Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday is us against the world
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Saturday is us against the world

Dec 1, 2015, 9:39 AM

The SEC wants us to lose. The PAC 12 wants us to lose. The media wants us to lose. Ohio State, Stanford, and North Carolina wants us to lose. Swofford wants us to lose. Half the state of South Carolina wants us to lose. Everyone wants us to lose so they can laugh and tell us they told us so. All I have to say about that is eff em and GO TIGERS!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday is us against the world

Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 AM

alwayshas been. other than CU fans we dont have anyone pulling for us. Being number one means everyone wants to beat you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not about whos pulling for us

Dec 1, 2015, 9:50 AM

Its about those actively pulling against us. Its never been at this level. Mainly bc most had no reason to care. Yes I know everyone guns for #1, but this is different. Its not them wanting to see #1 fall, they want Clemson to fail. They hate us for us, not bc of our ranking.

I think that may be a bit of hyerbole

Dec 1, 2015, 9:53 AM

Each of those groups you listed as wanting us to lose do so for reasons which would advance their cause.

The different conferences want us to lose because it would likely open up another playoff spot they would like to grab. That's not "hating us", it's precisely what we would be doing if the shoe was on the other foot. We'd be rooting for our own interests.

Really, the only group I can think of who would be rooting out of pure spite are the Gamecocks, and heck I'd be doing the EXACT same thing in their shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its not about whos pulling for us

Dec 1, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Its not about whos pulling for us ]

everyone doesnt get Clemson. I'm fine with that. Some of the twits you wouldnt want pulling for you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really... just three teams matter

Dec 1, 2015, 9:49 AM

The orange team needs to take care of the blue team. I just hope the striped team is unbiased and fair.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at "the media wants us to lose"...

Dec 1, 2015, 9:49 AM

First of all, what does that even mean? Second of all, no "they" don't. Maybe media members that graduated from UNC or something.

Yeah the media doesnt want us to lose...

Dec 1, 2015, 9:53 AM

I guess thats why they have been discussing ad nauseam the possibility of UNC beating us and UNCs playoff chances.

Because that is the only question in this game

Dec 1, 2015, 9:55 AM

They have to talk about stuff for 24 hours a day ad nauseum. The only question mark about this game is what happens if we lose, they can't spend much time talking about what happens if we win because that is a foregone conclusion. If we win, we are #1 and in the playoffs. Period.

So, couple that with the fact that UNC is playing surprisingly well right now and likely will be a tough game, and they have fodder for conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are actually picking UNC to beat us

Dec 1, 2015, 9:58 AM

Thats more than just discussing what ifs

Also doesn't mean "they" want Clemson to lose.***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:00 AM

You honestly think hacks like finebaum, mark may,

Dec 1, 2015, 10:03 AM

John Saunders, metro palmer, etc dont want and pull for us to lose? Lol ok

Maybe some of those individuals do, I have no idea.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:05 AM

That's way, way different from saying "the media" wants it.

A vast majority of serious members of the media are impartial about the sports they cover. They have to be to do their job well. Some of those you mentioned I wouldn't consider to be serious media people. Some are just personalities and performers.

My obvious target of media is the one that

Dec 1, 2015, 10:07 AM

Sets the national narrative. eSECPN.

Only setting the narrative because you are letting it.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:14 AM

I only watch games on ESPN, not the opinion shows. So they are not setting the narrative for me. I have no idea who any of the people on ESPN are picking, nor do I care.

*whom* they are picking***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:15 AM

yeah, the media wants chaos, as do most people

Dec 1, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Also doesn't mean "they" want Clemson to lose.*** ]

it's not anti-Clemson, it's anti-status quo. It's boring when the top 4 all win, no controversy, no reason to watch the shows if there is no havoc or controversy.

Substitute any other team in Clemson's spot and you get the same thing.

We all pull for the underdog when we don't have any personal skin in the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemsoning" says hi

Dec 1, 2015, 10:11 AM

Doesnt get more anti Clemson than that.

Do you think that is entirely crazy?

Dec 1, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to They are actually picking UNC to beat us ]

I mean, it's a 6 point spread. I think we win, but it won't be the world's biggest upset if we lose.

You've been around long enough to hear enough talking heads to know that they like to make the "safe" upset picks that look sane if they don't happen, but they can pat themselves on the back if they do. It's just talking heads filling time and trying to get attention.

They are acting like its a foregone conclusion

Dec 1, 2015, 10:12 AM

That UNC will win.

Interesting, I'm not hearing that at all

Dec 1, 2015, 10:15 AM

But we may well be listening to different folks at different times

I don't know what "they" have been discussing,

Dec 1, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Yeah the media doesnt want us to lose... ]

but if "they" are discussing what you say "they" are, that still doesn't mean "they" want Clemson to lose.

Come on now

Dec 1, 2015, 9:54 AM [ in reply to LOL at "the media wants us to lose"... ]

You know the "media" all met last night and agreed to the fact they want us to lose. Don't deny the truth!

"The media" are thousands and thousands of people

Dec 1, 2015, 10:04 AM

working TV, radio, newspapers, internet. How can "the media" want anything?

I'm sorry, I forgot the winky face

Dec 1, 2015, 10:09 AM

I thought my post was sufficiently sarcastic for you not to believe I really thought the "media" was getting together and deciding anything.

Yes, I knew your post was sarcastic.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:12 AM

Wasn't replying to disagree.

Cool

Dec 1, 2015, 10:16 AM

I often laugh when any large group is talked about like it is one common mind.

U forgot the Cooters ?

Dec 1, 2015, 9:57 AM

It's all they have left, hoping Clemson doesn't make the playoff.

Everyone always wants #1 to lose. Comes with the territory***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic