Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think where you'll see this Urb thing hurt Ohio State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,877

I think where you'll see this Urb thing hurt Ohio State

Aug 23, 2018, 10:26 AM

is in future recruiting. there are still a core group of kids that will want to go there regardless but among kids who really are open they will get fewer and fewer of them. We have already begun to make inroads here and it will escalate for Clemson and others. Urbs high moral tone was always a facade but now it has been completely exposed. Also it will come up over and over due to the suspension being mention each successive game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will likely dog him as long as he is there

Aug 23, 2018, 10:29 AM

What is the over/under on how long that will be? Certainly shorter than a month ago. I bet any current or future signed recruits will graduate (if they graduate) under a different HC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will likely dog him as long as he is there

Aug 23, 2018, 11:19 AM

The situation will hurt Ohio St. recruiting when caring parents and HS coaches remind prospective recruits how UM showed his total disregard for the underlying circumstance. Does Meyer have a responsibility to police his staff in their home life? That is somewhat up for debate on the face of it, but if his standards written on the wall actually mean something then it is quite clear to a recruit or parent where Meyer’s priorities are! Meyer failed on virtually all levels to recognize his actions and attitude reflect upon the institution he represents.

Go Tigers ??!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think where you'll see this Urb thing hurt Ohio State

Aug 23, 2018, 11:30 AM

well, could hurt them game 3....they do play #16 TCU game 3. How will they do without Meyer at that game? We'll see.

Aug 23, 2018, 11:45 AM

urban will be close by, with a burner cell phone, talking to someone on the staff, also on a burner, all game long.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 11:59 AM

burner phone free from old texts. nice to see he at least brushed up on his technology during this episode. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 11:48 AM

I would like to think it would hurt them in the long run but as for now it doesn’t seem to be effecting them. If you take a look at what most of their recruits/commitments have been posting, they seem unphased by it.

Aug 23, 2018, 12:21 PM

I do think there are a moral core of people out there who won't like it.

He lied. He got caught lying. It also appears he may have lied and covered up even during the course of the investigation...and the school seems to have bowed to fan pressure and caved in the face of it.

It's OSU's business, but it's going to be used to beat him over the head with on the recruiting trail, and particularly when you remember how out-of-control his locker room at UF got, it can (and will) be used by rival recruiters to paint the picture of an utterly ruthless, win-at-all-costs coach who can cold-bloodedly tell even the most barefaced of lies. Which appears to actually be true.

It isn't going to help him, not with the really good kids. And those guys are the core of your locker room.

It might not show up on a stat sheet, but you yank the moral core out of a recruiting class and what you wind up with is a collection of self-serving individuals.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,877
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic