Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State fan here... what are your thoughts on how the game will go?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

NC State fan here... what are your thoughts on how the game will go?

Oct 19, 2018, 9:49 PM

Driving down now, excited for a good game.

Message was edited by: HMort98

Message was edited by: HMort98

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be another good game and another Tiger win

Oct 19, 2018, 9:55 PM

I was in Raleigh for last years game. Y'all State fans really, really do want to win. I actually felt a bit sorry for the State fans at the end of last years game. Close again, but another Clemson win.

Tomorrow's game should be good. I think my Tigers have the better team. As long as we don't turn the ball over too many times it should be...close again, but another Clemson win.

CU you wolfies in Death Valley tomorrow afternoon!! BYOG

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..it might be a good game....

Oct 19, 2018, 9:56 PM

..but overall, I think Clemson wins by 10 points.

Re: NC State fan here... what are your thoughts on how the game will go?

Oct 19, 2018, 9:56 PM

My guess is that the game could go one of two ways. Either Clemson starts out strong right out of the gate and ends up winning by 21+, or we start slow like we have in a few games this year and it ends up being a 7 point game. I think it will be one of the two extremes as opposed to a 10-20 point game.

We always have the ability to win a game by 3 TD's against most opponents if we start fast and score on our first couple drives, but given the way the last several games have gone, the game could end up being similar to most of our games.

I don't think it will be of the 56-41 variety like 2015 with both teams having good defense, but I do think we'll score 31-35 and NC State scores 24-28.

My prediction is good guys win 34-27.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 10:00 PM

Clemson wins and wins big , you’re receivers are average at best , your defense hasn’t ever been tested . your running back is garbage . 38-17 Clemson win

Oct 20, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: NC State fan here... what are your thoughts on how the game will go? ]

Yeah your right. Last game we stunk it up the first 3 drives and only won by 60. We have to get a better start this week. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 9:57 PM

I personally think this game is a lot closer than others are saying. Very surprised by the point spread considering our history of close games. If we can play a smart, clean game, I feel like Finley and Co will hang with us into the 4th but our running game eventually wears down your defense. Clemson wins in a close one.

Oct 19, 2018, 9:59 PM

Oct 19, 2018, 9:59 PM

I don't believe State has the depth to hang with us for 3 quarters, much less 4. The first half may be a bit competitive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all the smack your players been talking...

Oct 19, 2018, 10:02 PM

I hope we cover the spread.

Also hoping our secondary steps up. That is possibly your only hope to keep it respectable - in a loss to us - if they can’t shut down Finley and your passing game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:10 PM

You will come 5-0 and leave 5-1, and we will be 7-0 and continue knocking off the acc teams, beat the coots, and end our regular season 12-0, win ACC championship and go into the playoffs 13-0!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you should wager the cost of your trip and ticket

Oct 19, 2018, 10:14 PM

On Clemson

Oct 19, 2018, 10:15 PM

34-20 Clemson.
Clemson:4 TD's 2 FG's
State: 2 TD's 2 FG's
Clemson starts to pull away mid 3 rd quarter.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:18 PM

I think the Tigers will make another grand entrance into the stadium prior to the coin toss. It doesn't matter who wins the toss because Dabo has a guy on a laptop analyzing plays and providing realtime feedback to counteract anything you do. If you start going too fast for the guy on the laptop to keep up, Dabo will give Dr. Spede the high sign and Tiger Band will play something really loud to disrupt your signals. If that doesn't work, Dabo will give the head official the high sign and you'll get called for a false start or something. Sorry to have to tell you, but it's hopeless for NC State tomorrow.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:30 PM

For Clemson, this season is like the 2016 one. Natty or bust. Top to bottom, this is the strongest team the Tigers have fielded. Couple the player quality with the intangibles and NC State is going to have their rear end handed to them. DD all but called Dabo a cheater last year. Our defensive front four players, led my Wilkins, is on a 15 game undefeated mission. We have had this game circled since last year. This is our "no doubt" game this season. I am more worried about playing the Noles next week in Tallahassee. Safe travels to Clemson. I hope the rain holds off. Homecoming in the Valley is a special time. I am going to have a blast watching the game. You will be leaving the stadium early to get ahead of the traffic.

Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason***

Oct 19, 2018, 11:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason***

Oct 19, 2018, 11:47 PM

Bigger question. Do you fall out of the top 10 after a 14 point loss to the mighty pack

Oct 19, 2018, 11:54 PM

lol...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2018, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason*** ]

The pack will be lucky to score 14 let alone “hold” us to 14points

Oct 20, 2018, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason*** ]

II really do not think your team will even score 14 points.

Oct 20, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason*** ]

I suspect Dabo will forfeit the rest of the games this season, tender his resignation and lock the doors of the new football complex for good if we lose to Nancy State. Truth be known, that would probably be the right thing to do after such a debacle. But alas, no more time for fairy tales. Tigers win today 34 - 13. Wolf puppies amass lots of yards thru the air offensively but Clemson's defense will stiffen and you'll sputter in the Red Zone. Tigers will dominate both lines of scrimmage. A pounding running attack will quickly deplete the wolfies' defensive adrenalin . Once again, Clemson will play lots of guys, making sure they develop the depth needed for a playoff run. And you're guys will have a long ride home (again). Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "mighty pack"

Oct 20, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason*** ]

I had to give you a Thumbs Up for your classy way of talking smack, as well as your creativity with that "mighty pack" phrase.

What exactly is a mighty pack? Is that like a fierce gaggle? A raging covey? A fearsome flock?

Oct 20, 2018, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason*** ]

Enjoy no longer being ranked after the A$S kicking that Clemson put on y'all today nasty wolf, oh what big dirty teeth you have, oops had, some Tigers crushed the head they were in!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Oct 20, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Hint: NCSU is our homecoming opponent for a reason*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 20, 2018, 12:03 AM

Clemson by 27. Actually, I think it will be a lot closer, but I made a 27 point spread bet with my father-in-law, who's a Gamecock just to make the game fun between us.

Oct 20, 2018, 5:42 AM

I think it will be close early and State may even jump out to a lead. But by the end of the first half Clemson will be in an apparent rhythm. The Tigers will be in control in the second half. The Tiger defense this year is not going to allow State to come back like in previous years and also special teams are playing better. There will be no 4th quarter nail-biting this year, just wolves crying.

Not well for the Wolfpack

Oct 20, 2018, 6:20 AM

NC State has a solid offense and good defense, however, Clemson has a defense that can wear down players in the trenches and stuff the run. Short passes will be successful but long scoring drives may not finish in the end zone for the Pack. Those points will not be enough to overcome a Clemson offense that will score on big chunk plays in the second half. It will be fun to watch the two quarterbacks but be aware of Kendrick running back kickoffs and of course Travis taking it to the house with vision and speed. Not enough weapons for NC State this year but keep the faith and welcome to Clemson.

I mean.. I suggest you bring a rainjacket and umbrella..

Oct 20, 2018, 6:30 AM

I really hope you did not forget how the game ended last year.. with your trash fanbase spitting and throwing bottles at our players, fans.. and the referees. Its nothing new from your garbage program/ fanbase though.

PS... enjoy finley.. you will return to the 7-6 that is

Oct 20, 2018, 6:31 AM

Dave Doeren shortly after finleys graduation.

I think it went pretty well...

Oct 20, 2018, 10:41 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad the wusspups didn't steal towels this year...

Oct 20, 2018, 10:50 PM

They could have used them to try and control the bleeding from that keister ripping, compliments of the Tigers. Oops... Clemson just scored again.......

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you will get your behinds handed to you in a major

Oct 20, 2018, 11:10 PM

way!! 41-7

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic