Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fashion advice for you guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 400

Fashion advice for you guys

Apr 24, 2019, 2:07 PM

https://www.outsideonline.com/2393650/bluebird-backcountry-inbounds-skiing

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale sheet, wrong article....this one is the Fashion Advice

Apr 24, 2019, 2:07 PM

https://www.outsideonline.com/2394182/patagonia-fleece-vest-wall-street-controversy

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gayer than 2 doods blowing each other***

Apr 24, 2019, 2:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is? fleece vests?

Apr 24, 2019, 2:18 PM

I'll still rock a puffy vest (like it's 1998, apparently)...

Puffy is OK

Apr 24, 2019, 2:20 PM

under another layer.

Fleece is out. I've been meaning to get a new one, guess I will re-evaluate my style now.

I have one that I sometimes wear, but it's firmly in the

Apr 24, 2019, 2:22 PM

"junk clothes that I'm about to #### up" category....and even then, I don't really like wearing it.

Found another old(er) one a month or two ago in a closet, and it went into the goodwill pile immediately.

wear a puffy under a top layer?? you cray, boo

I don't know the temperature diplay thingy says in your area

Apr 24, 2019, 2:33 PM

of the world, but mine says it's 88 degrees here today.

Puffy vests? Unless Patagonia is making salt water proof nylon shorts, why would you have any use for them for the next 5-6 months?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't.

Apr 24, 2019, 2:35 PM

what?

2 things

Apr 24, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I don't know the temperature diplay thingy says in your area ]

Patagonia Baggies are what you are looking for. Invest in 5-6 pairs, never wear any other shorts again.

2nd...the weather does change sometimes. Winter can get nippy. But you are "arguing" nothing by talking about today's weather.

Think you'll need a fleece vest for teh next few months?

Apr 24, 2019, 2:54 PM

It won;t change that much, except to get hotter.

And I'm not 11 years old.I don't wear shorts with elastic in the waist. I'm fat enough all ready--I don't need any help looking even fatter.

r/JesusChristIneligible

Apr 24, 2019, 3:31 PM

a subreddit for arguing with the dense

I hope you enjoy your fashionable fleece in july***

Apr 24, 2019, 3:35 PM

Where in goatfuckinghell did I say I would be rocking a

Apr 24, 2019, 3:39 PM

fashionable fleece in July?

Why are you giving fleece advice in April?

Apr 24, 2019, 3:41 PM

And man, you are wound tighter than an 8 day clock.

Simma down.

@Crump, please remind me in 6 months to post the

Apr 24, 2019, 3:50 PM

article that I didn't write so that I can align my posts with the seasons in South Carolina.

It would make more sense.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:52 PM

Hey here's an article for the best ski jackets for 2019.

WEATHER CHANGES DON'T YOU KNOW THAT?

https://www.theadventurejunkies.com/best-ski-jacket/

@Crump, please remind Ineligible to post this article in

Apr 24, 2019, 3:54 PM

6 months when we all can actually use it. Thanks!

I don't understand what's happening.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I hope you enjoy your fashionable fleece in july*** ]

has anyone (other than @Ineligible said anything about wearing fleece/puffy vests in warm weathers?

I think I have an orange Clemson fleece vest in my

Apr 24, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Puffy is OK ]

coat closet that I got 4 or 5 years ago. I also think I wore it once, maybe twice. Turns out, vests are kind of dumb, because if it's cold enough for a vest, why would I want my arms to be cold?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see why you would think that.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:25 PM

I mean, YOU don't need the freedom of movement a vest provides because YOU aren't going around throat-punching people. I, on the other hand, have learned to deal with cold arms at the price of dispensing pain all over this land.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howler Brothers Rounder vest.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to what is? fleece vests? ]

Especially when it comes off the clearance rack for $45 US American dollars.

https://howlerbros.com/products/rounder-vest-fall-2018

just picked up Howler Bros #### this weekend...

Apr 24, 2019, 3:14 PM

almost didn't because of the label on the pocket that just says "B.R.O.S."....but then I did, soooo

https://howlerbros.com/products/h-bar-b-tech-shirt-bolan

lol, *shiRt***

Apr 24, 2019, 3:15 PM

WE'RE SHIRT BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 24, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to just picked up Howler Bros #### this weekend... ]

I have the red AND the blue one. That clearance rack at Patriot Jack's Outfitters was le explosionne.

where is this magical place?

Apr 24, 2019, 3:22 PM

(i didn't buy it, but) more monies was paid for it than what the MSRP on the site

One on Kings Mountain, NC and one in Huntersville, NC.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:28 PM

I went to Kings Mountain because I saw they had a deal on the vest and lo and behold, the shirts were an extra bonus of being on the clearance rack. All three for $100 and tax.

https://patriotjacks.com/

I think B.R.O.S. Bros might be more accurate***

Apr 24, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to WE'RE SHIRT BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]

I saw some howler bros gear somewhere recently

Apr 24, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Howler Brothers Rounder vest. ]

SeeWee oupost maybe? I don't recall.

Prolly there. I think Halfmoon carries it too.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:32 PM

If i'm spending that much retail i'll just order Filson stuff.

I dig their stuff. Some of it is cut for skinny millennials

Apr 24, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to I saw some howler bros gear somewhere recently ]

but the stuff that fits me absolutely rocks. I discovered it because Andy Stepanian and Chase Heard from the Wrinkle Neck Mules own the company, and they freaking rock EXTRA hard.

https://youtu.be/bsp29TAN1Rs

https://youtu.be/kDtasuo0GJ8

https://youtu.be/2LKLbphhJ4I

The guy who owns Seewee is normally about 3-6 months

Apr 24, 2019, 3:40 PM

early on clothes like that. I asked him how he always finds that kinda stuff before it gets well known, he said a lot of times the company will come to him.

Thinking of Sewee Outpost..tomorrow is Meatloaf sammich day...I many get up there for lunch.

Joonyer was in the business for a while, and yeah...small

Apr 24, 2019, 3:45 PM

manufacturers like that will have a pretty comprehensive list of those type stores and spend time trying to open an account. Once you get to be a Columbia, Nike, Under Armour size outfit then the retailers will beat your door down. It's a funny business and small lines like Howler Bros come and go very quickly.

They pretty much put Flood Tide on the map

Apr 24, 2019, 3:53 PM

so to speak...they don't even sell them now. Reps quit showing up.

Weird.

That is weird, because small manufacturers will at least

Apr 24, 2019, 3:56 PM

show up and do a trunk show once or twice a year to keep an account open. They'll usually spend a day in-store and give away a few t-shirts/hats, and a LOT of stickers and koozies.

I'm not sure who sells them now.

Apr 24, 2019, 4:02 PM

They were also in Palmetto Moon for a while, but I didn't see them the other day when i was in there.

They had a "garage sale" last fall at their office in West Ashley when they were moving to their new location on all their stuff they had left over, old designs etc they sold for almost nothing. I picked up a few T shirts and a hat like this:

on the cheap.

They have, or had, some pretty cool looking stuff.

I'd never heard of them, but Googled it and they seem to be

Apr 24, 2019, 4:17 PM

the typical outdoor fashion start-up with basically just t-shirts and hats. If a small line can catch some fire and expand their offering beyond that with outerwear and the like then they have a chance at long-term survival. If they don't, then they're typically gone in a few years. It's a tough business.

I've seen 3 or 4 start-ups around here that can get their stuff in stores for a few counties around and then they hit the wall because retailers are inundated with calls to stock limited lines from manufacturers like that. Joonyer worked for Heybo, and even though they manage to stay barely afloat, they can't really get traction beyond the Carolinas.

The problem they have in my opinion is that they started out aiming at the jacked-up pickup truck-driving white trash country boy chic demographic. I've actually heard the owner say he wished he had taken a different tack when he started out. Those kids don't spend for upgraded quality later on and and eventually outgrow that look, but they'll dang sure slap a giant Heybo sticker in the back window of their truck when they're 22 years old.

I think Huk started out like that as well

Apr 24, 2019, 4:46 PM

than took a hard right at some point to be more legitimate. They seem to have done it, from what I see.

There are probably 4-5 of those kind of t-shirt and hat designers down there. Free Fly, Flood Tide, Marshwear, and a another few out of NC like Cape Fear etc that might make it, but for those, there are probably 10 more that won't. Palmetto Moon used to be a pretty good place to catch some of those, but since they got sold they have cut down on almost everything.

according to their website, Howler Bros is NOT one of the

Apr 24, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Joonyer was in the business for a while, and yeah...small ]

brands Patriot Jack's carries (anymore?) Maybe that's why they were on clearance....

I know that Bink's Outfitters in Franklin TN has a bunch....that WEREN'T included on their hella good spring sale. I was gonna buy it at 50% off, found out at cashier it wasn't included, and I was all lik "put it back bro, ain't paying $89 for dat ish"....then FiL was all lik "put it with my stuff, i got u fam"

and here we are...B.R.O.S. Bros

I've been in Bink's a few times.***

Apr 24, 2019, 4:00 PM

i assumed as much***

Apr 24, 2019, 4:02 PM

You know guys who are concerned about fashion?

Apr 24, 2019, 4:23 PM

You need to take up fishing and other hetro activities. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll only offer up one fashion tip for everyone

Apr 24, 2019, 4:53 PM

Cut the sleeves off of your PFG shirts. I wish I would have done it years ago, now as soon as one of my new ones starts showing some age, the sleeves come off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 400
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic