any other ideas on the punishment that Dabo could serve up besides suspension?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

read your posts over and over?

Aug 27, 2014, 4:36 PM

i mean, if we're just throwing out ideas and all

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I agree. If you break a rule you should be named

Aug 27, 2014, 4:37 PM

a permanent starter and captain so you have to be at everything. No breaks at all, not even during the coin toss.

Re: I agree. If you break a rule you should be named

Aug 27, 2014, 4:40 PM

Heck, that's what they do at Auburn ...

The Freedom From Jock Strap Washing Foundation

Aug 27, 2014, 4:38 PM

Would be up in arms!

Everything is so PC these days!

I can guarantee you ....

Aug 27, 2014, 4:40 PM

that it is absolutely KILLING Beasley and Crawford that they're not able to play Saturday. No amount of punishment is as bad as the feeling of letting down and disappointing your team and your coaches.

Frankly, the punishment could have been alot more severe and it nearly was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What is this proponent you speak of***

Aug 27, 2014, 4:43 PM

I thought our proponent this week was UGA?***

Aug 27, 2014, 4:48 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I'm Not a Big Proponent of

Aug 27, 2014, 5:13 PM

Scholarship cost, training cost are pretty expensive these days, and its paid for a player to play. And risking a loss for the entire team b/c a couple of players broke a rule seems very harsh. So I personally believe that the rule breakers should be punished in a way that it doesn't cost the athletic department a dime by the loss of the player, or the loss of an important piece of the team. Punish them on their own time, and at a cost where they are the only ones losing anything. Just like the team outing at the lake, hold them out of that fun day, plus other things if the rule breaking was bad enough. If we lose to UGA b/c they were out, the team, coaches, and the fans suffer from what they done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm Not a Big Proponent of

Aug 27, 2014, 5:22 PM

Every team I've ever been on made you run laps, push-ups, etc as their form of punishment. Even the Pershing Rifle drill team made us do that (plus a lot of other stuff).

Of course the ONLY time in my life being held out of a game was Little League. I missed a game so I wasn't allowed to start the next game. I still remember that 50+ years later. So maybe these guys might feel the same way I do 50+ years from now.

These guys want to play, can't believe you would think

Aug 27, 2014, 5:25 PM

otherwise. The 12-14 games these guys get to play is the reward for all of the hard work they put in all year.

In addition to that, knowing that you've hurt the team is often the worst kind of punishment.

Re: These guys want to play, can't believe you would think

Aug 27, 2014, 6:20 PM

Knowing that you hurt the team, ok, what did the team do to the rule breaker to deserve being hurt by the rule breaker. Your saying the team should be hurt to hurt the rule breaker. That's as wrong as two men leg humping each other. Wow, in other words, your brother should be shot also because you killed Joe Blow. It's the same set of rules that you are proposing. Because the clan is connected, the entire clan should pay right along with the guilty "one"!!! That way every other clan will remember,wow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These guys want to play, can't believe you would think

Aug 28, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to These guys want to play, can't believe you would think ]

Also agreed, knowing that you've hurt the team is a tough punishment to swallow. But why hurt the team for breaking a team rule. If all you have done is miss practice, curfew, or late for a meeting or disrespected the coach then i should think something beside a suspension would be more appropriate. Save suspension for something harsher (i.e. Misdemeanors, drinking and stuff college age kids occasionally do)
To your point that these guys want to play. Of course they do, just ask them they'll tell you so. But everyone at the top of their game enjoys a day off, more time with the girl friend, Xbox etc...

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic