Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think UCF has a chance to make the CFP this year (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I think UCF has a chance to make the CFP this year (long)

Nov 2, 2018, 10:15 AM

Here's the way I see the remainder of the season playing out.

SEC: Bama wins out, UGA, LSU, UK, all end up with 2+ losses. (UGA beats UK, Bama beats LSU, Bama beats UGA). One caveat here is; if Bama loses a game, the SEC will likely get 2 teams in (Bama and SEC Champion)

ACC: Clemson wins out, no other team has a shot at the playoff even if Cuse or NC State survives with 2 losses.

PAC 12: Washington State is the only 1 loss team with a chance right now. Decent schedule of Cal, @ Colorado, Arizona, Washington, and probably Utah in the Championship game. I think they'll slip up and lose at least one of those.

Big 12: WVU and OU are the only two remaining teams with 1 loss, and Texas has 2 losses. WVU will lose one of their remaining games (@UT, TCU, @ OK St, or OU). OU has an easier schedule with TTU, Ok St, Kansas, and then @ WVU. Even if they win out, they'll likely have to turn around and beat WVU again in back to back weeks in the Championship game... I don't see any of these teams finishing with less than 2 losses.

Big 10: This is where I think UCF will need some help. Michigan will likely lose another game (they always fall apart this time of year). I think they'll lose @ Penn St this weekend. OSU would have to lose another game (most likely Mich St or Michigan, Championship). They have a terrible loss on the record, but if they win out, they'll get in over UCF. At the big house, Michigan will be a big test for them, and Michigan is past due to win one of these games.

Bama, ND, and Clemson will be in. I personally think OSU will win out and snag that 4th spot... BUT if there is chaos in the Big 10, and OSU and Michigan finish with 2 losses, it will be very interesting to see what the committee does provided UCF wins out.

Would they take a 2 loss P5 champion, or an undefeated UCF who hasn't lost a game in 2 years. I think they would take UCF in that situation, if for no other reason than just to try to prove a point. They know UCF would get destroyed by either Bama or Clemson, and that would shut up the non-P5 teams for awhile.

Imo, it really won't take much chaos for this 2-loss P5 team vs UCF scenario to play out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch the game last night? Eye test and no defense***

Nov 2, 2018, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you watch the game last night? Eye test and no defense***

Nov 2, 2018, 10:30 AM

I did watch the game, and I agree. They have no defense, and I don't think they deserve to be in the playoff. This is just how I see it playing out, and all it would take is a little chaos to put the committee in that situation. Also, Oklahoma has made it a few times with no defense.

I just don't think it's that far-fetched, and would almost certainly prove a point that they don't belong.

Absolutely won't, and shouldn't happen

Nov 2, 2018, 10:20 AM

also Michigan is home against Penn State this weekend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely won't, and shouldn't happen

Nov 2, 2018, 10:23 AM

You're right. I guess all my home/away analysis is backwards due to the way Google shows the games.

When it shows

5 Michigan
14 Penn State

I just figured it was at Penn State.

https://www.google.com/search?q=michigan+football+schedule&oq=michig&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.1365j1j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/0fsb_6;6;/m/012hfxch;mt;fp;1

I believe Michigan

Nov 2, 2018, 10:28 AM

Gets in this year. UCF and USF will be an interesting game however

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.***

Nov 2, 2018, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I posted this in another thread, but their SoS is 127th.

Nov 2, 2018, 10:28 AM

They won't, and shouldn't, make the playoffs. They might give ND or Michigan a game, but Clemson, Bama, UGA, OK, and probably LSU would beat their socks off.

Re: I think UCF has a chance to make the CFP this year (long)

Nov 2, 2018, 10:55 AM

Remember the final rankings last year. UCF was number 12 and had 5 2 loss teams ahead of them and a 3 loss team ahead of them. The committee would pick any 2 loss champion over UCF. UCF had a harder schedule last year and didn't struggle as much. They are just playing for a new years 6 bowl. Nothing more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think UCF has a chance to make the CFP this year (long)

Nov 2, 2018, 12:04 PM

Yes, they have a chance;
Slim, and none, and you know the rest!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic