Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the talkers at ESPiN will probably take...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,051

I think the talkers at ESPiN will probably take...

Dec 23, 2015, 9:42 AM

a closer look at Clemson's returning players when they work on their preseason top 25 next year. I doubt ever losing a coordinator will cause much concern and I don't think we'll hear much more about our QB being a delicate flower ready to wilt at first physical contact.

I know one of the factors in the BCS formula was a subjective multiplier for a coaching change and it appears that ESPiN's FPI has something similar. I'd imagine that keeping Dabo will henceforth be a positive toward our preseason ranking. It's most likely our recruiting class will be at or near the top ten again.

Believing all that makes me wonder if, after we go 15-0 this year, they will rank Bama ahead of us in the next preseason poll.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the talkers at ESPiN will probably take...

Dec 23, 2015, 10:00 AM

Heck we better go 15-0 if we want to be in the Top 10. I mean Notre Dame was better than us this year, so was UNCheat and Oklahoma, apparently. Don't forget that FSU would have beat us if they had their starting quarterback. And did I mention how great Ole Miss, LSU and Auburn are going to be? Plus Muschamp is building a winner in Columbia so they will be top 10 I am sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we go 15-0, then I could care less where they rank us.***

Dec 23, 2015, 11:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 10:07 AM

I hope they do rank Bama ahead of us in the polls. Maybe 9 other teams as well. Then next years team will come into the season with the same chip on their shoulders as this year and prove everyone wrong. I doubt they will, but if we have as many Juniors leave on defense as everyone is saying then ESPN will no doubt say that we won't be as good as this year because of the attrition on Defense. They don't realize we have the best DC in college football and when all them other teams are running up the score on their opponents we are playing next years starters. Game time experience made this year possible. Stats may be a important to the FSU's, Bama's, and Oklahoma's but Dabo would rather build experience to keep the streak going. Deshaun didn't play but just over half a game in 5 of the 13 games so far. Imagine had Dabo left him in the game until the 4th quarter of those games. He probably would have had over 4000 yards passing and 1300 yards rushing. Even in the games that he stayed in the game when the Wayne Train started moving, Deshaun quit running and passing. Go Tigers.

Dec 23, 2015, 11:51 AM

They'll rank bama # 1 no matter if they lose in the first round. They thought about it when they had one loss..
GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 23, 2015, 11:54 AM

No matter what happens this postseason, we will be ranked in the preseason Top 5

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,051
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic