Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did any of you really think?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Did any of you really think?

Sep 24, 2014, 8:30 PM

That Clemson was going to win the NC or even the ACC this year? I was very mad about the game Sat because we should have won. But coming into the season I never gave us a chance. What I have seen tho is the team may be better than I expected and could very well finish top ten. I will take a victory over the Coots and 10 or 11 wins any day. We got a D that is as advertised and the O will be lethal very soon. So I'm going to enjoy this season because I believe it could be a lot worse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why play the game?***

Sep 24, 2014, 8:32 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then why play the game?***

Sep 24, 2014, 8:36 PM

So we take them to OT with crab legs playing? Prolly not

when you're on the road at the #1 team in the country, who

Sep 24, 2014, 8:38 PM

has an 18 game winning streak... and you are in the redzone 7 times and come away with 17 points, there's some fundamental problems

i know by the way we played that our staff knew how good we were... and they really thought we were gonna shock people. hell, i believe now

look, there's not a bigger supporter of Chad on this board than me, but facts are facts, and he needs to find a way to score TDs in big games... especially in the redzone

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: when you're on the road at the #1 team in the country, who

Sep 24, 2014, 8:42 PM

Oh I know and I believe chad knows. He is defiantly got some changes to make with his whole scheme because it's getting figured out. He becomes real predictable is the biggest problem.

then get him an O-line that can make 3rd and 1

Sep 24, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to when you're on the road at the #1 team in the country, who ]

it ain't rocket science.

coaches coach; players play.

Got a lot of football left. Can't wait for the UNC game.

Sep 24, 2014, 8:40 PM

Hated the outcome Sat but proud of the players and coaches effort and really think we can have a great season if we can win out. GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got a lot of football left. Can't wait for the UNC game.

Sep 24, 2014, 8:44 PM

No we got to start winning the big regular season games 0-8 is a big problem. If we don't win the ACC in the next few years changes will be made.

Let's get through this year first. Hard to think about

Sep 24, 2014, 9:13 PM

2017 results yet and don't think they will be asking for any internet fans opinions on hiring/firing.

so are we to only root for ten win seasons now?

Sep 24, 2014, 8:40 PM

that seems to be the norm now days."who cares about conference titles or national titles ten wins is what we play for around here" i guess that should be our new slogan

nah... we're gonna be fine.. but i will say, and I know Dabo

Sep 24, 2014, 8:48 PM

won't, but I think we had this one circled since last year. I think we spent as much, or more, on FSU in camp as we did UGa...

Dabo's not gonna say that, and I don't blame him... but I think that makes it that much tougher.

there is no doubt in my mind that our staff and players came into this game KNOWING they were going to win, period.

That's what makes it tough.. play that well in that environment and have it slip away the way it did

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Did any of you really think?

Sep 24, 2014, 8:43 PM

Yes, I believe we'd be no worse than 2 and 1 if we had the mindset to throw caution to the wind and put Watson out at QB even just to start the 2nd half at Georgia and let him go at it. I would venture that he would have started at FSU and we would have won at least one of the two games. I'm not even going to get into the skill position depth chart either going into the Georgia game. It's all water under the bridge at this point.

Not many think we can win Atlantic Division with Swinney.

Sep 24, 2014, 8:52 PM

We were better than FSU for a while there. Then they changed coaches. I wish we had been the school that made the better hire.

well... i don't want to sound all "intellectual" and all...

Sep 24, 2014, 8:54 PM

but we have won it twice under him...

but i'm just spitballin here

Re: well... i don't want to sound all "intellectual" and all...

Sep 24, 2014, 9:10 PM

IMO we made the "better hire." I would rather have a Dabo than a Dumbo any day especially in light of the way he (Dumbo) is handling the Winston issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least Dabo would not be seen begging Winston to go

Sep 24, 2014, 9:18 PM

back in the dressing room and take off the uniform. Sad that they let a player run the team instead of the coach.

Re: Not many think we can win Atlantic Division with Swinney.

Sep 24, 2014, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Not many think we can win Atlantic Division with Swinney. ]

FSU made the hire to get someone who wins at all costs. Did you see how Jimbo let Jameis stay on the sideline and coach even though he was suspended? Under Dabo that thief would have been long gone by now.

FSU won a NC letting its players do whatever they want, but it'll catch up to them soon while Clemson surpassing their program by doing things the right way.

I think we're all on the same page.

Sep 24, 2014, 9:24 PM

I don't want FSU's coach or USuC's coach, but I don't think Dabo will ever have a winning record vs. either.

I also recognize that Dabo has a win against each coach.

Re: I think we're all on the same page.

Sep 24, 2014, 9:31 PM

Well it comes a time even if your winning 9- 10 games but can not beat the big boys. That a change must be made 0-8 in the games that matter most is not exceptable. I like Dabo and think that after this season we at least beat the coots. The talent Clemson has had over the last 20 yrs and only 1 championship is getting old.

Re: Did any of you really think?

Sep 24, 2014, 9:46 PM

I wondered if we had the talent to beat FSU ( even w/o Crablegs ) and we do. But I don't understand how the coaches and players at this level can be so incompetent and come away w/o the win! We hold FSU to 13 yards rushing and win the turnover battle--but, 6 screw-ups ( Stoudt, Lakip twice, Battle, Norton, and Davidson ) and coaching lapses cost us. As well as Venables had our "D" prepared, he goes brain dead late in the game and provides no help in case Mc A falls down. And Chad, bless his heart, just can't figure out how to make tough first downs ( or even how to teach taking a direct snap ). Maybe these folks are incapable of succeeding on the big stage. We should expect more of everyone, especially the overpaid hired help. You don't get these opportunities very often, and when you do, you've got seize the moment.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic