Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two Clemson defenders move into 1st-round draft projection
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,245

TNET: Two Clemson defenders move into 1st-round draft projection

Sep 14, 2018, 2:43 PM

Two Clemson defenders move into 1st-round draft projection

We’re still quite a while away from the 2019 NFL draft, but two Tiger defenders are impressing NFL scouts as projected first-round picks. Another Clemson defend Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Clemson defenders move into 1st-round draft projection

Sep 14, 2018, 3:05 PM

So, Matt Miller thinks that Dexter Lawrence is overrated, and not worthy of a first round NFL pick? And, the same for Christian Wilkins?

At the same time, he thinks Debo Samuel is top 20, and Jake Bentley will go in the first round as Tom Brady's successor?

He must live in Colorado, and is smoking something.

Sep 14, 2018, 3:18 PM

Maybe he is correct about Dexter? Maybe not. He said some NFL scouts feel the same. Sounds like he needs to return for another year. We wish.

Sep 15, 2018, 5:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Clemson defenders move into 1st-round draft projection ]

My assessment :
Dexter Lawrence , Christian Wilkins and Clelin Ferrell will all go before the 40th pick . Now , maybe one doesn't go 1st round ... but I have to think they all have a great chance to . When only 32 football players are chosen in the first round each draft having multiple players selected in that round is exceedingly difficult .
Throw in the fact that Trayvon Mullen , Mitch Hyatt and Tre Lamar as guys who could shoot up draft boards this season .. could be the best final draft un Clemson history in terms of the numbers taken overall . Joseph will be drafted , Huegel might get a look , Huggins will be a 2nd-4th rounder and with his elite speed and some improvements in pass coverage do not be surprised to see Tavien Feaster taken as a late rounder .
Those are off the top of my head . I'm thinking 6 to 8 Tigers are selected in the 2019 NFL draft .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Hey Matt, Charles Rogers and Joey Harrington say hi

Sep 14, 2018, 3:19 PM

Dumb ###. Nearly destroyed the Lions. What does this clown know about talent eval? Why is he still unemployed? Have those Fire Millen protests died down yet?

I think you're thinking of Matt Millen

Sep 14, 2018, 11:13 PM

This is Matt Miller of Bleacher Report. They're two completely different people.

Also, sadly Matt Millen, the guy you're thinking of, is currently in a battle for his life. He has a rare disease called amyloidosis. He needs a heart transplant and he has had to undergo chemotherapy once a week for the past year. He's still working as an analyst for the Big Ten Network though.

Sep 14, 2018, 3:47 PM

If these 'draft experts' were any good, they would be working for an NFL team. They provide click bait, fill airtime on talking head shows, and sell a few magazines.

Sep 14, 2018, 4:49 PM

The guys in the NFL get it wrong all the time as well.
Jemarcus Russel
Johhny Manzel
Jeff George
Ryan Leaf

Tom Brady late 6th round
Joe Montana late 3rd round
Warren Moon not drafted

Terrel Davis late 6th round

John Randle 1990 Hall of Fame DT not drafted at all

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller... This is "news"...? Please.***

Sep 14, 2018, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,245
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic