Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU was the better team and it was evident.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 692

LSU was the better team and it was evident.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:45 AM

And as much as I hate to say it, we may need a change at OC. Terrible gameplan last night. I'm not sure why you go away from things that are working. The middle of the field was open ALL night and we threw there to Galloway maybe twice??

Doesn't help that Lawrence has the worst game of his season either.

Oh well, life goes on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Change at OC? We lost one game.***

Jan 14, 2020, 6:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two of our worst game plans in back to back games

Jan 14, 2020, 6:52 AM

Coincidence that Jeff Scott has been distracted with the USF gig? Can't deny that Clemson should have put up way more than 25 points and that the coaches did Lawrence no favors

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two of our worst game plans in back to back games

Jan 14, 2020, 7:02 AM

Kind of shows that the media's "lack of respect" was pretty accurate. We had a weak schedule and we were flawed on D. That said, I completely agree. The fact that we only put up 25 on their D was inexcusable imo. I think they would put up 35 on us every time we would play them, BUT we had the team to match that on their D. We just had a weak gameplan possibly? Or was it that TL was off? Who knows...

I think it was both. Terrible gameplan and Trevor had his

Jan 14, 2020, 7:05 AM

worst game of the season.

It is ridiculous to go away from the run when we were gashing them the way we were. And every pass on 3rd down seemed to be a deep ball. No crossing routes. No seam routes. Frustrating. Especially when Galloway was open in the middle pretty much all night.

I didn't feel good at all about this game but I kept it to myself so I wouldn't jinx us or get called a coot, but I knew we had some glaring weaknesses and if our dline didn't have the game of their lives there was no way we kept up with LSU offense.

If you had told me we were going to force them to punt 7

Jan 14, 2020, 7:06 AM

times and miss one field goal, I would have said we win going away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was screaming “run the ball”

Jan 14, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I think it was both. Terrible gameplan and Trevor had his ]

At the TV. Made no sense to go away from it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For as many yards as the defense gave up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Two of our worst game plans in back to back games ]

Our offense had every opportunity to close the 17 point gap

Lack of execution hurt us much more than the game plan.***

Jan 14, 2020, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Two of our worst game plans in back to back games ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that to an extent...

Jan 14, 2020, 7:26 AM

Lawrence was struggling starting in the 3rd and the coaches did nothing to help him out.

He let the pressure get to him more than last year

Jan 14, 2020, 7:30 AM

against Bama.

he was having a bad game and our OC doubled

Jan 14, 2020, 8:20 AM

Down on putting the game on his arm when ETN was hitting his stride. Poor, poor job by Elliott.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you. I almost wonder ift hey were concerned

Jan 14, 2020, 12:24 PM

with hurting Trevor's confidence MORE by taking the game out of his hands. I don't know. I'm grasping at straws. Would have like to see us give ETN a chance to make some plays in his hometown. Oh well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

ETN had 20 touches though, 15 rushing and 5 catches.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:16 PM

More than he usually gets. I would like to run a little more on 2nd and 7 or even 2nd 10, even, when they are expecting us to pass. Still, with our QB and receivers, there has to be a lot of confidence there.

Nothing wrong about our game plan against OSU.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Two of our worst game plans in back to back games ]

That was a good defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

middle of the field was open all night that game.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:10 AM

We got lucky with TL running his azzzz off with crazy determination. He made the OC’S look good that game, not vice versa, IMHO.

But yeah, I think OSU was possibly better than LSU in every position but QB and WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU knew what to do. Everyone does really. Shut down the

Jan 14, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Change at OC? We lost one game.*** ]

pass. You shut down the passing game, and we fold. We will never do a 360 and start pounding the ball. Heck, Bama may have had a chance to beat us last year if they went to the ground. Likewise, that's the ONLY way anyone could beat that LSU team we played. Pound the ball, eat up clock, own possession time, give them their 2-minute drives, then another 6 minute one. Over a game, with the same defense, LSU would have been way down in total TD's.

They were a better team because I've never seen us do about the only thing that could beat that LSU team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

except for last year against Cuse when, if I recall

Jan 14, 2020, 12:23 PM

correctly, Dabo spoke up and said "run the ball!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Yep.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:51 AM

This is the first season since 2011? That i'm not really looking forward to whats in stock next season. Clemson is obviously going to run over the ACC because the competition masks our scheme issues but I'm afraid that its going to be more of the same come playoff time.

I hope Bowman comes in and is ready

Jan 14, 2020, 7:02 AM

because when ETN leaves I don't feel real confident in Dixon. RB will be a huge drop off.

Dline will be better. Ngata or Ladson will have to step up and neither have been too flashy so far.

We have the best class on paper coming in so we should be good to go, but I agree with you, ACC will be easy, we win at ND and we should be in the playoffs again.

I'm pretty sure that the sugar bowl is a playoff site next

Jan 14, 2020, 7:10 AM

season. God forbid we play LSU or bama there again. I think Dabo should just boycott the sugar bowl and tell the committee that we will just play an away game at the other teams stadium.

I hope we get the Rose Bowl bid because that's on my bucket list. I've never been to Cali so i'm planning a week vacation for that game.

Dixon is a one trick pony. He is NOT a starter.***

Jan 14, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I hope Bowman comes in and is ready ]

Dixon is gonna surprise you. Bookmark it

Jan 14, 2020, 11:04 AM

Write it down. STAY BY YOUR COMPUTER.

H needs a lot of work.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:11 AM

Unless he is breaking a long run against inferior competition, he is a liability. I cringe when they bring him in. Especially if he has to help protect Trevor.

It'll be interesting to see where Dukes/Mellusi fall in the

Jan 14, 2020, 11:14 AM

lineup.

man, whatchoo talking bout.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to H needs a lot of work. ]

He's the best RB pass blocker we have. Straight blows up people. Remember him whiffing one or two, but not as many as ETN.

Not understanding that TL was struggling and needing

Jan 14, 2020, 8:14 AM

to help him out with more runs was very Chad Morris like IMO. Gotta stick to the game plan come he’ll or high water.

1/2 half TD drive was a clear indication of what needed to change. Probably would have helped TL take some of the pressure off.

Oh well,, bigger picture, TL still has a lot to learn and will come back more determined next season yadda yadda

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Yea, but with QBs as talented as TL, you kind of

Jan 14, 2020, 8:19 AM

figure he’s going to get it back the next play.

I think you are incorrect.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:22 AM

The middle of the field was open all SEASON.

No Hunter Renfrow.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:36 AM

No one stepped up to fill in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don’t know if you don’t try.***

Jan 14, 2020, 8:39 AM

Galloway did last night.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to No Hunter Renfrow. ]

Till they stopped after his second catch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is a slant even in our playbook?***

Jan 14, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I think you are incorrect. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i honestly can’t remember us trying more than a couple

Jan 14, 2020, 9:08 AM

This season.

So how's your job application for STS going?***

Jan 14, 2020, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 692
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic