Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it's impossible to be friends with coots....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I think it's impossible to be friends with coots....

Aug 7, 2013, 12:05 AM

I have a friend, he's actually pretty decent of a guy- but somehow the conversation always goes back to Clemson/ Carolina. Recruiting, spring practice, fall practice and especially during the season this dude is a pain in the butt. I don't think it's worth it. I'm tired of hearing all the BS... Anybody else had this problem?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of. They tend to focus solely on recent "history"

Aug 7, 2013, 12:49 AM

which is understandable given their lackluster history thus far. I was talking to a coot today who was being all smug saying that they're going to stomp UNC because they're "just an ACC school". I said, "you guys didn't do so well when you were in the ACC." Of course his response was "our record has been good lately." That's pretty much his standard response for everything.

At the end of the day if we want them to shut up we have to beat them. Plain and simple.

As opposed to those talking ancient history?

Aug 7, 2013, 2:15 PM

Kids don't want to hear that your grandfather's Tigers got forty rods to the hogshead. As a matter of fact, for today's generation anything that happened more than two days ago is ancient history, so maybe tell your coot friends to stop talking "Ancient History"?

Re: I think it's impossible to be friends with coots....

Aug 7, 2013, 1:38 AM

No, I haven't had a coot friend since 1991. Like you, I got tire of hearing him talk crap about Clemson every time we won, and every time they got lucky and won one once in a blue moon. I never rubbed it in on him b/c I liked the dude. But when we won in 1991, he rubbed me the wrong way with all the crap he was saying about we had to cheat to beat them. So I beat the crap out of him to show him that I didn't have to cheat to shut him the fk up. I've never had a coot friend at no level since then. You just can't be friends with them b/c, they can't handle losing, and don't know how to handle winning. It's a lose, lose situation having one as a friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately class and dignity do not come wth winning and

Aug 7, 2013, 7:14 AM

losing, your "gamecock friend" has none, can get none and is a lost cause....that's why he is a coot.

Aug 7, 2013, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I think it's impossible to be friends with coots.... ]

All I have to say is wow. Refusing to be friends with a Carolina fan/grad is beyond absurd and incredible immature. Sure there are a ton of arrogant USC fans out there, just like ones at Clemson, but I have tons of friends that went to Carolina and are great people. I think you are taking this a little too seriously and should really reconsider your priorities.

sniff sniff.....I smell chiken***

Aug 7, 2013, 8:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

liberal arts ?

Aug 7, 2013, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I think it's impossible to be friends with coots.... ]

just guessing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love and peace......look at me, I love everybody...***

Aug 7, 2013, 10:13 AM

Definition of Irony, pure class.

Aug 7, 2013, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I think it's impossible to be friends with coots.... ]

> No, I haven't had a coot friend since 1991. Like you,
> I got tire of hearing him talk crap about Clemson
> every time we won, and every time they got lucky and
> won one once in a blue moon. I never rubbed it in on
> him b/c I liked the dude. But when we won in 1991, he
> rubbed me the wrong way with all the crap he was
> saying about we had to cheat to beat them. So I beat
> the crap out of him to show him that I didn't have to
> cheat to shut him the fk up.
I've never had a coot
> friend at no level since then. You just can't be
> friends with them b/c, they can't handle losing, and
> don't know how to handle winning. It's a lose, lose
> situation having one as a friend.

Definition of Irony, pure class.

Aug 7, 2013, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it's impossible to be friends with coots.... ]

It looks like you're handling losing well.

Aug 7, 2013, 8:09 AM

Yes,it's [almost] impossible to be friends with coots,however if you work with them,or live next door,you have to tolerate them [a little],especially during this time when their football program is at it's highest peak ever.Remember,even the South had it's high water mark(Gettysburg).
But don't worry.Spurrier won't be around much longer,Tenneessee,Vandy,Florida,and even the Dawgs will improve,and we can all look foward to the day when the coots will rule the[bottom] of the roost.

Aug 7, 2013, 8:40 AM

I have one that I was in service with. He is actually a classy guy. Doesn't rub it in when they win and is a good sport when they lose. He maybe the only coot graduate like that though.

Aug 7, 2013, 8:39 AM

Try being the Father of one!

My oldest son followed in MY Footsteps!! He is ALL ORANGE!!

My youngest son (17)...not so much! He has a case of Cooties!!

I pray he eventually sees the light!! Lol

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2013, 9:56 AM

Hate to hear that. It is sad when you bring a kid up the right way, and they still fail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2013, 8:40 AM

A friend and I were just having this conversation about a friend of ours who is a USC grad. He is relentless in making fun of Dabo and our football team. This only started when they started beating us.Once Clemson gets the upper hand again it will be payback time.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:59 AM

If he makes fun of Dabo, he is much the idiot. Do you really want to spend (waste) your time with people like that? You can choose friends with a lot better judgement.

I have a handful of friends who are $CU fans....

Aug 7, 2013, 8:42 AM

and while I think $CU fans are generally some of the most ignorant, mouthy, and deluded on the planet, I feel blessed that those few friends of mine who are $CU fans are the exception rather than the norm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I have a handful of friends who are $CU fans....

Aug 7, 2013, 9:59 AM

There are some exceptions.

No I don't have that problem because I'm not friends with

Aug 7, 2013, 9:17 AM

coots. #### em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

one of many reasons why the SCar game is the MOST important

Aug 7, 2013, 9:23 AM

game of the regular season

If you and your friends can't talk without arguing about

Aug 7, 2013, 10:07 AM

a football rivalry...then you deserve each other.

Only problems I have with the one I know

Aug 7, 2013, 10:07 AM

Is sometimes he forgets to blow the grass clippings off the sidewalk and driveway when he is done and his 1977 truck leaks oil in the street while he works.

I quit letting him park in driveway years ago.

Well, that and he insists on me helping him with directions so he can get back home. You would have thought he could have stolen a GPS by now ! According to him his 4th wife has one and she got hers in the parking lot of an Applebees one night around 930pm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've pretty much severed all ties with anyone with coot...

Aug 7, 2013, 10:10 AM

...tendencies. Needless to say, my facebook page is a quieter, happier place.

Not impossible. I have some friends that graduated from

Aug 7, 2013, 10:25 AM

usuk with various technical degrees, and they have a pretty level headed approach to it. Not to say they aren't enjoying this run a bit, but they also remember "the norm" of their lives before the last 4 years and realize what goes around comes around. Most of the problem I see is with usuk fans that did not go to college and just have pulled for them all thier lives. Now some of THEM have major issues!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nonsense. I get along with my gardener just fine.***

Aug 7, 2013, 2:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Not impossible, but why condescend?***

Aug 7, 2013, 2:17 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't had, don't have, and won't have....never, never.***

Aug 7, 2013, 2:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2013, 2:39 PM

You people are seriously twisted if you refuse to be friends with someone because they went to another school. Yall need a priority check.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic