Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
p and r summed up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 953

p and r summed up

Feb 21, 2018, 5:28 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of the discussion here is pretty good

Feb 21, 2018, 5:32 PM

There are just a couple of posters who seem to think the way to talk to people you disagree with is to assert something without argument, then insult the people who respond with differing opinions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what you just said

Feb 21, 2018, 5:39 PM

was complete crap and you look like a retarded toad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Like this?

Feb 21, 2018, 5:44 PM

well, lately that would be one year of high school***

Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

I think where the problems start in political discussions

Feb 21, 2018, 5:58 PM

is when someone starts assigning idiot status to the other side. My opinion is there are far less idiots out there than most people assume. I prefer to think of what most people call idiots as ignorant. There is a huge difference. Ignorance is simply a lack of education, not a lack of intellect. Ignorant people, as I see them, come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. You can be smart, and even freaking brilliant, and still be ignorant. We are all a sum of our experiences, and we have nothing to judge ourselves by other than what we see and have been exposed to and learned. That is why an education needs to be something that broadens your horizons. Honestly, I wish more people traveled the world. Go to Europe. Go to Russia. Go to India. Go to Japan and China. Go to Australia. Go to Morocco or Jordan or Turkey. Go to Tanzania or Liberia.

Collectively, America's ignorance is that we lack exposure to allow ourselves to feel grateful for what we have. Not in every country, but in most countries on this planet, if you spend a month there and came back to America you would be so amazed at what we have and enjoy you could not imagine how bickering about Russian probes is even possible.

This chart shows what I am talking about:

We take the most domestic trips of any country on Earth. But we are among the least to travel internationally. That closes Americans to a lot of the rest of the world. And most Americans lack the perspective of viewing our own national favorably because we have no personal experience on which to draw from other countries.

Anyway, that's all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, for most in America any sort of

Feb 21, 2018, 6:02 PM

international travel is difficult. In Europe, going to another country is like going to another state here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for proving my point.

Feb 21, 2018, 6:17 PM

In Europe, going to another country is like going to another country. The clothes are different. Language is different. Laws are different. People are different. Food is different. Wealth is different. Take the two most similar countries in Europe and traveling between them would be far more different than traveling to the most opposite states in the US.

I once traveled from Gibraltar to Morocco, which is a ferry ride across about 10 miles of water. We went from Spanish, to English, to Arabic in 2 hours. Also went from nude beaches, to no beaches, to women have to be completely covered...in 2 hours. Another thing Americans don't understand is the impact of Islam on Muslim nations and people. It is absolute and total. It is unlike anything we see in the US with Christianity. Imagine if all of the United States was Amish. That would get us close, but still not to the level of impact Islam has in Muslim nations. The impact of Islam on people's everyday life is 1,000 times greater than here in the US. The most devout Christians I know are not nearly as impacted by their religion as an average Muslim is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re both right.

Feb 21, 2018, 9:12 PM

Aero is right that it’s much easier, cheaper, and a lot shorter trip to go from say... Germany to Switzerland... or Austria... or France, or... They do all have different cultures etc., but one can experience those with a 2 - 4 hour train ride. It’s just easier to get those experiences in some parts of the world.

Yeah, it's easy to go from krautland to Austria to

Feb 22, 2018, 8:50 AM

Swissland to Nederland and the languages and culture are fairly similar. But, still within a relatively small area you have Frants and Spane and Pole land and Check land that are quite, quite different.

Austria and Germany are very similar.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:47 AM

As are parts of Switzerland. But the Netherlands is WAY different.

Re: Thanks for proving my point.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Thanks for proving my point. ]

Thank you for this as I was slammed over and over for saying that a Hijab is unnecessary in US culture and especially in an airport. The impact that religion has on any country is scary. Southern Baptist, Baptist, Pentecostal folks are scary to me, but nothing like a devout Muslim, they demand change and will no assimilate. At least Baptist will stand behind me at Kroger and I never know it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much truth to this...I’ve been lucky to have traveled

Feb 21, 2018, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I think where the problems start in political discussions ]

To 30+ other countries and most are envious of what we have.
Then there’s the French with their heads up the rears!

You're confusing material wealth with happiness.

Feb 21, 2018, 6:37 PM [ in reply to I think where the problems start in political discussions ]

There are oppressive countries where many of the citizens envy some of the liberties we have, but you're mistaken if you believe you're automatically happier than an African or South American villager simply because you have an iPad and HVAC and an Urgent Care 2 miles away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The US is the most anxious country in the world.

Feb 21, 2018, 9:06 PM

We’re definitely not the happiest.

And for the same reason Hollywood stars are always

Feb 22, 2018, 8:27 AM

miserable.

Wait a goshdarn minute now.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to The US is the most anxious country in the world. ]

I heard on the radio just the other day that some place in Floorida was the happiest place on earth.

THE HAPPIEST!

Better be voluptuous nekkid women running around

Feb 22, 2018, 9:49 AM

nude all day with unlimited #####, free booze, and every sports package free on TV.

I've lived my whole life by that mantra.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to You're confusing material wealth with happiness. ]

So NOW you're saying that's not true?

Thats it..I'm firing the butler staff today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think where the problems start in political discussions

Feb 22, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to I think where the problems start in political discussions ]

I have been to 18 countries on that list. But in the eyes of the P&R board, this Detroiter has no clue and lives in a city of ruins. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, 90% of some the posts are trolling

Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to I think where the problems start in political discussions ]

from teachers who are bored taking the extreme stance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 20
| visibility 953
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic