Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think ordering takeout is a mistake. Here is why.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 537

I think ordering takeout is a mistake. Here is why.

Mar 24, 2020, 8:37 AM

Too many workers so close together is one reason. They don't know who might be sick. Now here is what made me come to that conclusion. There is a restaurant which is very popular near my house. It was on that Diners Dives..etc etc show. Anyway, I went over to a friend's house who works there. 4 people of their staff were there smoking joints, bowls, and passing it around without a care in the world. There are so many stoners working at restaurants. So many drug users who party with others. I don't think getting your meals to go is that cautious in these times. I think making our own meals is the only way to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The recommended precaution is to

Mar 24, 2020, 8:46 AM

Take it out of the container & microwave for 30-90 seconds depending on the temp when you get it home, discard container and wash hands immediately after handling

Heat denatures nucleic acids rendering viruses ineffective

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: The recommended precaution is to

Mar 24, 2020, 8:52 AM

Might as well just make my own food at that stage, unless it is mac and cheese ordered to go. I never use my microwave though. Anyway, I dont want to microwave my to go orders. I want them to taste as they should with the right texture, with no coronavirus. I am out on to go for a bit unless in a pinch. I have plenty time to cook at home now anyway.

Good thought....we are only doing take out from a shop

Mar 24, 2020, 8:50 AM

thats down the hill from us. 3 brothers own it and basically hot subs, pizza, calzones. I feel confident that they are making good decisions.

As for any place else, you are right, I will just eat at home.

I have also noticed that a lot of the places offering take out are not offering anymore as it was costing them more to open the doors than they were making on food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good thought....we are only doing take out from a shop

Mar 24, 2020, 9:05 AM

How about sushi from a nice spot?

Yeah, we're half-assed in our approach at best

Mar 24, 2020, 9:02 AM

Without drastic measures, even only a weekly trip to a grocery store is a recipe for eventual infection. I noticed last time in the grocery store those restocking the shelves weren't even wearing gloves. That should be a minimum thing they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we're doing the very best we can

Mar 24, 2020, 9:07 AM

If for instance my town goes full lock, except for essentials, the virus can still spread. We still need to buy food. If the grocery store is the only place open where people can go in public, then thats where the spread will continue. Lets say the use gloves and masks, does the virus die when it touches those things or can gloves be used to transfer it from one surface to another. Should we call be wearing gloves and then wash the surfaces of items we buy at the store?

protects the store employee. If they get the virus,

Mar 24, 2020, 9:14 AM

they can transmit it to you before they show symptoms and know they have it.

And it keeps their hands cleaner, just as a side benefit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do they know the virus isn't on their gloves?***

Mar 24, 2020, 9:22 AM

Delivery is even worse.

Mar 24, 2020, 9:06 AM

I've seen some of the cars of the delivery drivers, looking like an episoide of hoarders, no gloves used by the driver, etc.

So gloves stops the transmission from one place to another

Mar 24, 2020, 9:07 AM

got it

You know the phrase, no glove no love

Mar 24, 2020, 9:21 AM

and CERTAIN DEATH

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know it now***

Mar 24, 2020, 9:25 AM

Virus can’t get through skin any more than gloves so

Mar 24, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to So gloves stops the transmission from one place to another ]

If you don’t wash your hands with the gloves on or replace them every time you touch a surface no point in wearing them

The entry point seems to be eyes nose mouth so don’t sneezed/coughed on or touch surfaces with sneeze cough droplets and it seems you’ll be ok.

Since y’all all have time on your hands you can fact check this but I’ve read articles from Johns Hopkins & UC Santa Barbra published this week that I didn’t save the links to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Replies: 13
| visibility 537
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic