Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
my only mangey comment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 401

my only mangey comment

Nov 9, 2020, 11:01 AM

is that I wished Dabo/Tony would have went to the pass to get a first down when we had the ball with 2+ mins left in the 4th quarter. We lost a lot of D on injuries and keeping the ball longer would have been the best way to win the game.

Sports talking head suggested that with Trevor in the game there, we would have been more apt to throw the ball but I don't know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That and the officials screwed us

Nov 9, 2020, 11:05 AM

by not starting the play clock on the 3rd down play....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, but ND would've just called timeout.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:11 AM

And then with Etienne going out of bounds, they still had 1 timeout left.

And even with Etienne staying in bounds, they would have zero timeouts. But they didn't even come close to needing a timeout on the last drive.

The lesson is that if a team has 3 timeouts with over 2 minutes left, you run your offense because 2 minutes is just a lot of time in college football.

I just wish ETN would stop spotting the other team 7 pernts

Nov 9, 2020, 11:08 AM

ever game.

YEAH I SAID IT.

luv U ETN.

I'm hoping he is crazy pisst off and just kills it the rest

Nov 9, 2020, 11:10 AM

of the year. Heisman is out the door, but if he balls out, he could make it to NY (virtually) as a 4th or 5th finalist.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In college football, 2 minutes is eternity. So best case

Nov 9, 2020, 11:09 AM

scenario would've been punting to ND with about 1:50 on the clock and them having zero timeouts to drive 91 yds. They actually didn't even need to spend a timeout on that final drive. So the fact that we didn't make them use all 3 timeouts didn't really matter a ton (unless you think play calling would've been vastly different, which I don't think so because they hit a quick bomb)

So, yes, the lesson is if a team has all 3 timeouts, you should run your normal offense to try and get the first down because no timeouts and 2 minutes in college football is no big deal.

But, man, a normal Clemson/Venables defense just doesn't let that happen. 91 yds with the game on the line. Just sucks, but I think we will get ND when it matters in Dec.

agree 100%

Nov 9, 2020, 11:18 AM

we needed a first down to win the game and didn't do it. period.

play calling was suspect, as usual.

we were in the same situation as BC and didn't do it there either. NC is obviously better and they won the game.

we got out coached and out played.

ND not NC...my b***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:18 AM

Re: my only mangey comment

Nov 9, 2020, 11:21 AM

Defense has been sort of meh, mostly because our trio of starting LBs and every DT not named Davis or Bresee just aren’t as good as what we’ve had.

But the Achilles heel of this team is the center and two guards. Every run play, those three are 5 yards back in the backfield. They get absolutely blasted off the ball.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our achilles heel is the secondary

Nov 9, 2020, 11:49 AM

BV loves to blitz and so you need guys who can cover man when they don't get to the QB in time. AJ Terrell and Simmons were just absolutely huge losses for us and we haven't had remotely the same level of secondary play since.

Really hope we hit secondary (and OL) hard in recruiting and go after guys who can cover instead of guys like Muse and Nolan that we've had the past few years

Replies: 9
| visibility 401
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic