Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think that some are looking at the Duke game incorrectly..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,205

I think that some are looking at the Duke game incorrectly..

Nov 18, 2018, 1:14 PM

It appeared to me that Coach Cutliff had designed a game plan that would work against the Tigers and his players were executing this plan perfectly. The Clemson coaches were trying to decide what changes to make and the defense did improve some after the first quarter. At halftime, Coach Swinney and his staff did a great job of correcting the issues that Duke had created. The Tigers had 17 yards rushing in the first half. The first play in the second half gained more rushing yards than the Tigers had the first 30 minutes. Obviously major blocking changes were made. Once the Tigers made these needed adjustments, the game changed 180 degrees. Duke never threatened again on offense and the Tigers were very sharp running and throwing. Good job Dabo.

I think the drop balls and poor throws were a result of the temperature and the. Night game. Rarely do the Tigers play their best at night late in the year. But, we’ve got four more games and they ALL will likely be after sundown! I don’t like if but who asked me?lol

Got home last night at 2:30 am. Football isn’t fun at that hour for us ancient supporters.

Go Tigers

btw. I predicted 38 - 7

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think you're spot on

Nov 18, 2018, 1:17 PM

but I think Dabo said it best about the drops. The players weren't using their heads in the catches (he said it better).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: think you're spot on

Nov 18, 2018, 1:22 PM

He is obviously right. The conditions however “played with the guys heads”. To make some of the catches that Renfro and others make takes tremendous concentration. Maybe this week they will practice on the outside practice fields for a few hours!

I don't disagree with any of that; in fact I think you are

Nov 18, 2018, 3:19 PM

100% correct. I thought we got out-coached in the first half, on both sides of the ball, and wound up with a lead strictly due to superior talent. Then, we made good adjustments at the half. Still, I think our entire team came out flat as a pancake, and a lack of focus led to most of our mistakes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't disagree with any of that; in fact I think you are

Nov 18, 2018, 3:25 PM

True

what ever it is,It better get fixed before we play Pitt***

Nov 18, 2018, 3:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,205
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic