Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Again, I don't think Jack is the problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Again, I don't think Jack is the problem

Mar 12, 2015, 8:28 AM

Weston makes that simple throw and they don't score more runs late in the game.

I, however, do think at some point we need to look at our pitching coach pep. Never been impressed with him.

I know there is the mob called fire Jack....but i just don't understand it. The guy is a good baseball coach imo. We just need to be a little more consistent defensively and pitching. Yes, coaching is apart of that....but players executing is part of it too.

Changes i would make.

Once Tyler is healthy...move him to 3rd and move Weston to DH

Move Duggar to CF and take Slaton out of the lineup.

Open spot in RF.... find your guy. Open it up and try some things.

Explain to Okey he doesn't have to swing for the fences every time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again, I don't think Jack is the problem

Mar 12, 2015, 8:31 AM

Probably isn't but it seems the same errors crop up again and again. Whatever he teaches or coaches doesn't seem to get through. To me that is on him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 11:46 AM

Not saying you.... but it's amazing I mean fugin amazing how people will attack you if you talk about brownlee.....but bring up Jack, then it's Fire! Fire! Fire!

Brownlee didn't take over an great program, Jack did***

Mar 12, 2015, 12:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 8:43 AM

Six years of being a middle of the pack finisher in the ACC standings. Over the same period not being able to beat the coots consistently and not stopping them from advancing in the College World Series and losing recruits like Wingo (who wanted to go to Clemson) to the coots. You are right. Jack is not responsible for recruiting, coaching, coaching decisions, strategy, etc. He is just the head coach and not the problem - really!

He may not be the problem, but he's also not the solution

Mar 12, 2015, 9:11 AM

if anything, Clemson baseball is stale and needs a shot in the arm.

I think it is time for Jack to ride off into the sunset,

Mar 12, 2015, 9:18 AM

before he goes from being a universally beloved coach, to a coach who's thought of as negatively as Hatfield.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He may not be the problem, but he's also not the solution

Mar 12, 2015, 9:29 AM [ in reply to He may not be the problem, but he's also not the solution ]

After I hit send pretty much the gist of your post occurred to me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 9:24 AM

lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 12, 2015, 9:46 AM

We don't bring in the bb talent we once did. Our recruiting has been suffering over the stretch of usuc recent success. Leggett and Co finally are recruiting sc.The days of the greens and bakers etc are gone.

Again, Friday funnies are TOMORROW***

Mar 12, 2015, 10:15 AM

Re: Again, I don't think Jack is the problem***

Mar 12, 2015, 12:45 PM

Mar 12, 2015, 1:28 PM

jack is the problem as i stated in an earlier post.. clemson baseball has not been the same since kevin o'sullivan left(pitching coach to head coach of florida). jack makes excuses about the game changing with the baseballs being different and the bats being less powerful... guess what every team has to deal with it so adapt to the game... those rule changes for most teams resulted in better pitching but that wasnt the case for us(clemson). pep is part of the problem too for our pitching staff but guess what that falls under Jack because he decides who he wants to hire and fire for his staff. fire jack and go after Kevin O'Sullivan if of course he would leave Florida for Clemson.

Mar 12, 2015, 2:21 PM

who do you think evaluates, recruits, developed and coaches these players? if someone is not doing the job, the coach has to replace him and either make him better or get rid of him. recruiting and evaluating talent is 60-70 % of college coaching. developing and coaching players is important, but not nearly as important as recruiting. better players make coaches look a lot better.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic