Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss

Nov 15, 2019, 10:17 PM

team with only their 3rd string QB and their 2nd string RB. I know, only 6 losses so far, but 2 more losses within 8 days.

I just keep trying to let that sink in and find the logic in that. Being somewhat logical, it makes my head hurt just trying to understand in what realm that the CFP committee managed to make that decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss

Nov 15, 2019, 10:18 PM

(we don't play coots for 15 more days...just saying)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

He was probably saying they will lose to "Open Date"***

Nov 16, 2019, 6:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 10:20 PM

We were the #1 team and lost to an 8 loss Syracuse team in 2017. Was that so unacceptable also? (All the third string qb and losing at home crap doesn’t matter. A loss is a loss to an 8 loss team.)

Nov 16, 2019, 6:00 AM

Is that chicken feathers I smell? Burned and definitely salty... from tears, perhaps?

I’m sure it must be my imagination, though, since I can’t ever recall when the coots were #1....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 16, 2019, 8:26 AM

They almost had it that one time they lost to Navy in Annapolis , and it wasn't bad enough they fumbled away a chance at being #1 and playing in their only National Championship game ... but they got run off the field by a bunch of future sailors who had no future playing the game of football .
It was a thing of beauty .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 16, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss ]

I love responses like this. Totally deflect from what’s actually being talked about because an imaginary thumbs down system makes you think you’re a bigger Clemson fan than me. Makes me laugh.

Nov 16, 2019, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss ]

I'm quite sure the second/third string QB's in that game weren't playing on Syracuse's side, FYI... Think it's a bit different there, bud.

Nov 16, 2019, 9:02 AM

Lol. That doesn’t matter at all. Totally irrelevant.

Nov 16, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss ]

Clemson was #2 when they lost to Syracuse in 2017.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 9:04 AM

Yes they were. And Syracuse didn’t have 8 losses yet either. The point is they put us at #1 in the final poll after losing to an 8 loss team. The op is having a hard time accepting the POC putting Georgia in the top four after losing to an eventual 8 loss team.

Nov 16, 2019, 9:15 AM

Writing this makes me feel dirty, but Kinlaw and the DB for SC had monster games and UofSuC only had 2 or 3 losses at that time too. It is fun to laugh at Georgia for losing to a glorified FCS team, but if they run the table, they deserve to be there. I don't see it happening, but if it does.

How many UNDEFEATED teams were ranked behind us

Nov 16, 2019, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss ]

in that CFP ranking?

Re: How many UNDEFEATED teams were ranked behind us

Nov 16, 2019, 9:07 AM

Are you trying to say, as of right now, Minnesota or Baylor are better teams than Georgia? If so you shouldn’t comment on college football. The point is to have the best four teams in the playoff, and Georgia would be 20+ point favorites against either one of those teams.

Nov 16, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss ]

I don’t think they’re exactly the same, but they’re not worlds apart either. I think Georgia is the right choice @ #4 for a few reasons:

- Bama doesn’t deserve #4 because they don’t have a single impressive win this year, but their loss is good
- Oregon has a good loss but they only have decent wins, nothing super
- Utah is similar to Oregon
- Minnesota has an impressive win but a half dozen close calls against bad teams...they’ll keep rising if they keep winning
- Baylor is scraping by every team they play, but they can still get there if they keep winning

Georgia certainly has the worst loss of that group, but they also have impressive wins against Florida and Notre Dame. Georgia is the right choice at #4 for the time being...especially if they beat Auburn today.

This is also the M.O. of the committee...they put some teams a little higher than some people want to see, but they tip their hand to what sort of movement you can see in the future: Georgia will have to earn the #4 (or higher) spot this week against Auburn and in the SEC Championship game against (presumably) LSU. Alabama is just treading water at #5 and will be jumped by Utah or Oregon if they both remain 1-loss teams going into the PAC-12 Championship.

If somehow Minnesota or Baylor keep winning, things might get a little hairy...

Ultimately, our fan base is spoiled. Everyone is upset about Georgia being #4, but who deserves to be ranked over them? We’ve forgotten the days when we were ranked in the high teens/20s...once you break out of the elite level of college football, you’re going to have some seriously flawed teams. Those flaws get less glaring towards the top, but even the next level down from the elite are going to have noticeable issues and resumes.

Nov 15, 2019, 10:22 PM

I get your point and I wouldn’t rank Georgia #4 either personally but I do believe we lost to a 4-8 team in 2017 and were the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Nov 16, 2019, 8:05 AM

We also had 3 top 15 ranked wins

Nov 16, 2019, 9:10 AM

They have two top 15 wins. More than any other one loss teams other than Penn St.

I’d take Minn +20 over UGA

Nov 16, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: The #4 team in the CFP was beaten at HOME by an 8-loss ]

They’re a lot closer to a dawg team that’s been overrated all year than you would give them credit for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 6:13 AM

They know it is meaningless and that Georgia has to win out and win the SEC.

Nov 16, 2019, 6:59 AM

Another way of Hyping the SEC championship game is all this is. Bama will be sitting at 4 unless they do something really stupid

I think it shows there are only 3 good teams in the country

Nov 16, 2019, 7:15 AM

And the idea of expanding to eight teams is stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 9:15 AM

Must be hurting from lack of brainpower...obviously don't remember our losses in the past and how our wins are what we wanted the committee to consider...hypocrisy is very unflattering on you

Nov 16, 2019, 10:12 AM

The committee didn’t make that decision.....ESPN made it for them......Go Tigers !!!!!!

Their “quality wins” supposedly offset their bad loss.

Nov 16, 2019, 10:16 AM

Ridiculous.

Also, because SEC.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I hate Georgia and i honestly don't think they are

Nov 16, 2019, 10:28 AM

a title-caliber team this year, but why should a bad loss mean more than good wins?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic