Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Fedora hired his replacement.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I think Fedora hired his replacement.

Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 AM

Even with the turn overs a decently called game would have won that game by 2 touchdowns.

Would you have thought just 3 years ago that UNC would have that much more talent than SCar. Wow.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: I think Fedora hired his replacement.

Sep 4, 2015, 8:51 AM

People forget that Chizik has always called really good games against Spurrier (defensively).

UNC's defense played well enough to win. The offense, well.....that loss is squarely on Fedora's shoulders.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 4, 2015, 10:24 AM

I just don't agree with this.

OBS kept running the same off tackle run to the right all night long and Cheese-D!k couldn't figure it out.

That's what OBS does, finds a weakness and exposes you until you make adjustments. Cheese wasn't able to me those adjustments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2015, 10:57 AM

> I just don't agree with this.
>
> OBS kept running the same off tackle run to the right
> all night long and Cheese-D!k couldn't figure it out.
>
>
> That's what OBS does, finds a weakness and exposes
> you until you make adjustments. Cheese wasn't able to
> me those adjustments.

Yup. Spurrier had one thing - one! - working all night. He beat Chizik over the head with it and Chizik never adjusted.

Contrariwise, Fedora completely forgot what was working for him - he got some early joy running the same sweep plays Clemson abused Spurrier with last year - and then never went back to it. He was pounding Elijah Hood down their throat and then took him off the field.

Oh, and yeah, with Spurrier's DB's playing 10 yards off and Marquise struggling, Fedora went away from the screen game. Of course, the couple times he actually did call the screen, Marquise managed to blow those screens up by OVERTHROWING THE SCREEN INTO ROW B.

I have never, ever seen a veteran QB who has thrown for that many yards, and played that many games, blow himself up as comprehensively as Marquise Williams did last night. Holy Mother. Two freebie picks because he managed to miss Skai Moore not once but TWICE in the end zone? And you can't even complete a simple WR screen? Wow. There's bad games, and then there's some horrifying ones. There's a reason Williams was in tears on the sidelines last night. He should have been. That was...a lack of composure like I've seldom seen from a veteran QB.

Still, it's gotta be...disheartening, to say the least, for the rest of the UNC team to see their QB wailing on the sidelines while the game is still in question. Wow.

There is a reason Spurrier is a legendary coach who has won, and won, and won some more, and why Fedora is failing spectacularly at UNC, and we saw it graphically illustrated last night.

By the way, Connor Mitch isn't likely to make it more than 2-3 games. Even against UNC he demonstrated his utter lack of pocket awareness and took some amazing kill shots, and he's going to crumble when he plays a defense with a pulse. And his accuracy...wow. 9-22 for 122...and somehow USC still won the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, Chizik crunched Spurlid 56-17 in the $EC CG in 2010

Sep 4, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Fedora hired his replacement. ]

Not sure I follow you. Also, the only reason Spurrier kept running to the right was because of atrocious DE play. He kept crashing the interior on zone read. That's not Chizik, that's just bad play. UNC doesn't have the players it had in the past at DE.

Re: Uh, Chizik crunched Spurlid 56-17 in the $EC CG in 2010

Sep 4, 2015, 2:30 PM

It doesn't matter WHY he was doing it, the point is, they couldn't make the appropriate adjustments to stop them. If you have a mismatch, you have to change personel, scheme, or formation or good play callers will eat your lunch! And that's what happened with inferior talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2015, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Fedora hired his replacement. ]

Though I have no care for unc...the L came on the Qb, no excuse for those throws...high qbs know to throw high with touch to tall receivers. Its not like he didn't play the year before, he's a experienced player. Their play calling was good enough, execution is another.

Sep 4, 2015, 5:31 PM

Have to disagree with the play calling being good enough considering their running back who had rushed 13 times for 139 yards was on the sideline when the game was on the line...that was a coaches decision.

You mean Chizik?

Sep 4, 2015, 8:55 AM

Chizik is 38-38 as a head coach and 8-28 when he doesn't have Malzahn as his OC.

UNC may be bad, but they're not bad enough to be willing to promote Chizik.

Re: You mean Chizik?

Sep 4, 2015, 9:01 AM

I agree....let Chiclets run the defense and hire a good OC.

Sep 4, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to You mean Chizik? ]

The guy can recruit, He knows defense, and is a proven head coach when all the pieces are there. Part of those loses were at Iowa State. Compare his record to other coaches at Iowa State. Its no secret you have to have good coordinators and good players. He made a mistake at Auburn trying to play different brand of football without the personnel to do so. I betcha he wouldn't try to hire loeffler again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Sep 4, 2015, 10:01 AM

Chizik was hired at Iowa State to replace a 4-win coach. He proceeded to win 5 games over 2 years.

Sep 4, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to You mean Chizik? ]

Now now...Chizik did get his Masters degree from Clemson! Let's be a little nice to him...lol.

But seriously Chizik isn't in a rush to be a head coach! He's getting Tommy Bowden payments from Auburn like we had to payout as long as he isn't a head coach. Auburn fans were hoping he had to got an HC gig by now but he's playing it smart getting a Coordinator gig in the meantime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chizik is an awful HC! Much worse than Fedora.

Sep 4, 2015, 11:06 AM

He was 5-19 in two seasons at Iowa St, and Auburn practically had lynch mobs out when the news broke that they were hiring him. He went 3-9 the one season he didn't have Malzahn at Auburn. Malzahn has done plenty to prove that he was the brains behind that operation. Malzahn is 29-10 as a HC and was 30-10 as OC at Auburn. Chizik is 8-28 without Malzahn. Come to your own conclusion...

Chizik has more MNC's than Dabo and Richt combined***

Sep 4, 2015, 11:18 AM

f

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also had one more Cam Newton and one more

Sep 4, 2015, 11:43 AM

Gus Malzahn that Dabo/Richt, as well.

Cheezdik will be the next coach at uga

Sep 4, 2015, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Chizik has more MNC's than Dabo and Richt combined*** ]

we will both be happy

nope but...

Sep 4, 2015, 6:05 PM

I don't think hes worse than Fedora

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2015, 2:48 PM

The UNC QB has not been the same since being called out last year by an NC State safety for being soft. Then ncsu crushed the heels to back up the talk. Nevertheless usuck go lucky.

Good God

Sep 4, 2015, 2:57 PM

let us hope so.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic