Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just got a big promotion this morning...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

I just got a big promotion this morning...

May 21, 2019, 8:27 AM

Apparently I was very productive at work yesterday afternoon and it didn't go unnoticed by by boss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I've got a suscpicion...

May 21, 2019, 8:40 AM

This promotion will be temporary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I hope not...

May 21, 2019, 2:13 PM

I just ordered a pool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I hope not...

May 21, 2019, 9:17 PM

Same here, the delivery driver was shocked to learn that he also had to assemble it for me because I got it from Amazon.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i ordered 1 of those blueworld pools,need to be a landowner

May 21, 2019, 9:52 PM

seems a grave site doesn't count

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 8:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Francis, I can see why...

May 21, 2019, 8:46 AM

what with 59,000+ freaking points!

Geez Man, get a Life Bulb!!

Meant BUB.

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Francis, I can see why...

May 21, 2019, 11:38 AM

He should probably wash his nose!

You have a boss? Thought for sure, you would be the boss!!***

May 21, 2019, 8:50 AM

Shooot, I was thinking she didn't work at all.***

May 21, 2019, 10:35 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What that a "Franciscan Slip?"

May 21, 2019, 8:50 AM

"By By Boss?"

Lead Fry Cook to Lead Burger Cook?***

May 21, 2019, 8:54 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

I spent all afternoon screaming at the phone company

May 21, 2019, 8:55 AM

Refreshing tnet because I was certain my mobile data was broken.

There's no way Tnet just dissapeared off the face of the earth right?

Well, good news. Looks like they got it fixed this morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you got the customers' burger orders right?***

May 21, 2019, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I just got a big promotion this morning...

May 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

A bet a bunch of other Tnet posters loost it at work yesterday and were sent home. Good willpower on your part.

pffft, productivity...

May 21, 2019, 9:22 AM

My boss gave me a promotion because I am incredibly good looking.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believed everything you've ever posted here

May 21, 2019, 10:43 AM

until that one :)

May 21, 2019, 9:28 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure that question apples to a lot of people posting

May 21, 2019, 10:44 AM

here :)

So, you got moved up to Assistant Crack Hor?

May 21, 2019, 9:59 AM

That's great Francis! We told you that knee pads were a smart investment.

Yet another American success story.

What do you do for a living Francis

May 21, 2019, 10:16 AM

?

Re: What do you do for a living Francis

May 21, 2019, 10:30 AM

Do they furnish the mop and broom or do you have to supply that ?

I think she's a retired WNBA star.

May 21, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to What do you do for a living Francis ]

She can still dunk tho! :):)

Question should read, What won’t you do for a living Francis?

May 21, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to What do you do for a living Francis ]

FIFU

What does "FIFU" mean?

May 21, 2019, 11:44 AM

I thought it should be FUIA?

I'll give you a hint:

May 22, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to What do you do for a living Francis ]

He meant to say "reproductive."

May 21, 2019, 11:30 AM

Congrats - Francis!! Was that at Jiffy Lube?!?

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Thank you.***

May 21, 2019, 8:51 PM

May 21, 2023, 10:36 PM

Moving you from the basement to the broom closet on the first floor does not constitute a promotion or a raise. Please ensure that the mops are clean from now on if you want to feel needed.

May 21, 2019, 12:38 PM

Just got a notification that the last VIP box at Death Valley had neen sold for the 2019 season. Was that you FM? Send my Box Pass to djones73 c/o T-Net!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

Tnet is back up I await the demotion.

May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

Francis - just curious - but don’t you get big bucks for being a Mod-in-Training?!?

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

My boss gave me a raise one time, he sent his lush young secretary to sit on my lap and wiggle a little bit. Then asked me how did I like my raise, she giggled and told me she would see me later. I left an anonymous note for his wife and his secretary was moved to a different position, fun while it lasted.

May 22, 2019, 1:34 AM

He did notice, and the raise was a hint for you to continue!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 1:45 PM

He held the job of helping retirees bait their hooks at a pay pond,
Got promoted to Master Baiter!!!!

May 22, 2019, 3:13 PM

Before I had my Pool put in about 12 years ago, I did a very thorough search, and not for the cheapest, but for who had the best construction that would give me a life time warranty against the walls ever ca-lapsing or the concrete walk dropping down like I have seen with other friends that had an in ground pool put in. After I had done my research, I picked the three that I thought would do the best job from what they had told me over phone, and I ask them to come by my house to see where I wanted it, and to look at their construction plans they had, and to get an estimate, and compare what I was getting for the price. Prestige Pools here in cootlumbia had by far the best construction plans than any pool company in SC, and they were the most expensive by over $3000 bucks. But Prestige were the only one that would give me a life time warranty for as long as me or my wife lived or owned the pool, on all construction never failing within our life time.

To this day after 12 years of use of our pool, we had to replace the liner last year for the first time, and of course the liner's aren't life time. Average liner life depending on how well they are taken care of, they say is 6-10 years, so calcium is very important for keeping the liner material soft, and never allow anyone to come on the concrete with anything glass or breakable that can damage a liner. They also put a quarter inch foam on the composite walls to help protect the liner. But we have been a 100% satisfied with our pool over these past 12 years, and as we know, it's hard to get that kind of workmanship from about anybody these days, but we have been pleased with our pool.

The biggest difference in the Prestige pool from the others, Prestige puts X bracing every 4' apart set in 10" of concrete around the entire pool. The others put a single rod bracing every 6' set in single 10" x 10" pods of concrete, and I believe that is the reason that a lot of the concrete walk around will eventually drop and cause serious cracking in the concrete walk around that I have seen with other pools. I guess that it holds true that you get what you pay for. Places where the ground is clay, the 10" X 10" concrete pods may hold longer, I didn't want to leave at chance, and that's why I paid more, and I feel that I got better bracing construction!!! Just thought that I would say this for the ones that maybe thinking about having an in ground pool put in, and hopefully save them head ache and heart ache later with the service of their pool!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 3:20 PM

May 22, 2019, 3:54 PM

:)

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic