Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: K.J. McDaniels sent down to D-League
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

BKB Update: K.J. McDaniels sent down to D-League

Dec 27, 2015, 10:04 AM

K.J. McDaniels sent down to D-League

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is such BS - him being traded there has stunk for him

Dec 27, 2015, 10:36 AM

zero opportunity and he keeps getting strung along. Why don't they just trade him or release him. He was on sportcenter every night when he was in philly but now he's a d-leaguer. He needs to play already - get rid of him already!

Re: this is such BS - him being traded there has stunk for him

Dec 27, 2015, 9:30 PM

KJ will have to make another strong move the way he did with his first contract. He maybe will have to retire, stay in Tip Top shape until his contract has been settled after he retires. He will hurt his career, and risk his health playing with a D-league for Houston as a injury replacement player. Sometimes you have to make very hard decisions to do what's best for self in the long run. They are keeping KJ attached to them just in case at a bargain basement price. He would have been much better off at Clemson his senior year. Thanks Mom for making that decision for him. I guess she was a NBA talent scout in another life. And now she is practicing to be an NBA agent in this one!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

umm KJ is getting paid 10 mil over 3yrs

Dec 27, 2015, 10:06 PM

By the Rockets. He absolutely paid the right thing coming out and the 1 yr. contract with philly was brilliant. Yes it would be great for him to be playing more but my guess is that one of the guys in front of him is probably gone after this year. I'm sure the d-league assignments are for his benefit to get him minutes where they can. The Rockets are deep.

Re: BKB Update: K.J. McDaniels sent down to D-League

Dec 27, 2015, 12:54 PM

Not a big NBA fan so somebody tell us what's happening here and do you believe staying another year at CU would have helped.(?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 2:00 PM

I doubt it would have helped any for him to stay, he made some smart moves betting on himself by forcing a one year contract. Why he isn't playing now is beyond me considering what he has done with limited playing time.

I think they have too many good players.

Dec 27, 2015, 2:42 PM

He fits their high paced game well.

What I don't get is why they traded for him anyway. To my knowledge they are paying him pretty well too. If somebody gets hurt he will be valuable depth. I almost wonder if they are trying to hide him in the D-league.

Dec 27, 2015, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: K.J. McDaniels sent down to D-League ]

Yes, absolutely, KJ had just had his best year as a Clemson Tiger, and he elected to go into the draft. I said then, and I say now, he should have stayed and got another good season under his belt!!! I feel the same way about a lot of our FB players that can help their draft stock by staying their senior year. One more season isn't that long to help assure yourself of making it in the league. And if they don't make it, at least they will have their degree from a top 25 college....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

K.J. has athleticism. His work ethic on shooting & defense

Jan 5, 2016, 9:53 PM

is what will make him an everyday player. He has time to develop with right coaching in summer workouts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic