Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it against the rules to play without a catcher in CBB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,140

Is it against the rules to play without a catcher in CBB?

Jun 3, 2019, 12:31 PM

This would give us an extra man in the field and we would dominate defensively. If this is an option, ML should implement this strategy next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is a terrible idea, because playing catcher is

Jun 3, 2019, 12:35 PM

sort of my thing.

signed, Francis Marion®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Funny, because this post sounds just like something he'd say

Jun 3, 2019, 12:43 PM

A paradox for sure.

Re: I think this is a terrible idea, because playing catcher is

Jun 3, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to I think this is a terrible idea, because playing catcher is ]

The games would last FOREVER! And just think of the poor umps,

Wrong. I've played every position you can imagine.***

Jun 3, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to I think this is a terrible idea, because playing catcher is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Which one do you think is the hardest to play?***

Jun 3, 2019, 12:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Easy...

Jun 3, 2019, 12:50 PM

1B

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

groce

Jun 3, 2019, 2:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Wrong. I've played every position you can imagine.***

Jun 3, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Wrong. I've played every position you can imagine.*** ]

And ..., some that you can’t !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Hockey pulls the goalie all the time ... I think its fine. ***

Jun 3, 2019, 1:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it against the rules to play without a catcher in CBB?

Jun 3, 2019, 2:19 PM

So every time the pitcher pitches the ball, any runner on base can just go ahead and score? All pitches are considered wild pitches?

They have to get on base first

Jun 3, 2019, 2:26 PM

Maybe bring in a catcher if anybody reaches base, but otherwise play with 9 in the field. I think this could work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a player positioned right in front of home plate in a kneeling position

Jun 3, 2019, 3:07 PM

So he can recover the pitch. But with 9 fielder's, no one should ever reach base.

Re: Have a player positioned right in front of home plate in a kneeling position

Jun 3, 2019, 3:57 PM

That’s a good idea. Perhaps he could knock down possible home runs. Sure would make recruiting tough. Reminds me of being the the javelin catcher! I’m going to assume this was made in jest!!!

Re: They have to get on base first

Jun 3, 2019, 3:29 PM [ in reply to They have to get on base first ]

And anytime 1st is open the batter would be able to take 1st on a strikeout since they'd be no catcher to take the 3rd strike.

It would also allow the pitchers to drill the umpire. lol***

Jun 3, 2019, 3:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it against the rules to play without a catcher in CBB?

Jun 3, 2019, 5:27 PM

Good idea - and the ump should wear equipment like a backboard so the pitches would bounce back to the pitcher !! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic