Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Jack Leggett is a better coach than Tommy Bowden.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I think Jack Leggett is a better coach than Tommy Bowden.

Apr 1, 2013, 6:19 PM

But the situation right now reminds me a little bit of the TB era. JL isn't going to flame out and make it an obvious choice for an AD to dismiss him, much like TB always seemed to win just enough to hang around for what was far too long.

JL doesn't, however, appear to have the program at the same level that it once was, and I guess he's a victim of his own success to some extent. I think it's entirely possible that if he were to be let go, we could end up with a worse situation. However, his recent habit of losing to USC and of losing more than we used to in the ACC has caused many of us, myself included, to not feel as confident in him as we once did. I'd kind of like him to leave for another opportunity, and then bring in someone a little younger to see if the new coach could maybe spark something.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he can be a victim of his own success...

Apr 1, 2013, 6:31 PM

because he took over a great program. But I also think Leggett is a very good coach. Recruiting is the key.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But how many games have you been to this year?

Apr 1, 2013, 6:32 PM

If you don't go to every game your opinion is not valid here.

-Tigernet special followers

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was watching a Bowden Family powwow discussion last

Apr 1, 2013, 6:58 PM

night during the rain delay, all the Bowden boys pouring over mind numbing topics like "how to treat a problem player" and I found myself staring at Tommy's smug face thinking how glad I am that era of Tiger football is over.

Re: I was watching a Bowden Family powwow discussion last

Apr 1, 2013, 7:03 PM

Tommy is doing well I hope. Did so much for Clemson. Can't believe he came and had to recruit with metal lockers for so long. He did a good job.

He looks well, Orpride. You can rest easy. He had that same

Apr 1, 2013, 7:15 PM

couldn't care less, getting paid to do this either way look on his face Clemson fans got used to the last few years.

Re: He looks well, Orpride. You can rest easy. He had that same

Apr 1, 2013, 7:18 PM

Ha. I know he is doing well. I am glad.

Re: I think Jack Leggett is a better coach than Tommy Bowden.

Apr 1, 2013, 7:10 PM

They both make excuses, and the fans make them for them also.

Wow, what a compliment!

Apr 1, 2013, 7:39 PM

I think Brad Brownell is a better coach that Bowden. At least he understands the sport he is supposed to be teaching.

Apr 1, 2013, 7:40 PM

Haven't followed Clemson baseball for too long but I would say most of it is because of the rise of SC. Very few teams have not made a habit of losing to SC over the last four years. However, since they have won the national championships, anything less is unacceptable on this board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

You're an Idiot

Apr 1, 2013, 7:51 PM

Jack may be a little washed up but top 15 in wins since he's been here and multiple cws appearances. Never compare a turd like tommy to jack.

Stupid comparison. Jack is killing a great program, TB took

Apr 1, 2013, 8:01 PM

over a program already at rock bottom. TB's faults were smugness, never effectively replaced RichRod, and we were soft. Jack is smug and arrogant. Dabo is soft and will live and die based on his coordinators more than most coaches, like TB.

Re: Wow! fire everyone!

Apr 1, 2013, 8:12 PM

Since you think so highly of our coaches, are you perhaps on the wrong site?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Apr 1, 2013, 8:14 PM

First off,why would Jack leave for another opportunity unless he thought he had taken Clemson as far as he could?
That,imo, is what happened with Purnell.He took Clemson as far as he could and he knew it.Tommy,on the other hand just failed to make changes to the coaching staff.Loyality,to a fault was Tommy's problem.
Jack ,on the other hand is not a victim of his own success.He has allways recruited ,and coached the same way.Jack loves small ball.
But teams like South Carolina,Virginia,UNC,are beating Jack with long ball power hitting line ups.And they are beating Jack's predominate right handed hitters with a heavy dose of left handed pitching.
Jack needs to rethink recruiting,or he may leave Radakovich with the same decision Terry Don had with Tommy Bowden.

Let's just hope that this AD doesn't give him a big new

Apr 1, 2013, 8:37 PM

contract with a very large buyout THEN decide several months later to let him go. 'Cause that was one seriously dumb move!

TB improved the program, JL maintained the program. Both

Apr 1, 2013, 9:45 PM

IMO stayed too long.

Apr 1, 2013, 9:46 PM

TB took over an program in bad shape and improved it. I cant say the same about Jack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic