Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Hypocrisy of Fandom...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,085

The Hypocrisy of Fandom...

Feb 4, 2018, 1:30 PM

The recruitment of Zion Williamson and Justyn Ross got me to thinking. We, as fans, only see the “correctness” of a player’s decision as it applies to us.

I’ve seen it written that Zion will no longer be welcome in the state of South Carolina because the fan bases of Clemson and South Carolina view him as a traitor.

Then, I read that in order for Justyn Ross to be able to live in peace in Alabama...which would not be possible if he chose Alabama or Auburn...he should pick us.

Two exact situations. But, totally rationalized differently by us fans.

What do y’all think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think SCar sucks.

Feb 4, 2018, 1:37 PM

Next question.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Hypocrisy of all College Admissions

Feb 4, 2018, 1:53 PM

So I have a niece that applied to Clemson from VA. Good grades, 3.9 avg, good ACT's, got into U of Florida and SC but not Clemson. Clemson was her favorite. She cried when turned down. Now she hates on Clemson at least on Facebook and with her Gamecock friends.

To depersonalize it, there are tens of thousands of kids every year who apply to Clemson, SC, Auburn, Bama, UGA, UF, Fla St, Ole Miss, TN, NCSU and more. They are open minded about where they go based on where they are accepted and where they can afford to go in-state and out of state. Some schools make it easier for in-state applicants - some for out of state. Then these kids make a decision, and they spend four to five years to a lifetime hating on every other school. It's hypocritical, it's the human condition, and it's the go-to approach for most. Still we all survive and at Clemson we thrive. So go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic