Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The effects of Trumpism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 745

The effects of Trumpism

Nov 28, 2018, 12:43 PM

Today, through a tweet, the President of the United States accused

2 former Presidents
2 former Attorney Generals
an acting Deputy Attorney General
a former Director of National Intelligence
a newly elected Congress woman
and 2 former FBI Directors

of Treason without a shred of evidence.

And Trump supporters like it.

We are at a sorry state in our history.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was a tawdry tweet***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that was a tawdry tweet***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:49 PM

It's a Trump retweet which is really the same thing. He likes it and approves of it. There is no difference really.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, a tangent question....

Nov 28, 2018, 12:54 PM

Yeah, Trump retweeting that was stoooopid and lowbrow. No argument. Moving on to something related.

In the general public, I see people beaten up and chastised all the time for something they've retweeted. I don't get it.

I'm trying to compare it to something non-social media IRL....if I were having a conversation with Bob, and I said "Man, did you hear about that serial killer at Berkley?", I'm passing on some info and starting a conversation....Bob doesn't think I'm a serial killer. But if I retweeted something similar, I not only approve of murder but also started the serial killer fan club?

Seriously---when did this "retweet" process become synonymous with tacit approval of the topic being retweeted? This isn't a Trump post...just Twitter....maybe I just don't get the code.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, a tangent question....

Nov 28, 2018, 1:01 PM

Very different imho. It's all context and we need to use common sense. Let's say Trump was the original tweeter of that nonsense, and then Hillary retweeted it, we know she would be trying to show us how nuts Trump was. We have to use our brains and common sense when deciphering tweets. In this scenario we know it is that Trump likes it, approves of it, and is agreeing.

again, not talking about Trump, just Joe Public.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:05 PM

I even see people labeled as racists because of the source of their retweets even if the content isn't racist.

It makes me never want to retweet anything. Like I might just think I was retweeting a good lemon meringue pie recipe, but if somewhere down the line the Aryan brotherhood had posted it I'd be considered a card-carrying member.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no twitter expert but how I understand it is...

Nov 28, 2018, 2:12 PM

when you retweet something it is seen as endorsing whatever view is being expressed in the tweet. If you wanted to make it clear that you don't endorse the retweet, you would include remarks (or an emoji) making it clear you are posting the retweet to disagree with it.

That’s it in a nutshell. And I’m not even on Twitter.***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:51 PM

null

I'm not sure I get your confusion honestly.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to again, not talking about Trump, just Joe Public. ]

Your latter example doesn't make sense.

If you RT the recipe from an Aryan brotherhood's twitter account; then, you might get some flack. If you quote RT'd it saying "I don't agree with the account holder, but it's a good recipe" that would clear that up.

If you RT something, there really is no later on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Nov 28, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to So, a tangent question.... ]

Obed I think it is wrong for you to start serial killers fan clubs.

Don't do it...DON'T DO IT!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to So, a tangent question.... ]

This is how you reference a news story on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Weinsteinlaw/status/1067227662488403968

In your analogy, this would be some random person saying "I sure wanna kill some people in Berkley!" and you going "I'll second that!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to So, a tangent question.... ]

your ability to deflect and change the topic noted.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

deflect........

Nov 28, 2018, 1:24 PM

right after I concurred that Trump tweeted like an idiot.

If only you could similarly "deflect" we might have an actual conversation one day.

Re: deflect........

Nov 28, 2018, 2:35 PM

ok, just changing the topic

I think I can answer this.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to So, a tangent question.... ]

I've often heard younger people say, "Retweet" when someone says something they agree with, especially if controversial or harsh. I think the attitude has developed that if you agree with something, you share it. Gradually it's evolved with both Twitter and in every day life.

It's not that it makes sense. It's just what we've become.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So, you’re thinking there’s a chance Trump doesn’t agree

Nov 28, 2018, 5:27 PM [ in reply to So, a tangent question.... ]

with original tweet?

LOLLERS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to expand your news intake options

Nov 28, 2018, 12:46 PM

Do you even believe the crazy spin you type or do you just enjoy fishing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol.***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:48 PM

Re: You need to expand your news intake options

Nov 28, 2018, 12:50 PM [ in reply to You need to expand your news intake options ]

What did he spin on this one? He is fishing, but there really isn't any spin.

What spin?

Nov 28, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to You need to expand your news intake options ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/The-President-of-the-US-literally-retweeted-this-1858484?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The effects of Trumpism

Nov 28, 2018, 12:49 PM

3DD-Chess Trump is throwing around treason accusations to normalize the word.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The effects of Trumpism

Nov 28, 2018, 1:24 PM

it is more the old Carl Rovean Tactic of blaming your opponent for your faults/ weaknesses. This is very much akin to the fart game, which I bet Trump is a master at.

Rove came up with "vast right wing conspiracy"?

Nov 28, 2018, 1:26 PM

Who knew? Here I thought this was more Carvillian.

More along the lines of Gingrich's

Nov 28, 2018, 1:39 PM

movement in 80's and 90's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Gingrich was a fart in the wind until the Clintons came

Nov 28, 2018, 1:42 PM

into office. It's almost like they needed each other.

Re: Rove came up with "vast right wing conspiracy"?

Nov 28, 2018, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Rove came up with "vast right wing conspiracy"? ]

not exactly, but the GOP has been using his tactic of blaming their farts on other people since the 70s.

Re: The effects of Trumpism is that he now is his own

Nov 28, 2018, 1:57 PM

"ism".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

isms, in my opinion, are not good.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:13 PM

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.' Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.

...but that's a truism.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:44 AM

Obed, my friend, I bestow an 'ism,' on you. Henceforth...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 745
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic