Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone know how many quarters a QB must play...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,669

Does anyone know how many quarters a QB must play...

Sep 24, 2019, 9:49 AM

in order to get credit for a W? I’m sure the staff knows, and took this into consideration before pulling TL Saturday, but I can’t help but worry some Heisman voters will only look at the box score and see the “W” beside Chase Brice’s name. Not to say Chase doesn’t deserve a ton of credit for the win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think it's just one full quarter

Sep 24, 2019, 9:50 AM

So Trevor would get the win last weekend and Chase would get the save.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ok, good.

Sep 24, 2019, 9:56 AM

Was a little worried you had to play an entire half.

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I think it's just one full quarter

Sep 24, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I think it's just one full quarter ]

That's not right. You definitely have to be within 3 scores to record an official save.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to I think it's just one full quarter ]

Chase gets the hold and the Puma gets the save?

Puma? Please spell out his entire first and last name

Sep 24, 2019, 11:21 AM

without looking it up first. TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

oh boy

Sep 24, 2019, 11:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

No save needed, well at hand when Chase came in!***

Sep 24, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to I think it's just one full quarter ]

This post reminds me of how much beisaball has changed.

Sep 24, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to I think it's just one full quarter ]

There was a Pirate pitcher years ago, Doc Ellis. He got vilified in the press for saying his job as a starting pitcher was "5 and fly" meaning he only expected to have to pitch 5 quality innings before being relieved. Starting pitchers were routinely expected to go at least 7 innings back then to be considered elite. Nowadays, "5 and fly" is almost becoming the norm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I think it's just one full quarter ]

Yeah, but did they play "Enter Sandman" when Chase came in?

I have always heard its who got the "start".

Sep 24, 2019, 9:56 AM

For example, DW4 "lost" the GT game when he went down with a knee injury early in the game.

Clearly we were up and winning at that point.

Re: I have always heard its who got the "start".

Sep 24, 2019, 10:05 AM

I think Watson was awarded the loss only after it was proven that he could have continuing playing against GT. Ironically, he caused himself to take the loss by whipping the Gamecocks on 1 leg!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,669
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic