Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Dabo called fat Muschamp's bluff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I think Dabo called fat Muschamp's bluff

May 17, 2018, 7:36 PM

I think this whole thing may have been instigated by Muschamp to make Clemson look bad. Muschamp never thought Dabo would give Belk a release, and he could use the non-release for negative recruiting. When Dabo did grant the release, it turned the tables on Muschamp. Dabo comes out clean (because he is) and Muschamp has to now deal with a potentially volatile situation.

No matter what happens, or how it turns out, it will not effect Clemson that badly, but could potentially be a huge black eye to the coots.

Dabo wins..... again.

It may be exactly what is being reported as, but too many things do not add up to me. Dabo relatively quiet about it speaks volumes. Belk could have taken a leave of absence which has been done before, and now UT being mentioned as a possible destination.

Whatever the case, that is my $0.02. Moving on, it really will not effect Clemson - if anything, it is a positive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dabo called fat Muschamp's bluff

May 17, 2018, 7:50 PM

Yep, this is the best case scenario.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was thinking something along those lines after the fact...

May 17, 2018, 8:09 PM

With it being put out w/ Belk's departure being a family issue and with our program being pitched for being a family, then think it goes along w/ what was said about CDS putting his money where is mouth is & practicing what he preaches.

If there is actually shenanigans at play, then it comes across that CDS was taken advantage of & will draw the ire & possible investigation toward SC regarding tampering or whatnot.

Think in either way, CDS & our program will come out smelling like roses in the whole situation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 8:13 PM

Joke is on Muffcramp because now we get 1 more open scholarship position to recruit.

May 17, 2018, 8:27 PM

Lumpy benefits if Belk ends up at USCjr and contributes. If Dabo played hardball, Lumpy and his staff would use it on the recruiting trial. If Lumpy and USCjr get exposed for actively pursuing Belk once he was at Clemson; they will be exposed for the scoundrels we know they are.

If a man lives with integrity he seldom comes out on...

May 17, 2018, 8:34 PM

the short end of a situation. Greed is what makes a man subject to be deceived and hate within makes him subject to the blunt end of life.

Paul said it much more simply in his letter to the Ephesians.

"7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

From all appearances Dabo has applied himself to that passage. You don't have to be a Bible thumper to understand this truth, you just have to be a bit mature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

90-17, National Champs 1981, 2016 vs ACC Champs 1969***

May 17, 2018, 8:38 PM

Re: 90-17, National Champs 1981, 2016 vs ACC Champs 1969***

May 17, 2018, 10:23 PM

If this turns out to be some shady behind the scenes stuff then I hope Dabo doesn't take his foot of the gas this November as he has the previous 2.

May 17, 2018, 11:45 PM

This thread raises an interesting point. Anybody have an over/under on the number of pounds Muschamp gains between the end of the 2017 season and the beginning of the 2018 one?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic