Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Football isn't a beauty pageant, but Swinney likes what he sees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Football isn't a beauty pageant, but Swinney likes what he sees

Aug 6, 2015, 9:16 AM

Football isn't a beauty pageant, but Swinney likes what he sees

If football games were won on looks alone, the Clemson Tigers would be crowned national champions. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says it takes more than good looks to win games, but he's pleased with what he's seen so far. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have passed the eye test for a while now

Aug 6, 2015, 9:24 AM

It's nice to see we are plugging in the next guy up now with no drop off! Starting to really become relevant again! We have the pieces to shock the world! I just hope all the boys stay healthy! If they do, lookout! It's great to see such depth everywhere. The kicking situation still scares me! A good kicker can win championships right along with a good defense! Can't wait to see some of the fab freshman this year! Going to be exciting! Sounds like Mack Alexander is taking it to another level! Could be the next Brian Dawkins or Donnel Woolford! I wish all the guys the best! I can't wait for kickoff! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Football isn't a beauty pageant, but Swinney likes what he sees

Aug 6, 2015, 9:34 AM

Every fan in Tiger Nation better get on our hands and knees and Pray that DW4 doesn't miss a play bc of injury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2015, 9:59 AM

What he said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen.

Aug 6, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Football isn't a beauty pageant, but Swinney likes what he sees ]

Yes, the OL and special teams are concerns, but DW4's health is what really matters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand his last statement

Aug 6, 2015, 11:07 AM

about "the problem with recruiting"?

I think what he is saying is

Aug 6, 2015, 11:14 AM

Trevion Thompson is the best out there, but people ask about Cain. The only reason they ask about Cain is because of recruiting.

Coaches don't recruit stars, they recruit players that fit. I'm sure they knew and know what Thompson brings. They couldn't care less what anyone else thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think what he is saying is

Aug 6, 2015, 1:02 PM

Thanks. I thought that was what he was saying, but it doesn't seem to fit with what I'm hearing about Cain in practice. Whatever. What matters is what they do on the field on game day.

Aug 6, 2015, 12:43 PM

It sucks we have to rely on one guy to stay healthy for us to have a good season. I guess we can blame Chad Kelly for that, but i honestly think he would of transferred after last season anyways knowing DW was going to be the starter. I wish we could of recruited another QB in the 2013 class, would of really helped us out last year and this upcoming season. Next year the QB situation will be fine, Watson, Isreal, Kelly, Schuessler and incoming freshman Zerrick Cooper will be here. I wish we could borrow one of Ohio state's QBs for 1 season lol.

Where can you buy that t-shirt Dabo is wearing?***

Aug 6, 2015, 6:07 PM

We all like what we see...

Aug 13, 2015, 9:35 PM

Focus, Film and Family, Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers., Fight Fight Fight!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic