Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think The FSU and Clemson fans are being "Played" on B12
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I think The FSU and Clemson fans are being "Played" on B12

Jun 2, 2012, 7:17 AM

Clemson and/or FSU may be shopping or playing to leave the ACC, but I am starting to get the feeling that this is a big bunch of nothing….

What is the one thing that has occurred during these rumors?.......It has taken the typical college football fans from around the nation during an extremely slow period and have had these same fans glued to TV, radios shows, college fan websites and the purchasing of sports magazines to be part of the process!...And that is how we are being played! The Expansion talk is great media and to a degree I think we are being played. Look how much time we have spent here just on this subject!

I just don’t see how Clemson and FSU can both get enough help from the Big 12 Members to assist with 40 million dollars of buyout money to the ACC…FSU is flat broke and I don’t think Clemson is in a hurry to come up with that kinda of loot with the money that they are throwing to coaches and facility…Also, the more I keep reading all this TV money stuff, I am just not as convinced the net financial gain is there.

The Big 12 would be great to have Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and WVU on the schedule, but I am having an increasingly hard time seeing that occur….

I think the most like think will be for the ACC to try to win the Notre Dame Sweepstakes and try to reel in one more school like a Louisville and have a 16 team “mega conference”...This makes the most sense even if it is not what the fan bases from both schools want to see happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I don't think so. I think serious consideration is being

Jun 2, 2012, 7:29 AM

given to a move to the BIG 12 by the powers that can actually make the decision. I think many on here have sources, which are indirect, but nonetheless sources that lead them to believe that. But, no one, at this point in time, who has a direct source( father,brother, wife,husband,business partner,etc)is going to come on here and post it. They would have too much respect for the trust they had been given. Now, some people, may want information to get out, so they let it slip as an aside and that person may tell a close friend such as The Dude,or whoever.

It wont be long before we know........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the Dude is acting as Oliver Luck's messenger

Jun 2, 2012, 8:24 AM

It is no secret that the Dude says his contacts are in the WVA admin. Luck is currently not in the B12, so he could be involved and allow the B12 plausible deniability. So, I find it reasonable that the Dude's tweets are being used to further the WVA agenda.
It has been said that Swofford was very unprofessional toward Luck when WVA tried to get in the ACC. If I was Luck, I would want some eastern teams in the B12. If he helps steal FSU & CU from the ACC, then he gets to laugh in Swoffie's face.

Message was edited by: Wyndie®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud Man ... One of the most sensible posts I've ever read

Jun 2, 2012, 12:29 PM [ in reply to I don't think so. I think serious consideration is being ]

on T-Net.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think The FSU and Clemson fans are being "Played" on B12

Jun 2, 2012, 7:29 AM

I asked a few days ago what was the ROI for the 20 mil, and was told it has been answered, and my reading comprehension was bad. A-hole at his finest. The know-it-alls won't answer any questions. They just tell you how stupid you are that you actually asked a question. When 20 mil is involved, I ask questions - and lots of them. Maybe the know-it-alls have 20 mil lying around in their accounts that they're going to pony up to allow us to jump out of the ACC. Yeh - right. I doubt they have 20 dollars with their know-it-all mentality.

Good luck with your post. Somebody will remind you that all of this has been explained, and you're as bad at reading comprehension as I am. :)

Oh..I think the Blind Desire To Leave Clouds One's Vision

Jun 2, 2012, 7:36 AM

Look, I hate the ACC and want to leave..I want new teams and to be divorced of the Tobacco Mafia....I am just not seeing it...I am sure one of the learned people with not only tell me how stupid I am, but also based on the official information that is out their explain to me how I am wrong....

All I know is FSU is running a 2.9 Million Dollar Deficit in their Athletic Dept and a whopping 100 MILLION Deficit in the Academic side!...

At the very Minimum I can see is FSU leaves with the help of the Big12 on the buyout with the addition of Notre Dame, but I just am not seeing out Clemson and FSU both get help from the B12 on the buyout.....

I believe the answer to that is we wouldn't have to ante up

Jun 2, 2012, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I think The FSU and Clemson fans are being "Played" on B12 ]

the whole $20m. At most, I think we would be willing to pay half of that. If the B12 isn't going to help in a major way, we wouldn't be thinking of making a move. JMO, but I don't see us coughing up $20m to leave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think your view is reasonable to a point...

Jun 2, 2012, 7:52 AM

The thing that worries me is that FSU's BOT & Clemson's BOT have both spoken, and it's clear that neither school is happy in the ACC. That much is fact.

It's because of the BOT people that I'm worried. Because once FSU & Clemson leave, if they leave, then the rest of the ACC might unravel.

What tv media has discussed it. The only place hI have seen.

Jun 2, 2012, 7:54 AM

It mentioned is twitter and message boards. Local news has briefly mentioned the rumors when TDP or bot made a statement.

I think we are either playing with the acc to get a bigger cut and better deal but don't think the acc will play along. So bc of that we are out and going to big 12. The big 12 will help with at least half of the buyout and each team will owe 10mil over a certain period which could easily be paid over a couple yrs with the additional money that will be made. If the 20 mil is not reduced which is possible.

Jun 2, 2012, 8:00 AM

Maybe FSU and Clemson are being played,but it still all revolves around the idea of 4 superconferences with the 4 winners playing for the national championship.
Currently most scenarios have those 4 superconferences as being the Pac 10,the Big 10,the Big 12 and the SEC.
All four of these superconferences will need a minimun of 12 teams(2 divisions of at least 6 teams )resulting in a championship game with the 4 winners being seeded in a NC game playoff.
Now if this happens the ACC could be left out.
The best thing that could help the ACC would be the addition of both Penn State ,and Notre Dame.
But Penn State has said they will not leave the Big 10(and why should they) and if Notre Dame is somehow forced into aliging with a conference to be a part of that playoff system ,then geographically the Big 10 would be more suited for Notre Dame,and not the ACC.
Also what happens if the SEC makes a move to get a North Carolina school(s),or even Virginia for the tv markets.
I will agree with you that way too much time has been spent on this subject.And I am as guilty as anyone else.And a lot of it is just rumor and speculation.
But it all has come to this,IMO, as a result of one game,the National Championship game this past season between LSU,and Alabama.
No way Bama should have been in that game.But that's what happened when Stanford,Oregon and OK.State lost late ,and ESPN holds all the cards with their SEC contract.
Maybe this is nothing.Maybe the conferences take another look at expansion,or even how a new NC scenario can be played out with the current BCS,and the Traditional Bowl games(Orange,Sugar,Rose,Fiesta,and maybe a new improved Cotton Bowl).
Still, Clemson needs to stay proactive in it's dialogues with the Big 12,the ACC,FSU,maybe even Miami.
The ACC also needs to stay on top of things and hope that a Clemson,an FSU,a Miami,or N.C.State don't jump ship.
The last thing that neither Clemson ,or the ACC needs is to be watered down ,and left out of any NC scenario(s).

Good post...I agree***

Jun 2, 2012, 8:06 AM

On Getting PSU and Notre Dame...

Jun 2, 2012, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I think The FSU and Clemson fans are being "Played" on B12 ]

I agree that would be the best case scenario that would make the ACC pretty attractive. But I heard yesterday that the B1G is paying out around 25 million to each school for 2001, which is about 5 million more than the SEC...That B1G Network is a cash cow.

to think PSU is coming to the ACC is laughable

Jun 2, 2012, 8:32 AM

they would never consider leave the B1G for the ACC...never. Why are you going to leave one of the big 4 leagues...in fact one of the Big 2 with the SEC imho and come to the little brother. PSU has no basketball focus at all...they aren't good just about every year. They are a football school. They aren't going anywhere. This is as bad as the guy saying the SEC wants us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I sort of said that..No Way they give up 25 mil***

Jun 2, 2012, 8:34 AM

I agree with you....I've seen one person after another

Jun 2, 2012, 8:43 AM

somehow believe the ACC is going to raid another conference...that's a total joke...you might as well spend your time chasing the end of rainbows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh..I think the Blind Desire To Leave Clouds One's Vision

Jun 2, 2012, 8:20 AM

Wouldnt they help us with the tex'am and mizzou money from when they left?

why would they "get played" here as you say....

Jun 2, 2012, 8:29 AM

the smokescreen of possibly leaving creates leverage for change that Clemson and FSU might be asking for with the ACC....the smokescreen of change makes other ACC schools very nervous to prompt change...the smokescreen of change does nothing but good for Clemson.

I think Dabo

Jun 2, 2012, 8:33 AM

is right and we will eventually get to 64 top tier teams that play for the NC and the rest play for a lesser NC. You see the football powers in conferences wanting a bigger share of the revenue over the conferences members that do not put much emphasis on football and rarely go to bowls -ie Duke, Vandy, Kentucky, etc.

You can see the rumblings in all the conferences about this because football comprises 75% - 80% of the revenue. I think we might even get back 8 eight team conferences.

Jun 2, 2012, 8:33 AM

I think joining the big 12 is a mistake. Just win games as a conference and the money will be there. Our conference has never done well and Clemson hasn't done anything to speak of either until recently. We aren't where we want to be, even though we do see glimpses of greatness, we don't win all the games we should win. If we do that, good things will happen to us.

Jun 2, 2012, 11:08 AM

If I win the lottery tonight. Without a doubt I would give up 10 mil of Clemson's 20 for 4 choice seats in the south stands.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Clemson...But 10 Million?...Whew..

Jun 2, 2012, 11:35 AM

There had better be lifetime season tickets, premier parking, 50 YL Skybox, dinner with Dabo once a week, etc...

Here is another "link" that Proves my point:

Jun 2, 2012, 1:11 PM

http://gameolosophy.com/games/sports/total-club-manager/big-xii-shocker/

This one says the Big 12 As extended invitations to Clemson, FSU, Miami and Notre Dame...

Sure it would be cool, but you would think something like that would be "official" rather than yet another joker making up stuff to get then to check out their site...

Haha it's always been a bunch of nothing...

Jun 2, 2012, 1:56 PM

Haha it's always been a bunch of nothing. Y'all just chose to latch onto some internet rumor because a few people on a message board who claim to have "inside sources" (what a joke) spoon fed you make believe stories about some greener pastures, and y'all ate it up. Have no one to blame but yourselves.

Wonder why Clemson formed an advisory committee?

Jun 2, 2012, 3:39 PM

The formation of such should put everyone on alert that Clemson is not playing games or joking about the coming changes in NCAA football. That action coupled with the BOT's and athletic departments avoidance of affirming a commitment to the ACC shows there is interest in something other than Clemson being in a 'head in the sand,' position.

This is not evidence that we are changing conferences. It is not evidence that we are making demands or expecting radical changes in the ACC but it is evidence that we are proactive and intend not to let others dictate where and how we do the business of football.

Now as for the rumors and 'insider information,' there is no way to verify or refute either. As far as I'm concerned they are just entertainment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic