Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More news, from the future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

More news, from the future

Dec 5, 2018, 12:27 PM

https://twitter.com/SenGillibrand/status/1070106980298186753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1070106980298186753&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fdemocrat-kirsten-gillibrand-tweets-out-the-future-of-america-at-least-for-her-and-dems.855710%2F

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

######. I hate having to look up liberal terms

Dec 5, 2018, 12:38 PM

I always wondered what it was like to live with such an outward perception of your worth, rather than an inward reflection. I know it's a worldview that makes personal responsibility a non-determining factor in your life success. Basically you can be an ####### and everyone hates you and you can convince yourself it's because of your race, gender, salary, education, where you like to lick it or stick it, or whatever... and never even have to bother with the effort to realize that you actually ARE an ####### and maybe people wouldn't hate you if you weren't an #######.

https://press.rebus.community/introwgss/chapter/intersectionality/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ######. I hate having to look up liberal terms

Dec 5, 2018, 12:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

That's what you got out of that?***

Dec 5, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to ######. I hate having to look up liberal terms ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought intersectionality was old-hat now

Dec 5, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to ######. I hate having to look up liberal terms ]

It's how we've ended up with a hierarchy of victimhood. It's an identity obsessed worldview.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Basically. We're living it I guess.

Dec 5, 2018, 1:16 PM

Future is here in that case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's weird, but most of the people

Dec 5, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to ######. I hate having to look up liberal terms ]

I know who think the way you do about self determination and self worth are white people who grew up in pretty good families whose parents had means.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't this just an identity-based dismissive attitude?

Dec 5, 2018, 1:56 PM

I also know many people who aren't white men from wealthy homes who think that way. I'm not sure whether that makes them more right than the wealthy white men you're talking about, or what.

Isn't Tiggity's dismissal of anyone who

Dec 5, 2018, 2:11 PM

uses terminology like that just an identity based dismissive attitude as well? Even Tony Robbins thinks there are people who need a hand getting out of ###### circumstances and his whole business is telling people with 5000 bucks and a week to spare that they should thank their ###### dad for giving them grit and determination.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not identity-based, but it is dismissive, sure

Dec 5, 2018, 2:19 PM

It also seems like he had a lot more to say than just, "well, somebody privileged/un-privileged said this, so I can dismiss it."

So?

Dec 5, 2018, 2:26 PM

I wrote a lot of words before deleting them to say what I said, and still, they were just as dismissive of a viewpoint.

Tiggity actually wrote out an argument

Dec 5, 2018, 2:37 PM

I don't think he considered the opposing argument very seriously, but that's far less dismissive than basing how seriously you take something on somebody's innate identities.

I don't know any successful people. And all the ones I know

Dec 5, 2018, 7:20 PM [ in reply to So? ]

wouldn't be where they are without a helping hand. And none would have ever gotten a helping hand blaming someone else.

When you blame white people, racism, misogyny, or whatever for your lack of "success", however you measure that, it makes people less likely to give you a helping hand to begin with. You think Dabo got to the place he is today because Tommy Bowden gave him a break and hired him to be a WR coach? Maybe it was TDP naming him head coach. Maybe it was Gene Stallings letting him become a walkon at Bama. So which helping hand was it that explains Dabo's success? Fact is, none of the above. Dabo would have been successful doing whatever he wanted to do. Had Tommy Bowden never called Dabo, I have no doubt he'd be a heck of a real estate salesman. And people want to help people like Dabo. And people like Dabo want to help and inspire other people. Teaching people that others are the reasons for their failure teaches nothing.

I’m curious...I assume you know some accomplished

Dec 5, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to It's weird, but most of the people ]

black people. Are they obsessed with how they are perceived or treated by people based on race? I mean, aside from people for whom that is their trade.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Obsessed? No. Aware? Yes.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:31 PM

but they never seem to dismiss the experience because they overcame it.

Your name should be a real word.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I’m curious...I assume you know some accomplished ]

Swarley---the feeling one gets between sobriety and drunkenness.

"Man, I just put down a couple bourbon drinks in a row. Feeling good and Swarley about right now."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good. Make it happen, Obed!

Dec 6, 2018, 10:49 AM

I’ll wait here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Funny how that works isn't it.

Dec 5, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to It's weird, but most of the people ]

FYI - That thinking crosses racial boundaries. Not nearly as much as it should though. And white people fall victim to it as well, if they can find a reason for blame. It's toxic thinking antithetical to fostering success in life (not just money btw), regardless of your race.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic