Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think today's win over Duke, with a sold out crowd rockin'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,031

I think today's win over Duke, with a sold out crowd rockin'

Jan 11, 2014, 8:32 PM

the John, is evidence that Clemson is capable of having and supporting a successful, winning basketball program. I don't buy the line that "We've never been good in basketball, and we never will be. It's just not that important here and the support is just not there". I say that if we bring in good players and start winning, Clemson could and would support basketball, and we could have a great basketball program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree

Jan 11, 2014, 8:42 PM

Though it does make you crazy to see them lose to FSU on Thurs. and then dump the dookies today. I believe that this team is capable of more such wins and I can't wait to see the next one!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think today's win over Duke, with a sold out crowd rockin'

Jan 11, 2014, 8:44 PM

I agree but I think we can win with with what we have now if we get the effort of today's game, every game. Coach K said after the game that Clemson had great intensity today and would beat a lot of teams they played if they played like they played today every game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2014, 9:37 PM

I think that it is hard for a coach to keep players playing at a high level consistently at Clemson. When you have your men and women programs sharing and scheduling time for the very same practice facilities according to their game schedules has to be very hectic for them both. And until facilities are built for the men and women to have their own space. I feel that the up and down effect will continue to be business as usual for our BB programs. My personal opinion is that I hope that Brownell can hold onto it all until the new facilities are built. And he is given time to see how that works out for him in recruiting and coaching in his own space without sharing....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2014, 8:48 PM

Here Here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. If we put a competetive team on the court,

Jan 11, 2014, 9:46 PM

the support will be there. Anyone remember a few years ago when Littlejohn was voted one of the top two or three toughest places for opponents in the nation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've had very good teams many times, and maybe almost

Jan 11, 2014, 8:53 PM

a great team a few times. We've just never had an elite team yet.

Maybe one day. In spite of the Debbie Downers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell'um coot, just kidding. Lets get behind our team***

Jan 11, 2014, 8:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smiling Tiger - Sure "if we bring in good players and start

Jan 12, 2014, 5:01 PM

winning" fans will support. It's true everywhere and true at Clemson. Sometimes Clemson finds a "diamond in the rough" like Trevor Booker and hopefully McDaniels and maybe Blossomgame. But we both know it's tough without tradition and money.

The truth is most T-netters do not contribute to T-Net much less Clemson. Duke and UNC hoops are flush with alumni and booster cash and tradition. Consistent money ... that's the answer but the more difficult question is how do you find the "diamond in the rough" players or coach who can put Clemson on the map and then be willing to stay at Clemson?

Dominique was such a player at Georgia and Sampson at UVA but programs melted after their graduations. Clemson was a stepping stone for Barnes - do not blame him. Austin is tough to turn down. Where would Brownell end up if he won the ACC? I do not know, but it would be a big pay day outside of Clemson.

Again, a tough job. And it's up to the AD to bring in the right coach that can be the catalyst to make it happen. I hope Brownell's that guy for a few years. Then we start the cycle again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,031
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic