Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Receivers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Receivers

Jan 23, 2014, 10:29 AM

How do y'all see the receiving core doing next year? I'm excited to see Peake and Williams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'll be more balanced this year

Jan 23, 2014, 10:33 AM

With the loss of Sammy it'll have to be. I expect the ball to be spread out much more evenly as all of them are good but I don't see one that is head and shoulders better then the others which is good and bad. Good as the added depth will give teams more trouble and they can't focus on one guy.
Bad because you need that one sure fire threat for the D to focus on so the other guys can have more time to shine.

I think someone will jump out of the pack

Jan 23, 2014, 10:40 AM

and rise above the rest. In a perfect world balanced would be awesome, but there will be those 1 or 2 receivers that rise above the rest. I think the tight end position will receive a lot more targets as well. I have no idea which running back will step up...I am excited to find out though.

Of the young guys I think Priester and Kitt will shine

Jan 23, 2014, 10:43 AM

I think they are more polished right now. Scott is the fastest of the WRs but is not as good in running routes. Thompson is a big body like Mike Williams with possibly more speed.

I don't think any of the freshmen receivers will light it up

Jan 23, 2014, 10:59 AM

None of them seem to have the Watkins speed and strength to contribute near that level right away. I would expect a more normal contribution from the freshmen. I would be surprised if any of them had 500 yards receiving. Scott, to me, is the most talented of the new guys and the most likely to surprise.

On the flip side, I think Mike Williams will be the go to guy with Peake and then Humphries and Hopper filling in the holes and a lot more throws to the tight ends than last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Priester was more prepared last year then Williams

Jan 23, 2014, 11:02 AM

according to a lot of people. He was the more complete WR coming out of HS and would have played a good bit if he didn't go to prep school. Also getting Kitt and Scott and Preister on campus already helps us a lot. All of them are good with Scott having the most upside. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 avoid a RS.

Re: I don't think any of the freshmen receivers will light it up

Jan 23, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I don't think any of the freshmen receivers will light it up ]

I agree with you on the returning guys. I hope Humphries steps up, (I've always liked him). I don't understand Hopper he didn't have a great season last year like I hoped he would.

Wide Receiver University!***

Jan 23, 2014, 10:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wide Receiver University! we are not just a team of wide

Jan 23, 2014, 11:24 AM

receivers. Only about 2/3 of the team is wide receivers.

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Receivers

Jan 23, 2014, 10:41 AM

Hopefully Peake recovers fully from his ACL injury as it looked like he was really starting to come into form right before it happened. If he continues to progress and comes back as fast as before we should be really deep at receiver. With him, Williams, Humphries, Hopper, and hopefully 1 or 2 of the new guys ready to play we should be fine. Balanced, w some height/posession receivers, and plenty of speed. Should also be pretty stacked at TE too w Leggett, Steckinger, McCoullough and Milan.. I think he is impactful as a freshman and avoids RS.

I think the TE's will make a huge impact***

Jan 23, 2014, 10:46 AM

Re: I think the TE's will make a huge impact***

Jan 23, 2014, 11:12 AM

I totally agree because we will need to throw over the middle more.

our power running game will be much better next year

Jan 23, 2014, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I think the TE's will make a huge impact*** ]

in large part because of the tight ends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our power running game will be much better next year

Jan 23, 2014, 11:14 AM

I agree I think they will help the o-line alot early in the season.

Quick And Balanced***

Jan 23, 2014, 10:54 AM

Agreed***

Jan 23, 2014, 10:57 AM

Re: Nuk set the standard.

Jan 23, 2014, 11:00 AM

Hopkins set a standard in how to work out, how to take care of himself, and how to be a student of the game. When it payed off in big bucks, Watkins was paying attention. Its a level of dedication to the "craft" as Watkins put it.

The receivers see how well it worked, and seem to be adopting the process across the board.

The receiving corps will be very, very, good.

with Peake and Humphires as seniors

Jan 23, 2014, 11:33 AM

we lose Humphries and maybe Peake

starters Williams, Peak, Humphres, Hopper, Green

subs all freshman

maybe one redshirt. they need experience.

Need to have experienced depth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic