Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Your expectations for this season (basketball)?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,003

Your expectations for this season (basketball)?

Jan 18, 2020, 10:27 AM

The Tigers have been playing really well recently and still have 14 ACC games to go. My minimum expectations are that we go 7-7 with wins at home games against WF, Syracuse, ND, and GT, and three road wins against WF, Pitt and GT.

This will give us a 16-14 overall record with 10-10 in the ACC; should be good enough for a NIT birth?

However, if we can also win either the home game against Louisville or at BC; we end up with 17-13 overall and 11-9 in the ACC. Will this be good enough for a NCAA birth?

Of course, a 9-5 record from hereon will be outstanding in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That won't be even good enough for the NIT...

Jan 18, 2020, 10:51 AM

We probably need to win 8 or 9 more games to make the NIT. We got off to such a bad start that we need to really do well for any post season. The NIT is a lot harder to get into now. All teams that win their regular season conference but don't get the automatic bid by winning their conf tourney get into the NIT.

I think it would be

Jan 18, 2020, 11:03 AM

Would mean we finished well. Could use a win over an FSU, Louisville, VT or UVA though.

I think it would be

Jan 18, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to That won't be even good enough for the NIT... ]

Would mean we finished well. Could use a win over an FSU, Louisville, VT or UVA though.

Re: That won't be even good enough for the NIT...

Jan 18, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to That won't be even good enough for the NIT... ]

So a 8-6 or 9-5 will only get us a NIT bid; so a win today will be huge in getting us on the right path.

Re: Your expectations for this season (basketball)?

Jan 18, 2020, 11:22 AM

While an NIT berth might be the most realistic expectation, I think the Athletic Director is thinking at least the first round of the NCAA Tournament, especially with what transpired this past week.
Just my opinion, but you asked.

Jan 18, 2020, 11:36 AM

NIT

Jan 18, 2020, 11:52 AM

17 wins should get us in the NIT. We got in three years ago with a 17-15 season. Each year is different, but with us starting 7 - 7 I think that we would get an invite with 17 wins. I am hoping for at least a 17 - 13 regular season finish and at least one ACC tournament win. Anything better than this would be epic. It should be interesting. GO TIGERS!!!!

Jan 18, 2020, 12:37 PM

Honestly I had none because of so many new guys. After the World Championship I was hoping we could get a winning ACC record and be mid of conf standings at least. But doue to the slow start I'm still just watching and taking them as they come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT BABY We have more NIT appearances than UNC and Dook

Jan 18, 2020, 12:47 PM

combined!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,003
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic