Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:00 PM

Half of them couldn't get through high school much less make it to a good college so they just picked out a university to pull for. Instead of having real allegiance to 'their,' school it becomes easy to cheer for a conference, especially when their 'favorite,' team sucks.

Yeah mutts, I'm addressing you and your feathered barnyard buddies too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:26 PM

you might want to look at how many on this site graduated from Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 5:35 PM

Why don't you give us a percentage of how many on this site graduated from Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

I would bet good money that Clemson has more graduate/fans than Carolina.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:41 PM

No doubt. I mean unless all those fans they DIDNT have just 6 Years ago suddenly decided to get college degrees.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson grad roll call.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

1 here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Clemson grad roll call.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:49 PM

One here. Also Tiger Band member.

Tiger Band 70-74

Fellow tiger band member, only 30 years apart!***

Aug 24, 2014, 8:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 5:35 PM

I would much rather have fans that didn't go to my school than elitist snobs like you. And by the way I graduated from SC . Don't need a degree to be a fan. Followed them since I was born, just like a lot of my SC and CU buddies that didn't go to either .

Aug 24, 2014, 5:40 PM

How does a person follow any school when they are first born?

;)

Come on, you know what I mean.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:42 PM

Born into an SC family, was going to games before I could spell

Re: Come on, you know what I mean.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:43 PM

I knew what you meant. The reason for the ;)

Then you have a lot in common with your football players.***

Aug 24, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Come on, you know what I mean. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying you're not an SEC fan?

Aug 24, 2014, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

If you're one of those USuCk fans who actually hate the guys handing your ### to you year after year then I may have some respect for you.

Sympathy is the word you're looking for.***

Aug 24, 2014, 8:46 PM

Glad you comprehend an SC degree is far from elite.***

Aug 24, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I actually agree with you here

Aug 24, 2014, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

I did not graduate from Clemson (UNC-C grad), but was born into a Clemson family.

I have had season tickets for 20+ years. I am pretty sure the thousands of dollars that I have given the athletic dept over the years that support Clemson is not any less appreciated if it came from me or a graduate of Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't go around bragging about "graduating" from USuC.***

Aug 24, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

Aug 24, 2014, 5:48 PM

The only way to understand an SEC fan thinking, is to be an idiot also....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WELL, I NEVER!!!***

Aug 24, 2014, 5:53 PM

Re: WELL, I NEVER!!!***

Aug 24, 2014, 8:04 PM

:)

Aug 24, 2014, 5:56 PM

My yard man is a huge Clemson fan- he looks really rough, teeth knocked out by a chainsaw (so he told me, I think they just fell out) , and he may or may not have graduated from high school but dang that guy knows the game, and the tigers!

Yeah, but he doesn't chant ACCACCACC I bet.

Aug 24, 2014, 10:20 PM

Unless of course he's like the rest of us and just taunting the SEC homers.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:03 PM

Who do you think pays for these programs? You think alumni dollars keep these programs? Its not. It is the Mechanic, the logger, the plumber that goes out and buys a Clemson hat or a Clemson tag for his pickup. You think that lady that works at the gas station graduated from Clemson? No. she didn't, but she paid 60 bucks for that Clemson shirt she has on. That is who pays for big time football. Also, without those fans, you could forget your games being on tv.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:21 PM

Ok, I'll answer this.

I graduated from UGA.
It's the only school I cheer for, even through I love a good college football game no matter the school. I don't like soccer (not relevant but just for the record). I don't cheer, exactly, for the SEC. Think Auburn cheers for Alabama, ever?

I respect other traditions and fans,such as:

1. Clemson entrance into DV and Howard's Rock.
2. Auburn's "Tiger" flight into Jordan-Haire
3. The dotting of the eye by the Ohio State band.
4. Chief Osceola and the flaming spear

UGA, a very a very good academic school rated just as high as Clemson, has a lot of fans that couldn't get in. Some of them are even rednecks. Ok, a lot of them. So what? Glad to have them. Aren't you glad to have fans that WISH they could get into Clemson, and admire the school.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:25 PM

Sorry for typos! Eye? Jeez. I'm typing on my phone and it did that automatically. I swear.

I went to UGA in the '80s. They DID take everybody back then! I wouldn't get in today.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

My buddy an Auburn grad cheered for bama against nd because of the sec logic and cult mentality. I couldn't believe it when he said it.

That's the point Dwag.

Aug 24, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm beginning to understand SEC fans. ]

Clemson fans don't pull for the conference like the SEC school's fans.

Re: well day um guess I need to ditch my clemson gear

Aug 24, 2014, 6:21 PM

I had to settle for lil ol PC. Should I just start cheering Acc! Since I don't have any real tie to CU?

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

You an SEC fan?

Aug 24, 2014, 10:24 PM

Then I wasn't addressing you.

Did you have a lobotomy?***

Aug 24, 2014, 8:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How the hail did the original post offend any Clemson Fans?

Aug 24, 2014, 10:27 PM

It was about SEC fans.

DIng DIng DIng, WINNER!***

Aug 25, 2014, 6:44 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic