Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we have a good team... you guys have an elite team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,582

I think we have a good team... you guys have an elite team

Sep 30, 2017, 11:43 PM

It was a great game. I think we played tough. Unfortunately we didn't always play smart. Perhaps we'll see yall again in the ACCCG. Good luck the rest of the way. As always, I'll pop by from time to time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we have a good team... you guys have an elite team

Sep 30, 2017, 11:44 PM

Without the TOs it would have been closer. I just hope if we face again Kelly Bryant has improved his passing game

Oct 1, 2017, 12:08 AM

In other words, if our defense wasn't as good as it is then it would've been closer?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:14 AM

+1 Some people just don't get it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2017, 11:45 PM

It will be a good rematch. Thanks for the kind words and stopping by.

Sep 30, 2017, 11:46 PM

Good contest. VT's pass blocking is FAR AND AWAY better than that of Auburn, and as your WRs get better, it'll open up better run opportunities. If we meet again in ACCCG, I would expect both offenses to be much more polished than what we saw tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Agreed, I think a rematch in the ACCCG...

Sep 30, 2017, 11:52 PM

would probably look a lot like our game in Orlando last year. Clemson is still a clear step better than us, but we're trending upwards. Of course, if we can cut the mistakes, get some breaks, who knows.

That said, I actually think Miami is a little better than us. Plus we have to play in Miami. So while I'd love to play you guys again, we'll see if we can get there.

Re: Agreed, I think a rematch in the ACCCG...

Sep 30, 2017, 11:59 PM

Good thing about playing in Miami is their home stadium environment is not unlike a busy small-town barber shop. It's not even close to being a hostile environment. Everybody knows VT can rise to that challenge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Agreed, I think a rematch in the ACCCG...

Sep 30, 2017, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Agreed, I think a rematch in the ACCCG... ]

Don't rule out Ga Tech, tho' Miami lucks out and doesn't play us, unlike you and GT.

Good luck the rest of the way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Agreed, GT is pretty good too

Oct 1, 2017, 12:04 AM

In the preseason, I had them 2nd in the Coastal (behind Miami). But despite the fact that this game wasn't really ever in doubt, our team fought very hard and I'm encouraged with what I saw. Quit isn't in the vocabulary of this bunch and with Fuente at the helm, they will continue to get better. And while we play GT in Atlanta, we have actually played them better in Atlanta than we have in Blacksburg of late. In fact, the visitor has won the last four in the series.

that y'all do, a lot of teams would have given up..

Oct 1, 2017, 12:01 AM

with the way we kept your offense. Y'alls players fought back hard from it being a complete blow out.

Oct 1, 2017, 12:06 AM

defeating VT at Lane is an accomplishment for any team. you all are a very good team. I know you'd prefer a win, but VT already had my respect: nothing from tonight changed that.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,582
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic