Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Concerning Kelly B
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Concerning Kelly B

Oct 30, 2018, 4:10 PM

Do you think he ... at this point , may himself now understand why the coaches were in favor of the change to Trevor Lawrence ?
I was once a fierce , proud competitor myself . If anyone beat me to the first pot of coffee at work I felt like such a failure ... so I can certainly empathize with KB .
I just have to wonder , has he come to terms with his decision and does he feel like what was done was justified by reviewing what has gone on since he made up his mind to go ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think that, if he hasn't already, he will eventually come

Oct 30, 2018, 4:12 PM

to regret the way he handled the situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Hard to say but you have to think he at least can see why

Oct 30, 2018, 4:14 PM

the decision was made.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve thought about this and think he may have made his

Oct 30, 2018, 4:15 PM

decision to give him more time to get ready and improve. If he keeps working, he’ll be better in Spring 2020 than in Spring 2019.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why is this still being discussed?***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why is this still being discussed?***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:22 PM

I agree with you; why is this even being discussed?

Oct 30, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to why is this still being discussed?*** ]

Cause I wanna .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 30, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to why is this still being discussed?*** ]

Because it is an interesting topic and fun to watch all the folks click on the thread, read the thread, just to comment that that don't care about the KB topic. It's like moths to a light every single time.

Like it or not, having a former Clemson QB who was 16-2, the most outstanding player of the ACC championship game and who is now essentially a free agent is an interesting situation worthy of discussion.

And it will continue to be.

two things

Oct 30, 2018, 6:49 PM [ in reply to why is this still being discussed?*** ]

1 - because we actually still care about KB, even though he left the team. We supported him and, at the end of the day, we still want him to succeed. We're sorry about the way things ended -- understanding all the while that it was all his doing, his choices. But despite that, we hope he's okay. We want him to understand that it was the best decision for the team, that he wasn't forgotten, or disrespected or misused. We hope he understands and that maybe at some point in the future he could even come back and be a part of our community again. maybe.

2 - That's Joe's icon.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Lol, who supported him, not the TNET nation

Oct 30, 2018, 7:21 PM

TNET fried him like a cheap slice of bologna.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: two things

Oct 30, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to two things ]

I try to extend grace to K.B. because he was a Tiger. Let's be honest here. If Jake B. At USUC had done the exact same thing instead of Kelly B. At Clemson doing it; most on here would be saying he was greedy, spoiled, disloyal, abandoned his team, etc. You know it's true.

Why did you see the title of the thread and decide to read on...

Oct 30, 2018, 7:27 PM [ in reply to why is this still being discussed?*** ]

and also comment on it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he can't see why the change was made...

Oct 30, 2018, 4:23 PM

it's because he has an overly-inflated opinion of his capabilities or he simply isn't looking.

A one-eyed blind man can see it.

TL makes throws that KB simply can't make on a consistent basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If he can't see why the change was made...

Oct 30, 2018, 4:30 PM

honestly, he makes throws very few other QBs in college football can make.

Oct 30, 2018, 4:41 PM

That's putting it mildly . He's making throws a few at the next level can't make .

DB23

Oct 30, 2018, 5:56 PM

Clark Kent would be proud.

He knew the whole time

Oct 30, 2018, 4:29 PM

how much better Trevor is.

He just didn’t want to admit it and didn’t know how to handle it.

My opinion anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to agree...

Oct 30, 2018, 4:46 PM

I think he knew that, barring injury, he had virtually no chance of winning-back the starting job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I tend to agree...

Oct 30, 2018, 5:03 PM

Of course he did, but when he has chased his dreams since probably jr high school, it is awful hard to admit that you are just not good enough. Transferring is his only shot at still making it. I doubt he will, but I for 1 hope he does. It is not like KB2 was an a-hole that was always a discipline problem, or was unwilling to put in the work. He just does not have as much natural talent.

Re: I tend to agree...

Oct 30, 2018, 5:20 PM

I agree . Sure wish he would've stuck around because I think we are special right now ... and I think KB would love to be part of another run to the top .

DB23

Re: He knew the whole time

Oct 30, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to He knew the whole time ]

As I understand it, this was a one game decision to start TL. Bryant had the option to fight for his job, and more importantly, leadership of the team. He chose to selfishly quit. There is no way to candy coat this event! He is gone and will not return. There is NO way the Tigers would be scoring at the rate they are now and winning with authority as they are. I like the way Chase Brice has handled this better!

Re: He knew the whole time

Oct 30, 2018, 5:15 PM

Yes. Chase Brice is a team first guy , oh and by the way when he comes in the team produces and continues to move the ball . He isn't what is left over , he is a kid that we would win ballgames with ( Hello , Syracuse ? ) if our starter wasn't able to play for some reason.

DB23

I didn't really believe that when Dabo said we had 3 QB's

Oct 30, 2018, 5:22 PM

Re: Concerning Kelly B

Oct 30, 2018, 4:56 PM

Come on people....They drum into these kids every day to believe in their own abilities and keep a competitive edge. So what if Kelly made the comment about a slap in the face while he was hurting after putting so much effort into the job. Kelly was swimming upstream to try and compete with TLaw. What TLaw, Tua, and DW4 have is something no coach can teach. That kind of talent, you are born with. Kelly Bryant is still a great person that played when he could hardly even walk at times last year. He will move on, and so should we.

I think you can tell from that interview

Oct 30, 2018, 5:15 PM

New quarterback, who dis?

Oct 30, 2018, 5:57 PM

Nm

Re: Concerning Kelly B

Oct 30, 2018, 7:19 PM

Why even discuss him?