Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson can get left out if UGA beats LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Clemson can get left out if UGA beats LSU...

Nov 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

An undefeated Baylor would also be a big problem.

Clemson is in better shape with the Penn St loss, but it is by no means a lock for the CFP.

Don't kid yourself, an undefeated Clemson getting left out is still possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Nov 1, 2023, 10:55 AM

you are clueless

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson can get left out if UGA beats LSU...

Nov 10, 2019, 11:01 AM

Oh, please. Give it up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 11:01 AM

No it’s not, undefeated we’re in. No questions

Nov 10, 2019, 12:04 PM

you, and many more, sure seem confident in your opinion of what others might do even when we have witnessed very curious acts by those same people. why? How?

perhaps there is an objective standard out there I am unaware of...and I would prefer you all are right. but I dont understand the foundation for your confidence

Nov 10, 2019, 1:01 PM

I believe some of us are permanent residents on the "worry wagon". There are several more weeks before the final committee selection and a lot can and will happen before then. I never saw the rumblings in previous years over the committee's first week's rankings as we have seen this year. Let us hope the committee members attempt to do an honest and unbiased evaluation of each team. The committee chairman's comments seem to indicate all tams were not judged on the same basis.

If Clemson remains undefeated and is the ACC champion but not included in the final four, we will gain support from all across the US and the bias of the committee will have been exposed for all to see.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 1:06 PM

Joe21 anything short of a triple OT win can't keep us out. We are in if we win out, "period"! Even the somewhat biased ESPN analyst and talk show host agree on that. The committee putting us #5 "BEFORE" anyone lost this weekend should be a clue. They like us just had to get some other teams out the way 1st. They are gone now and "it's all good" as long as we handle business and beat our remaining schedule "soundly"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson can get left out if UGA beats LSU... ]

you, and many more, sure seem confident in your opinion of what others might do even when we have witnessed very curious acts by those same people. why? How?

perhaps there is an objective standard out there I am unaware of...and I would prefer you all are right. but I dont understand the foundation for your confidence

Nov 10, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson can get left out if UGA beats LSU... ]

Nov 10, 2019, 11:02 AM

I guess there's one in every crowd. Embarassing.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:03 AM

No

Nov 10, 2019, 11:04 AM

I don't see us getting left out, but if the B1G implodes and Baylor drops one, I can see us having to fight off three SEC teams. UGA knocks off LSU and it's a three way tie of one loss teams.. The "Eye Test" talk will be deafening - it's definitely coming. Stock up on earplugs now.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:04 AM

please stop

I can understand & even sympathize with why your not on fgf

Nov 10, 2019, 11:09 AM

but do you really think you need to be here?

If you can’t beat App State at home, have fun in College Station.

We’ll see you Saturday, 30 November... without our mittens... gotta free up that second thumb, y’know?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:10 AM

If anything, this scenario is one of the few that guarantees AL gets left out of the playoff.

In this case, UGA and LSU would both make the Final Four, and AL would be left out. No way could the committee justify taking the Tide over the LSU team that beat them at home. The other two would be us and (most likely) OSU. I do think at this point, Ohio State still gets in with a loss if they win the Big 10.

No doubt, if certain scenarios evolve (like the one you

Nov 10, 2019, 11:11 AM

mentioned), cases will be made by some talking heads to keep Clemson out. The biases and ignorance run deep, but at the end of the day, I don't think Clemson is left out if we win out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt, if certain scenarios evolve (like the one you

Nov 10, 2019, 2:49 PM

UGA can win out and STILL will have lost to SC at home. This would cause UGA to NEVER jump and undefeated Clemson team. This fact exceeds common sense.

UGA is currently ranked ahead of two undefeated P5 teams.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:07 PM

So you're wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt, if certain scenarios evolve (like the one you

Nov 10, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: No doubt, if certain scenarios evolve (like the one you ]

Why are you bringing common sense into this discussion?

Trippin'... Get a grip.***

Nov 10, 2019, 11:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 11:18 AM

Two SEC schools can get in, but probably won't happen if Ohio State wins the Big 10( going undefeated), Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12, and Clemson goes undefeated and wins the ACCCG.
Just my take, but the two SEC schools would most likely be LSU and UGA if anything else happens.
Bama gets in only if Georgia loses to Auburn or LSU, but if LSU beats beat Georgia, Bama could get in if they don't lose to Auburn.
No 2 loss SEC team gets in over a one-loss Oklahoma, or perhaps Oregon.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:29 AM

You need to elaborate on what outrageous scenario that you have come up with. The scenario that I would be most concerned with should the craziest thing happen would require LSU to run the table. If an unbeaten Minnesota edges an unbeaten Ohio State in the B1G championship, AND Baylor run the table and become an unbeaten Big 12 champion, AND LSU run the table to be an SEC undefeated champion, I will be concerned for the final selection.

I didn't worry about UNC-Charlotte, and they were more likely to beat us than all of this happening. Why don't we worry about Wake Forest, UofSuC, and the Coastal winner? Those are the 3 things that really could keep us out.

I think what everyone is missing here is that the OP is

Nov 10, 2019, 11:44 AM

pointing out the inevitable bias and subjectivity involved in the CFP process. It has been pretty good to us so far, but at some point it may bite us. I agree that it's not likely to this year if we win out, but we have already seen just how bad they can get it wrong with the initial rankings this past week. The fact that it is totally subjective allows for the possibility that they could get it wrong in the final poll as well.

- H. L. Mencken

Nov 10, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson can get left out if UGA beats LSU... ]

Bareftn said:

You need to elaborate on what outrageous scenario that you have come up with. The scenario that I would be most concerned with should the craziest thing happen would require LSU to run the table. If an unbeaten Minnesota edges an unbeaten Ohio State in the B1G championship, AND Baylor run the table and become an unbeaten Big 12 champion, AND LSU run the table to be an SEC undefeated champion, I will be concerned for the final selection.

I didn't worry about UNC-Charlotte, and they were more likely to beat us than all of this happening. Why don't we worry about Wake Forest, UofSuC, and the Coastal winner? Those are the 3 things that really could keep us out.

IN that scenario you gave think about it like this: take what you think about the ACC out the equation. Clemson would be an undefeated conference(p5) champion.
Add in undefeated Big 12 ( Baylor )
Add in undefeated Big 10 (Minnesota or Ohio State)
Add in undefeated SEC (LSU)

There are four slots.

The so called eye test won't save any loser late in the season enough to compensate for a team w/o a loss. Before any craziness from this weekend happened it was already basically understood Clemson had the best chance to get in. That was only increased this weekend. And would still hold true if at the end of the year you only have 4 undefeated p5 teams - 1 from each conference! The Pac 12 has already been eliminated and would join the others with 1 loss assuming it's Oregon.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:37 PM

IF all of that was to happen, I would be concerned I would be concerned with the comparison to a 1 loss Ohio State. Their "resume" would be considerably better than ours, and they have the current perception of being the best, most complete teams. I still think that we would get the nod, but I would have some concern.

It seems to me that all of the "what if" scenarios involve the SEC. The arguments for a 1 loss Alabama over us would not even be considered by ESPN, and a 1 loss Georgia would require 2 one loss SEC teams going before us.

With the B1G, Minnesota does not have the media support to jump us with one loss, but would have a very good resume with 4 consecutive wins over Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio State. OSU on the other hand, does not have to jump us. They are already considered to be the best team. Would a close game against a Minnesota team that was on that hypothetical run drop them behind us.

That is one heck of a scenario, and I don't expect it to happen. I still think that we get in even then, but I would exhale a sigh of relief when they announced our name.

Uh...If Clemson beats UofSC and UGA lost to them...***

Nov 10, 2019, 11:38 AM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

posts like this show how little one knows about the game and process...go away

Please take your Meds***

Nov 10, 2019, 11:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 12:09 PM

Stop it

Nov 10, 2019, 12:10 PM

Well, that's a really dumb opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:13 PM

WE WIN OUT, WE ARE IN, PERIOD. REMEMBER "PAUL FINEDUMB" DOESN'T PICK THE FINAL FOUR!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but the people who had PSU 4th do.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:32 PM

That was wrong - bad wrong. They can get it very, very wrong.

- H. L. Mencken

It's why they vote over a 5-week span,

Nov 10, 2019, 12:41 PM

To overcome their internal brand of 'WTH did we just do'? By the last vote, they're pretty much on point...pretty...much.

Now...on T-Net...what happens for some seems seldom overcome. The reasons why are...never mind.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You, nor anyone else knows if they are "on point" or not.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:18 PM

It's still just opinion. Even if most people agree, it's meaningless. It's still totally subjective, 100% opinion. If they are wrong now, they could be wrong after 5 weeks. As a matter of fact we know beyond the shadow of a doubt, with 100% demonstrable certainty, that they are!

- H. L. Mencken

Lord stop with these dumb takes***

Nov 10, 2019, 12:42 PM

Nov 10, 2019, 12:43 PM

The only way Clemson is left will be if they drop a game before then. An undefeated Clemson team will not be left out. Dont kid yourself.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:44 PM

I thought it was Friday Funnies when I read this post. Good grief.

Do you even football?

Just sit back, pop the top on another one, and relax and watch the TIGERS do their THANG.

:)

Nov 10, 2019, 12:46 PM

No it's not.

Again, Bama got in in 2017 due to Ohio State with 2 losses winning the Big 10, "PERIOD".

You are a moron

Nov 10, 2019, 12:48 PM

Go back to cootville.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:04 PM

I don't understand you people. Last week all that was posted was how the CFP disrespected us. What has changed? Do you really think they respect us more after RUTS on hapless NC St? Where are the possible quality wins on our remaining schedule?

There is a legitimate chance OSU, LSU and Baylor win out. Resume wise each would have an argument as we could easily finish with 0 wins over ranked opponents. Then, the argument is Bama v Clemson. The committee already said they thought Bama was better than us and lost to #1 with Tua hobbled would certainly be part of the discussion.

To me, it is not beyond the realm of possibility. IMO, it would illegitimize the CFP and the championship altogether, but this was never really about a proper championship.

hahahahahahahahahahhahah

Nov 10, 2019, 1:18 PM

hahahahahahahahah

hahahahahah

hahahah

haha

Oklahoma will take care of Baylor

Nov 10, 2019, 1:20 PM

Auburn will get both Georgia and Alabama. One SEC rep. No league lobbies longer and harder for two spots.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:20 PM

Wrong UGA will not get in over undefeated Clemson with a loss to the clucker who lost to App st

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really necessary to come here and post stupidity such as this?

Nov 10, 2019, 2:43 PM

C’mon. Enjoy the best era of Clemson football. Why keep worrying about what if what if what if?? Clelebrate and be thankful for each victory. 25 in a row????? I never even dreamed this would be possible growing up.

You Can't Control It. Why Worry

Nov 10, 2019, 2:52 PM

Just like our team; we all on here would in the wild(never gonna happen scenario) we were to get left out as undefeated defending national champions and winners of 28 straight. If that were to happen - we all would want the coaches and players and support staff to carry on and handle the next game like they have done all season. We would want them to go out and beat the brakes off some team despite getting the snub. Well, as fans, we need to get out of this thought process that the sky is falling.

When "even Clemson hating" ESPN and CBS analyst indicate Clemson should be in - buddy you can rest easy - we are in. do I know they hate Clemson - no. Proof. no. But, I agree with the general feeling of those people 100%.

Enjoy the best era of Clemson football.

And also, look at what the committee has said, "undefeated and conference champions" weigh far more than anything else.
They didn't go - eye test and everything else. Last Year Notre Dame was undefeated and they had a strong rated schedule. Plus, there were other teams with some untimely losses.

Those teams untimely losses have and will hurt teams history shows. This season will be no exception!

BS***

Nov 10, 2019, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than

Nov 10, 2019, 4:52 PM

UGA beating LSU. Besides, UGA may not be able to shake a determined Auburn team in The Plains this weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the dumbest post of the year***

Nov 10, 2019, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Ok Paul

Nov 10, 2019, 4:57 PM

If you say

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic