Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Sunday Teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,171

Aug 31, 2008, 3:27 PM

Quick notes and quotes from the Clemson coach's regular Sunday session with the media.
Tommy Bowden Teleconference, Windows Media, (15:41)
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listening to this is really making me angry.

Aug 31, 2008, 3:37 PM

And yet I still do it. I guess that makes me the idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why they keep CTB hanging around...

Aug 31, 2008, 3:58 PM

"A total of 58,134 season tickets were sold for the 2008 Tiger football season..."

The most season tickets ever sold at Clemson. Our current adminstration could care less about a non conference loss to Alabama.

This game meant nothing to CTB; he is more focused on playing for the conference championship in one of the worst years for the ACC. We will be lucky if we are in the top 25 after 4 weeks.

Re: Listening to this is really making me angry.

Aug 31, 2008, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Listening to this is really making me angry. ]

there is a Hooters in Spartanburg that will help ease the pain. The wings are great, and the breasts are outstanding.

Re: Listening to this is really making me angry.

Sep 1, 2008, 3:55 AM [ in reply to Listening to this is really making me angry. ]

yeah and TDP and you and I...

I think it's time for Terry Don, and Tommy and James Barker to ride off into the sunset.

All three of them, "thanks for your service", "Thank you for all you have done for Clemson" And Have a nice retirement on Lake Keowee, please visit CU along with Danny Ford and about in the same level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Why does Tommy always try to change the subject?

Aug 31, 2008, 3:57 PM

After a bad loss Tommy always try to change the subject to another team that has experienced a bad loss! It made me so mad that he made it a point to bring up the Stanford upset over USC last year. That was last year and it has nothing to do with last nights loss. Why even bring it up?

Did tommy say that we are USC and Bama is Stanford?

Aug 31, 2008, 4:07 PM

hahahaha. Did he really do that?

Re: Did tommy say that we are USC and Bama is Stanford?

Aug 31, 2008, 4:12 PM

He didnt say it exactly like that. I think he was just trying to make everyone realize that the best of the best get beat. Trying to tell us fans "that expect to much from him" that even Pete Carrol gets beat. I dont know about you but i am ready to see him pi$$ed off after a loss. Stop talking about other teams and make our players understand how much it means for them to lose a game like that!

It's a simple refusal to take responsibility for anything

Aug 31, 2008, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Why does Tommy always try to change the subject? ]

hell everyone loses why are you questioning me?

Toughness hasn't been questioned the past 3 years?

Sep 1, 2008, 8:49 PM

Only when we play a smashmouth team like BC or VT and get blown off of both lines while our defenders proceed to bounce off the opposing team's running backs like rain drops on a duck's back.

Tommy, just say, "It's my fault. I did not prepare the players like they should have been prepared to play."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: He did actually say at one point...

Sep 2, 2008, 3:19 AM

...that he didn't have the team prepared. But it is still pointless to draw all the comaprisons and other such bull that he says after we get whipped. I agree that the comment about not having the teams toughness questioned in 3 years was way off. That may have been one of the most ridiculous things he has ever said in front of the mic.

I think TDP needs to give him a raise-lol

Sep 2, 2008, 12:21 PM

Its hard to see it but all this talk is just going to gaive him a raise and a longer contract!

Re: Tommy Bowden Sunday Teleconference

Sep 3, 2008, 3:22 PM

Tommy and Spence said they did "all they could do" to prepare us for the bama game. If that is true then why the heck did he immediately call Saban after the game and ask for advice on how he did it? Then he proceded to call the virginia tech head coach and ask how they bounced back last year. He then compared us to USC and Virginia tech. Last time I checked Virginia tech did win the acc and I hope we do that but they also got stomped by LSU, still lost to BC in the regular season and then Lost their only other ranked OOC game in the Orange bowl.... We are NOT virginia tech and it is NOT ok to get stomped that badly in the first game. I would not be that upset if it was a good game and we still lost but come on we got drilled. Admit you could have done more and are at leat a bit responsible for what happened. Man up and stop being a little girl. And Don't get me started on the whole Nelson F. thing. Stop playing seniors just because of their age and "experience" and start playing your talent.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,171
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic