Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson-Syracuse deliver massive TV ratings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson-Syracuse deliver massive TV ratings

Sep 30, 2018, 11:25 AM

Clemson-Syracuse deliver massive TV ratings

The drama-filled 27-23 comeback win for Clemson over Syracuse captivated audiences throughout the sports world on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully, for diehard Cle Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link --- link

Sep 30, 2018, 11:29 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/newsflash-from-future---CLEMSON--x-Cuse-game-highest-24140046

null

Re: link --- link

Sep 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

That was all the haters praying for our demise. F them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why the Noon Slot is better than the 3:30 slot

Sep 30, 2018, 11:29 AM

National Coverage

Re: This is why the Noon Slot is better than the 3:30 slot

Sep 30, 2018, 11:41 AM

Noooo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, your opinion doesn't enter into it

Sep 30, 2018, 11:43 AM

It is a FACT that the Noon slot and the PRIME Time slot are NATIONWIDE coverage and the 3:30 slot is not,meaning more eyes on Clemson.

Re: Yes, your opinion doesn't enter into it

Sep 30, 2018, 12:39 PM

Dude. What are you even talking about? You're saying the 3:30 time slot doesn't have national coverage? But, Noon does? I'm just trying to peel back the madness a bit to understand your point of view.

What do you mean "point of view"?

Sep 30, 2018, 12:55 PM

These are facts:

The noon game on ABC is the only game that ABC shows across the entire country

The 3:30 games are regional telecasts - usually 5 or 6 different games shown only in the TV markets where the teams are located. When we play a conference game at 3:30 we are on televisions from portions of New York to portions of Florida. The rest of the southeast gets an SEC matchup.

The 8:00 PM game on ABC is the other national showcase game.

Did you think the OP was stating an opinion?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you mean "point of view"?

Sep 30, 2018, 1:03 PM

This is actually not completely true...in my area (Louisville), our game was not on ABC yesterday.

ABC is the local ACC Network/Raycom affiliate, so they showed a different ACC game in that time slot. Our game was moved to a different local channel.

I almost missed kickoff because of this as the dish guide still said our game would be on ABC even while a different game was showing.

Yes there is that dynamic

Sep 30, 2018, 1:10 PM

but the fact is, your ABC station chose not to show their own network feed for whatever reason. There was no other game available from ABC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you mean "point of view"?

Sep 30, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to What do you mean "point of view"? ]

Some 3:30 games are 100% ABC. Others are split with part of the country on ABC and the other part in ESPN2. Not aware of it being split between 5 or 6 different games. Maybe way back on the old days, but not today.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why the Noon Slot is better than the 3:30 slot ]

Unless you were watching with me in Beaufort where we had a dang thunderstorm and my dang satellite went out for most of the dang first half so I don't have any idea how TL played??!!!

Try PS Vue

Sep 30, 2018, 3:44 PM

I tried all the other streaming options, and this is the best. You'll never have reception problems due to weather, and you can watch it anywhere you want, not only at home.

Sep 30, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why the Noon Slot is better than the 3:30 slot ]

Get an over the air antenna and you can watch the network games in full HD when your satellite signal goes out. Very cheap and reliable solution. I'm still unimpressed with satellite service and the rainouts, no excuse for that.

noon games are awful. period.***

Sep 30, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to This is why the Noon Slot is better than the 3:30 slot ]

CLEMSON Football delivers some fantastic viewing & exciting games!

Sep 30, 2018, 11:32 AM

Proof is record-setting viewership year to year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A whole bunch of OSU, OK, ND, etc.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:36 AM

Fans tuning in hoping for an upset. Tough luck!

Re: A whole bunch of OSU, OK, ND, etc.

Sep 30, 2018, 12:50 PM

I'm sure that OSU and Okla don't want to see us in the same playoffs that they are in, ever again!!!

Re: TNET: Clemson-Syracuse deliver massive TV ratings

Sep 30, 2018, 12:11 PM

Raise my blood pressure? I told my old Clemson roommate that watching the game took 3 years off of my life.

Not buying noon is better for tv ratings. More likely

Sep 30, 2018, 12:18 PM

other playoff potential school fans tuning in looking for an upset especially with the spike in viewers at the end and a combo of big NY population viewers tuning in to see if an undefeated Syracuse team is for real this year.

Noon is the worst

Sep 30, 2018, 12:38 PM

You'll never see Clemson - FSU at Noon or Bama-AU at Noon. Anyone that says Noon is a premier time slot hasn't been paying attention the past 30 years.

I think you're confusing noon on ABC with noon on Raycom

Sep 30, 2018, 1:06 PM

Sports.

Until about six years ago, we never sniffed the noon slot on ABC. Noon or 12:30 meant ACC Network hell. Getting the 3:30 slot on any of the Disney channels was a huge upgrade.

Noon on ABC means national telecast. I don't care why the world tunes in, I like that they tune in. For whatever number of OSU or Oklahoma fans watching in hopes of seeing an upset there are even more high school stars and their families getting a clue about what a great place Clemson might be to go to school and play.

Anyone who can't understand that is just drunk or stupid.

Re: Noon is the worst

Sep 30, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Noon is the worst ]

The reason we will never see Alabama or any other team from the Central Time Zone on the noon slot is because it would mean an eleven AM kickoff. If we don't like a noon kickoff we would raise holy hello if our kickoff was at eleven AM.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 12:22 PM

I think that most of us know the real truth, the ratings peaked bc of, the Clemson haters believed they were going to see Clemson get beat by Syracuse two years in a row and they wanted to see it happen. From the way most were talking cold hard #### about Clemson when Trevor was knocked out of the game, the haters came out in Flocks cheering for a Clemson loss, and all those talking the #### and cheering knew that we would fall with Chase Brice behind center, and that young man has and showed more heart and guts than anyone cheering for us to lose has ever had. Chase Brice along with our Tiger team denied the haters what they flocked to their TV's to see and leaving even more than ever bitter taste in their mouths for Clemson and our winning ways. The haters are going to hate, and the guys that play for Clemson will do their best to keep that nasty taste in those haters mouths. Gooooo Tigers and a great win when all the chips were down and against us!!! I'm not a gambler, but I would be willing to bet that when XT put that awesome killer sack on Eric Dungey, those TV's went off so fast, that it was like lightening hitting the power transformers outside of their house!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Sep 30, 2018, 12:28 PM

Well I think this week was so high simply because of the quarterback situation but the reason we are so fun for other fans to watch is because we give them close games so often lol fans like to see upsets

Bottom line

Sep 30, 2018, 6:30 PM

When the Tigers are on tv, people are watching. This seems to be the trend. I like it. GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: Bottom line

Oct 1, 2018, 11:14 AM

With Dabo, the hill, the paw, the fans, the close, exciting games, TL, KB (let's not talk about him) Chase and the D-line.....there's a lot to talk about and watch. GooooooooTigers!!!!!!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic