Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My biggest issue with last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 769

My biggest issue with last night

Mar 15, 2014, 11:05 AM

was rebounding.

We let duke out rebound us by a good bit. Duke is not a very big team and we should have ruled the glass.

I kept thinking during the game if we had Big book he would have had 30 and 15 with the lack of post presence by duke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My biggest issue was last night is lousy refs. How in the

Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 AM

world can you be your most aggressive rebounding when you know you're going to be whistled for every slight push or tug and you can be hammered by your opponent and nothing be called. If you played basketball you would understand those calls make a huge difference; especially the final seconds of the game. To blame it on rebounding, well ok. But to not see the obvious disparity in officiating ruins your validity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest issue was last night is lousy refs. How in the

Mar 15, 2014, 11:16 AM

How does that effect our guys not rebounding?? They hardly called fouls on the rebounds. Most fouls were on the guy on the ball handler.

GT beat us on the boards as well.. That is what has hurt us the past few days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, rebounding was the difference in the game.

Mar 15, 2014, 11:16 AM

We gave Duke too many second (and third) chance shots. Rebound better and maybe we would have had a comfortable lead at the end. But, then the ACC refs would still have been on the floor to save the devils no matter what we would have done. And no need to call me paranoid. I've seen this crap for 40 years. As they say, "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Rebounding Has Been Our Weekness

Mar 15, 2014, 11:25 AM

this season. It will get better with the big guys getting stronger and better. I like the direction our inside men are going - better overall players and athletic.

Trevor B. was the best in recent history. J. Mays was a hard competitor but had hands of stone and even played his senior year in a cast. J. Grant was struggling until BB came for his senior season. The two guys last season......arrgh....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We really are a small team that plays overall.***

Mar 15, 2014, 11:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Free throw shooting let us down last night. 14-21 while

Mar 15, 2014, 11:36 AM

Duke goes 16-18.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 769
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic