Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just when I think ESPN dosn't have it in for our lads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,679

Just when I think ESPN dosn't have it in for our lads

Nov 16, 2015, 2:26 PM

I look at their Heisman polls. FOX Sports? DW4 #1. Sports Illustrated? DW4 #1. ESPN? I see Henry. I Have seen Fournette. I have even seen Boykin and McCaffery. DW4 nowhere on there. FO realz? You don't have to crown him but he darn sure is in the conversation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just when I think ESPN dosn't have it in for our lads

Nov 16, 2015, 2:37 PM

yeah that blows my mind. considering how the team is playing that is ridiculous. if we had several losses maybe I'd understand but when we dont and he is a major reason it is nonsense of course it is on the Heisman voters not this poll

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've all but given it to Henry...ESecPN at it's

Nov 16, 2015, 2:44 PM

finest. First...it was Swag Kelly....then Fournette was the second coming of Herschel Walker...now it's Henry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Henry who?

Nov 16, 2015, 2:53 PM

is that the guy from Bama that had two good weeks in a row?

Laughable...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They've all but given it to Henry...ESecPN at it's

Nov 16, 2015, 9:38 PM [ in reply to They've all but given it to Henry...ESecPN at it's ]

Don't forget Nick Chubb before the knee injury .
He was going to redefine how running backs are defined .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Then we're just going to have to hold him...

Nov 16, 2015, 3:07 PM

to negative yards when we meet and take him out of the running

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I like your sentiment, it'll be too late by then.***

Nov 16, 2015, 3:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I like your sentiment, it'll be too late by then.***

Nov 16, 2015, 8:46 PM

I can live with Henry if it comes down to it, BUT.. He hasnt been great every game. He didnt have a big game against Ole Miss, not his fault so much, they got behind quick and had to pass. BUT... Even if he gets it I can live with him, Fournette, even Cook. But they dont even MENTION DW4?

The other thing is, when did the Heisman become the award for the best player on the best team in the nation? Losing a game should not harm a player if hes say a QB say Boykin, and has a Horrible Defense. If he throws for 450 per game, 3-4 TDs and averages less than pick a game, thats a great season. Paul Horning won with a losing record. Where did the mentality change? You CAN still be the best player in the Country on a so so team. Think Drew Brees @ Purdue for example.

Hornung won because he played for ND. Look at his stats.***

Nov 16, 2015, 9:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I like your sentiment, it'll be too late by then.***

Nov 16, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: While I like your sentiment, it'll be too late by then.*** ]

George Rogers won and we ALL know that program wasn't a national contender??

Nov 16, 2015, 8:57 PM

Yea, I saw this propaganda piece earlier and was thinking the same thing..

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/110541/derrick-henrys-march-to-the-heisman-now-seems-inevitable

Nov 16, 2015, 9:04 PM

He is a good back, but I dont see him doing a lot next level. Too slow IMO. Reminds me of Ron Dayne, big, hits the hole hard, like an old school Steeler back, but not in Fournette or Cook's level.

I think it will be pretty much the same, but...

Nov 16, 2015, 9:23 PM

expect he'll jump into top 5 tomorrow...the Heisman watch on ESPN is from 11/10, so the very small defense is that they are a week behind (granted, SI had DW #1 after FSU).

It's still hard to defend having Fournette and Boykin there after last week, but there is no way McCaffery and Fournette on 2 loss teams should be in top 5 now.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,679
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic