Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is going on at FGF?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 6,427

What is going on at FGF?

Mar 27, 2019, 9:34 AM

In the morning, after I read all the Clemson sites, I sometimes log onto FGF for a look at how the other side sees life in their peculiar backwards manner. In the past, there used to be the typical fraternity boys and mentally challenged U of SCAR graduates spelling Clemson in silly ways, the endless speculations regarding the New Spring Church conspiracies and of course, the ease of the "A she she" football competition as they joyously and copiously recounted. Now, I have noticed all that dribble is mysteriously gone. Vanished into this air. Where have the mental giants of FGF such as Manifold gone? Reading his (and others like him) analysis of Clemson football was like reading Pravda during the Cold War. What caused this exodus of U of SCAR intellectuals? What was the etiology of the "Brain drain" from FGF? Was it our 2nd National Championship in 3 years, our 5 peat or their loss to a "powerful" Virginia team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is going on at FGF?

Mar 27, 2019, 9:37 AM

I've noticed the same when I go over there for shiggles...no fun anymore. It's like they've given up. Which they probably should have done long, long ago. But, their misery was so entertaining.

Mar 27, 2019, 9:41 AM

Wait until August, they’ll be talking about hotel reservations for the national championship again.

Then by week 2.......::

Mar 27, 2019, 9:39 AM

Oh, they're still there, don't ever doubt that......they're keeping a low profile but like the flu, they come back each year. Coots gonna coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It’s a sad situation for them. We can’t even get a decent troll

Mar 27, 2019, 1:18 PM

to come over here so we can abuse them any more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: What is going on at FGF? ]

Pretty sad over there, but to my nature I couldn't take some of the stuff they were posting so I interjected my 2 cents worth and after 3 posts, I was booted.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having UVA stand on your neck and crush your larynx

Mar 27, 2019, 9:46 AM

takes time to recover from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 9:54 AM

Reality is setting in on many. Depression is their new reality, their sole hope is women's basketball and that is a year away! I asked one of the biggest Coot fan's I know what he was most looking forward to and he straight up said, The Prequel to Game of Throne's because he has practically given up on being competitive in sports!. I laughed with him!

Mar 27, 2019, 9:56 AM

Well, what do you expect? Lol.

We're 15-0 and we suffocated Alabama 44-16, and it could have very easily been 51-16. We shut them out entirely in the 2nd half.

They are, at best, a mediocre team.

Mar 27, 2019, 10:10 AM

I think reality has finally set in. Their football, basketball, and baseball programs are not good and appear to be heading for dumpster fires. Their new football savior, Hillinski, will cause problems because of 5 head and his daddy and he still has no offensive line. But, as stated above, they will be possible National Champs in August.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like locusts...give them

Mar 27, 2019, 10:23 AM

another 17 years and the screeching will begin a new. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: What is going on at FGF? ]

Wonder if Hillinski will transfer to California and back up McIllwain ..... or maybe take over for Nunez (wherever he went) .... two of the last three "saviors" of Coot football!

Mar 27, 2019, 10:54 AM

Its there molting season. Wait till summer, they'll crowing delusional as usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 11:11 AM

They all joined Tigernet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you almost had the word in your post

Mar 27, 2019, 11:28 AM

vanquished

I too have noticed a change there. Meaning one of two

Mar 27, 2019, 12:20 PM

things:

1) They changed their moderation to zap stupid Clemson posts (with their long history of allowing any and everything bad about Clemson to slide, I don't see this)

2) They are 100%, thoroughly, and totally defeated in all aspects, to the point they feel stupid even trying to perpetuate their usual crap. I personally think this is the reason for the improvement over there. On a side note, as the unhealthy obsession with Clemson fades away, it will bode well for their program overall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine a lot of stuff the FCC calls illegal

Mar 27, 2019, 12:35 PM

as usual.

Mar 27, 2019, 12:47 PM

We done broke em.

Hell, Cockytalk just shut up shop all together. lol

Re: My guess is

Mar 27, 2019, 1:15 PM

They are sitting on their eggs waiting for them to hatch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is

Mar 27, 2019, 3:24 PM

I think they took Alabama's loss to Clemson harder than their own loss to Virginia. That's a double whammy and no place for them to hang their coat. In addition to Alabama's loss, the Bulldog's loss to Texas left them with no "it just means more" bragging rights. Alabama had such an easy SEC schedule they were not prepared for the powerhouse from Pickens County. Maybe the ACC teams we played were a little bit tougher than those SEC teams Alabama played. Hasn't that been coot logic?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, I think you have hit the chicken on the head. When we

Mar 28, 2019, 7:19 PM

scissored away the Alabama coattails, they had nothing left to hold on to. Plus, they have to actually play Bama next year, and know that retribution for their fluke win over #1 Bama in 2010 is going to be swift and udderly turribel. They won't have the Old Ball Sac to bail them out again.

I will say, that win ranks right up there with Buster Douglas knocking out Iron Mike Tyson as one of the most head scratching decisions in sports history to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 3:30 PM

I noticed also that the fun is gone. I haven't even been there in weeks.

Alabama superiority was the one thing they still had and we took it from them. That has to hurt.

don't fret, it will ramp back up come july, with the pending

Mar 27, 2019, 3:37 PM

pre-season anticipation of chump taking them back to their past glory....you know, fifth place sec east.

Mar 27, 2019, 5:01 PM

If your brother Daryl was at UofSC and your other brother Daryl was at UofNC and your name was Daryl, who would you pull for??

Mar 28, 2019, 5:55 PM

Bob

Replies: 24
| visibility 6,427
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic