Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rakim Jarrett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Rakim Jarrett

Mar 20, 2019, 10:50 PM

This came across my TL last night around 10:35pm. Then was taken down just a couple minutes later, after a couple people liked and retweeted it. Just reporting information, not making claims or trying to start any rumors. These are facts and this happened.

See attachment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rakim Jarrett

Mar 20, 2019, 11:27 PM

Would love to have him, but he ain’t coming here unless he visits

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he visited and no one knows

Mar 21, 2019, 5:50 AM

Didn’t we just sneak a 5 star DT from Mississippi on campus a few weeks ago and no one knew for weeks.

Re: Maybe he visited and no one knows

Mar 21, 2019, 7:56 AM

Very true. Would love to see him at least give us a shot and visit campus before he commits

Mar 21, 2019, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Maybe he visited and no one knows ]

Are you talking about McKinnley Jackson? If so I didn’t know he came and visited clemson. I have read some things on him and would love to have him but didn’t think we were even really in the race for him, that be awesome if we are in the race. Kid looks like s monster on the Dline he would be a huuuge surprise get. Go Tigers!!

Mar 21, 2019, 1:57 PM

He was here. And yes they kept it under wraps for a good while. Dabo & Co. continuing to play 4-D interdimensional chess while everyone else still playing checkers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ever played 3-D chess...?***

Mar 23, 2019, 7:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

247 says he unofficially visited on Jan.26th

Mar 21, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Rakim Jarrett ]

https://247sports.com/Player/Rakim-Jarrett-46039172/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He didn't make it that weekend

Mar 21, 2019, 9:23 AM

Spring Game,if at all.

Mar 21, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Rakim Jarrett ]

ETN says he never visited???

Mar 21, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Rakim Jarrett ]

He's on another recruiting trip and We STILL didn't make the list. He's visiting some schools for the 3rd time but he hasn't even made it to Clemson Once. Plus he's already in the workings for his commitment video. He'll probably eventually come but unless we we completely Blow his mind. I don't think we've got a shot.

His recruiting trip Starts Friday with SC, then a couple days at Ga, then Bama, AU, LSU, MSU, Vandy, then Tn.

Mar 22, 2019, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Rakim Jarrett ]

He's coming to Columbia to see Big boy Muschamp today .haha.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hacked or shopped?***

Mar 21, 2019, 6:38 AM

Re: Hacked or shopped?***

Mar 21, 2019, 6:44 AM

It was a screenshot from my phone— if I knew how to do this sort of thing in photoshop, I would have capitalized “#allin”.

Like an old detective show: Just the facts, ma’am.

Message was edited by: DuhJuh®

changed “for” to “from” due to mistype autocorrect on my phone.

Jarrett needs to

Mar 21, 2019, 7:23 AM

Stay off Twitter...or all social media. He's doing himself no favors whatsoever.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jarrett needs to

Mar 21, 2019, 7:30 AM

I obviously want what’s best for Clemson and what’s best for this young man, but this has the feels of us being “the other school” for him. Like he’s trying to throw experts off his trail and increase the desire from his number 1 school.

Of course I hope I’m wrong. Would love to have his talent here.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:45 AM

Maybe that’s why Fleming posted a tweet saying they were going to play together. That be awesome if we were to land Jarrett and Fleming. I truly though we had fallen out of the pack with Jarrett but never know what the coaches have been doing behind closed doors. We will just have to wait and see Go Tigers!!!

I think that IF they play together it will be at OSU

Mar 21, 2019, 11:48 AM

I don't think Jarrett is coming to Clemson. I had last heard UGA and OSU were the leaders. Fleming is going to be hard to pull out of Penn St's backyard.

Maybe they both prove me wrong. These are the ones that I have no issues with being wrong about.

Re: I think that IF they play together it will be at OSU

Mar 21, 2019, 1:15 PM

The thing that excites me about them is they don't play the 9 man. I really would love to bring in some equally elite Talent to the 2 and 5 man positions. Julian Fleming would honestly easily eclipse Hunter renfrow in 2 years. Same For Rak at the 2 man

Mar 21, 2019, 2:12 PM

He would easily eclipse Hunter Renfrow? Hunter is one of the best wr in Clemson history and this kid no matter his recruiting ranking hasn't caught a ball yet.

Mar 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

The offer list shows 14 WRs already on the Ohio State roster. If both go there that would mean almost one-fifth of their 85 are WRs. That seems like an overload for that position.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I think that IF they play together it will be at OSU ]

Hunter Renfrow While loved for his character. Hands and Plays made in the National Championship games. Isn't in the top 10 best receivers to come to Clemson. His best career stats for yards were 600. He had 15 touchdowns for his whole career (He only had 1 his senior year). Tee had 1100 yards and 12 touchdowns just last year. I love renfrows story, but its a lot of players who could replace his production and then some.

Mar 21, 2019, 6:22 PM

I disagree completely. Not everything comes down to black and white stats. How many clutch or difficult catches did he make to keep drives alive that then led to a TD by another WR or RB? Running a perfect 5 yard route and spitting defenders to convert a 3rd down is every bit as important and difficult as a 35 yard TD reception.

Mar 21, 2019, 6:32 PM

Bingo!

Mar 21, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I think that IF they play together it will be at OSU ]

I agree they are both important. I am simply saying that there are plenty of players who can do that. We love Renfrow because he was a Walk on. If Renfrow was the #1 receiver in the nation coming out of high school We would say that although he came up clutch in some big time situations he never panned out to what we wanted him to be. You gotta take that into perspective.

Mar 21, 2019, 6:53 PM

You’ll find it hard here to argue actual football versus someone’s love for a player/coach/team.

The best stat that I can contribute to the conversation is that Hunter Renfrow has had one actual drop that he failed to catch. He received a few out-of-bounds but he only ever not-caught a catchable (liberal use of the word) once in his career.

Mar 21, 2019, 9:30 PM

Ill never argue against his hands. He was as sure handed as they come without question. That doesn't make me believe that Julian Fleming wouldn't be the better player at the 5 man position. Just my football opinion.

Mar 21, 2019, 9:38 PM

No worries! I hear ya and respect you for putting your football opinion out there on TNet (like I said, usually not a safe place for it-- typically earns you a lower Tiger Pulse *gasp*) and am inclined to agree.

Although, I have not seen Fleming's tape nor seen how he runs outs, ins, digs, curls, pigtails, etc. etc. If he is better than Renfrow in his route running and as reliable in his catching, then Lord have mercy please let him be a tiger!

Mar 21, 2019, 9:45 PM

Yeah the Game of Football just looks easy to him. He's not a justyn ross freak of nature unimaginable ceiling type of player. He just seems like a very sure thing kind of player. High floor decent ceiling.

Mar 22, 2019, 6:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I think that IF they play together it will be at OSU ]

If plenty of players can do what Renfrow did why didn’t they? I’d argue that we’ve had more Tee Higgins, Justin Rosses, Mike Williams, Nuk Hopkins, Sammy Watkins than we’ve had Renfrows, so which one is less common?

I don’t really care about the storyline stuff about walking-on, I care that in a tough spot and a critical play needed Renfrow came up big more than any other player I can remember other than maybe Deshaun Watson. With 3rd and 8, and 2 minutes to go in a national championship game, I’d rather have him on the field than any other great WR we’ve had.

Mar 22, 2019, 10:27 AM

You're crazy if you don't want Nuk Hopkins on the field in a must have situation. To me it seems like renfrow almost invented the 5 man for this offense. I can't think of who played the position before him? because Artavis Scott and ray ray mccloud both played the 2 man. Was it charone Peake? anyways...Our 9 man boundary receivers are the ones that Won most of those games. Even if they didn't make THE play.

Mar 22, 2019, 6:06 AM [ in reply to I think that IF they play together it will be at OSU ]

A DJ commitment at the spring game carries a lot of weight with these guys, if it happens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rakim Jarrett***

Mar 21, 2019, 4:22 PM

Mar 21, 2019, 4:27 PM

Ran across these the other day. Who knows

Mar 21, 2019, 4:49 PM

Any truth to them calling him “short”? Or is that hearsay?

Probably no way of knowing for sure. Also no way of knowing if he is mature enough to accept an apology if that was the case or hold a grudge?

¯\_(?)_/¯

Mar 21, 2019, 5:27 PM

I have no idea, but that's what was on a Tennessee board.

Mar 21, 2019, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Rakim Jarrett*** ]

I seriously doubt that. We’ve had plenty of short WRs that were great. That sounds like fans of other teams that assume since we keep getting big WRs that we don’t recruit smaller WRs.

Mar 21, 2019, 6:55 PM

That was more toward my line of thinking as well. With our current crop, can any of you imagine ANY of these coaches saying “ehhhh, sorry kid. You’re too short.”

Chile, please.

Mar 23, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Rakim Jarrett*** ]

I can't imagine Dabo or any member of his staff telling a recruit he is too short or not fit to be a Tiger. If the comment were true, why would he be offered? Dabo doesn't throw an offer to every warm body like some schools do.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will have to be #Allin to be considered by Dabo

Mar 23, 2019, 8:16 AM

I trust Dabo to get the best talented people, not just football players.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: He will have to be #Allin to be considered by Dabo

Mar 23, 2019, 8:24 AM

Totally agree. Actions will speak louder than tweets, so we shall see if anything becomes of this.

Unpopular Opinion: I don't fault the kid for not choosing Clemson, nor think less of him. If he changes his mind, I'd welcome him with open arms too. Forgiveness, mercy, and second (third/fourth/one-hundredth) chances should always be given out as much as needed (Matt 18:22). So if he visits SCar, but later commits to Clemson, I will happily forgive him for his trespasses haha

He is a baller and with DJ sky is limit...

Mar 23, 2019, 11:12 AM

He reminds me of Peter Warrick in his film.

Deadly on underneath Renfrow Routes and can KR PR and house it on any play.

There is zero % chance we mishandled this.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic