Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coronavirus Nonsense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Coronavirus Nonsense

Mar 9, 2020, 6:49 PM

Just today reading that 85% of those with the virus get little or no symptoms and only .05-1% actually dies yet a majority of the new media is having an ######.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For most people yes. But if you’re in a nursing home and

Mar 21, 2023, 11:19 AM

You were one of the four out of 5 that got it and died, then odds aren’t so good for you. It should be covered. But I would say I think the media is negligent in the way they are covering.

By the way who is your favorite, Katy Perry or Post Malone?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For most people yes. But if you’re in a nursing home and

Mar 9, 2020, 6:57 PM

I don't know either one of those folks--LOL !

Mar 9, 2020, 7:44 PM [ in reply to For most people yes. But if you’re in a nursing home and ]

Come on, you could’ve picked better artist choices if you were going to assume he was young

Mar 9, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to For most people yes. But if you’re in a nursing home and ]

Sounds like nursing homes and China are death traps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Coronavirus Nonsense

Mar 9, 2020, 7:42 PM

I'd say that 32 yo healthy man in New Jersey doesn't think it's more hype. Fact is, there's no vaccine for it and it seems to be more contagious than the flu. It's serious and imo, we should be proactive and shelter in place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coronavirus Nonsense

Mar 9, 2020, 10:09 PM

Just today reading that 85% of those with the virus get little or no symptoms and only .05-1% actually dies yet a majority of the new media is having an ######.

Interesting that you didn't provide a link to such 'information'.

According to the CDC the morality rate is 3.4% and it spreads faster than the flu.

Every year thousands die of the flu. The coronavirus is additional deaths. It's not an either-or situation. This thing is doing a lot of damage. Italy closed it's borders and 60 million of it's people have to stay at home. Not to mention the market dropped 2000 points today.

This thing is serious. Ask the families of the people who've died how meaningless this is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the panic is more from how easy and unknowingly

Mar 23, 2023, 11:58 AM

it can spread. I do think though, the death rate is somewhat inflated due to not being sure exactly how many people have it and reported it/tested for it.

Regardless, it's something to be taken seriously. Even if you feel it won't affect you, I know enough of us are in closed quarters with others at work, church, sports, etc. with someone that might be more at risk.

And washing your hands should just be a common practice that a disease shouldn't have to prompt

Clemson

data from the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 worldwide tracking site

Mar 9, 2020, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus Nonsense ]

What’s really interesting is the mortality rate in China outside the Hubei province where it started.
China 80,754 cases, 3,136 deaths. 3.88%
Hubei alone: 67,760 cases, 3,024 deaths 4.46%
Elsewhere in China: 12,994 cases, 112 deaths. 0.86%

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic