»
Topic: I think Muse and Simmons should switch positions
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 10, 2018 4:29 PM by: CoolBreeze864
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

I think Muse and Simmons should switch positions

[3]
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 2:18 PM

Simmons has way better eye discipline and ball skills, while Muse is a liability in the secondary. Muse is perfect for being a hybrid linebacker for runs and short passes. Am I missing something here? If so please explain it to me.

Re: I think Muse and Simmons should switch positions

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 2:30 PM

Agreed!

2019 student level member

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 3:27 PM

Need a lot of discipline to play that SAM position. You want to go back to struggling with GT again?

I'm going to trust the coaches on this one. BV seems to know what he's doing. We ask a lot of that SAM/Nickel position and it's probably going to take a bit for Simmons to truly feel like he has a grasp on all the little nuances.

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 3:42 PM

I think Simmons plays it well but I feel like Muse is a liability at safety. I'll rather Muse to have blown coverage of 10 yards with safety help rather than 25 yards at safety.

[1]
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 3:59 PM

That's a fair point. I do think he'll get better as the year goes on.

Also, if the refs do their job and call holding when it happens, I think our secondary as a whole will look much much better than they did Saturday night.

I'm really glad we were able to pull off the win Saturday, and we should be able to get some of the younger guys some experience to create some depth in the next few games.

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 4:03 PM

Yeah if the refs actually called holding correctly it's a 20+ point win.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 4:15 PM

Muse was not even on the field hardly at all in the 4th quarter on a&m scoring drives( including the one that was a touchback). Muse is not the issue. Name a play that he gave up a catch on Saturday night. I doubt you will very many.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 4:19 PM

I'll have to rewatch it tonight but if I remember correctly he was beat on a long play, but the ball was overthrown. It's not just Saturdays game he gets beat consistently.

Muse struggled, and got replaced by Denzel Johnson

[1]
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 4:29 PM

later in the game. He might be in the BV's doghouse because he was out of position quite often early in the game.

Why was Simmons spinning in circles on the pylon play?***

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 4:25 PM

2019 orange level member

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: Selling 5 tickets in lower level UK, Section N, Seats 2,4,6,8,10 for $500 dollars or best offer. Sea...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1153 people have read this post