Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe Saban being an A$$ to work for is the reason Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,636

Maybe Saban being an A$$ to work for is the reason Bama

Jan 11, 2019, 3:59 PM

has continual coaching turnover - I can see a coach wanting that job on their resume - but I also see why they don't stay. Can you imagine how brutal it must be to work for that little tyrant?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: Maybe Saban being an A$$ to work for is the reason Bama

Jan 11, 2019, 4:01 PM

got the napoleon thing going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

As Cousin Eddie said in Christmas Vacation -

Jan 11, 2019, 4:05 PM

"BINGO." I had the same thought at lunch listening to XM 84.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like Kirby at UGa may have the same problem.***

Jan 11, 2019, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 11, 2019, 4:26 PM

Okay I'm a huge Clemson fan, but have to take issue with you regarding Nick Saban, whom you seem to denigrate. He is one of the greatest collegiate coaches of all time, and the fact that he is possibly not a Cub Scout leader doesn't bother me in the least. Neither Bama or Saban is going away, and we'd better get used to that, as soon as this coming season. Saban will go down in history as one of the greatest college coaches of all time. He's not an A$$, he's a fierce and very talented competitor. Just look at the Alabama program---what do you see? What Dabo Swinney has described as "The standard." You disagree with Dabo??

Thank you Coach Spurrier for your commentary about Saban...

Jan 11, 2019, 4:35 PM

You and Saban are both pretty good coaches but you both also happen to be total a$$hats !!!

Sorry if that offends but sometimes the truth hurts.

If you don't want people thinking you're an a$$hat, there is a simply solution. Stop acting like one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You did not disagree with one thing he posted

Jan 11, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Saban being an A$$ to work for is the reason Bama ]

He never said bama wasn't good.
He never said saban was a bad coach.

He never said bama was going any where.

He posted, maybe bama has high turnover because saban is a difficult person to work for/with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Lawyer logic...? Solid.***

Jan 11, 2019, 8:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 4:39 PM

That is what I've been telling people for a while..... Yes, these guys are getting head coaching positions or going out as assistants at other places, but maybe it's because of the work environment.... Nobody want to be berated all the time and put down and yelled and screamed at. You don't hear much about the Bama coaches all hanging out together.

Saban is more along the lines of a Bobby Knight model.

Jan 11, 2019, 4:49 PM

Kirby too. He is a Saban clone.

I think it’s simply that coaches choose to coach

Jan 11, 2019, 4:54 PM

there as a resume builder. They all go in with one foot already out the door to a bigger job somewhere else. None of them helped build the program like our assistants have. There’s no loyalty or pride involved, just business...sort of like the one-and-done players in basketball.

I don’t think it has much to do with Saban except for the fact that he’s built the coaching factory.

Jan 11, 2019, 4:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcMy6JAr0A

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,636
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic